[Tool] Rainbow Filter (Item Highlighting)

Thank you.

idk if this is a bug or not but DOT duration reduction (eg, 20% Reduction in Burn Duration) doesn’t receive the color filter as fire resist/damage does.

I assume it is the same for all DOT reductions but I didn’t check.

I noticed that Basilisk Mark is showing up as rare green (^G) as opposed to MI green (^L). Easy to change in the text file, so not a major bug :wink:

I’ll upload the fixes in a couple days. Probably more bugs to squash out there :slight_smile:

Thanks!

We have the same problems with the German translation …

OK, I’ll take a look at it.

v0.5

• added support for DoT duration stats
  • added MI Basilisk Mark

Downloads:
Basic Highlighting
Full Rainbow

What is the purpose of prepending '(S) ’ to so many items in tags_items.txt and tagsdx1_items.txt? It just seems to display (S) before the item’s name in game for me, see example.

(line 1247) tagTorsoD012=(S) {^I}Clairvoyant’s Robe

part of a set

Found a prefix error code flagging on an item:

I think the prefix is supposed to be decaying

I have encountered some items with a missing tag… Still a noob so dunno what it should be and if it was always the same, but it looked like it according to the item stats.

And is there a reason/something special with Kriegs boots so they are pink and not purple?

Need to update everything to Grim Dawn v1.0.4.0, I’m guessing a new prefix came with it.

Legendary MI

I just saw this and I absolutely love it. This is precisely what I envisioned when I asked about affix coloring here: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63269

If that question in any way prompted you to do this, then I cannot thank you enough.

yep it did :slight_smile:
I remember a couple other threads before that asking for MI filters, but never bothered with it until I saw your thread and remembering another thread that was changing the loading screen using the settings folder. Figured I’d try if it also worked for files used here and it did, frankly I never would have done it if it required a regular mod for it to work.

mentioned your thread in one of my replies when it started:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=579560#post579560

[QUOTE=ender4;589999]What is the purpose of prepending '(S) ’ to so many items in tags_items.txt and tagsdx1_items.txt? It just seems to display (S) before the item’s name in game for me, see example.

Would you consider making set items a different color instead of prepending (S)? A change similar to monster infrequents, rare, epic and legendary.

No, because it would defeat the purpose of it.
The (S) isn’t there to be able to tell if it’s a set, sure it can be used for that, too, but it’s there to be able to tell which items you are wearing. The indicator color is being overridden by the color changing the item’s name, so the (S) is using the color determined by the indicator in the list and the item’s name has the new color. In the name the (S) is using the color from the prefix/style, I don’t like it, but better than the alternative, where I have to go and check if I’m wearing another item of the set by going over all possible items.

If you don’t care about it you could remove it, they’re just *.txt files, even the regular notepad has a replace all function. Look for "(S) " (mind the space after) and replace it with nothing.
I might add a switch to the tool, if I’m feeling very generous and motivated, but you could already use the tool for that unless you are using a mod with affixes for epics/legendaries. Don’t use a color for Epics/Legendaries and the (S) is not being added, because it’s not necessary.

Great mod/QoL change. Unfortunately it seems 1.0.4.0 brought some new affixes, since i have encountered several “tag not found” items.

I think you’re right about the prefix being Decaying. I found an item with that unfound tag and was able to add it just looking in the text file at the format of what WareBare had done.

If you open the tag_items.txt file from the download and find the section heading #Prefixes you’ll find the prefix tags cleanly organized. The prefixAO section ends at AO013. Add the following line immediately after the entry for AO013:

tagPrefixAO014={^Y}Decaying

That should take care of that particular prefix (it did for the one I found, anyway).

EDIT:

Or… you could just download WareBare’s update below :wink:

Have not tested this at all, hopefully everything worked out, if so I can start working on making the fetch MI/Affixes functionality available to everyone.

v0.6

• updated to Grim Dawn 1.0.4.0

Attachments are in the OP as usual, but copied the link to safe you the trip there (as usual).
Basic Highlighting v0.6
Full Rainbow v0.6

Thanks! :slight_smile: