What's the latest on Crate's town builder game? Now entitled Farthest Frontier

With that in mind, maybe this game is Age of Empires without the combat part then. Medierra needs to hurry and reveal this game already! :imp:

then its like command and conquer games, but you can’t build any military unit. just some workers, and they only gather resources all the time. thats it.

multiplayer will be who gets the most resources within the time limit, but players cannot attack or sabotage each other. the challenges will be exploring fog of war and claiming resource sites asap. and trying to bodyblock other players’ villagers with your own villagers to slow down their resource gathering speed. fun.

Im itching for a townbuilder/survival game, any recommmedations?

Town builder with survival - there were quite a few games lately that meet that criteria

Thanks, I will definitely try

We have new screenshots folks!

8 Likes

That first one tho… that looks really good.

Looks great. There will be change of seasons?

Where is the pre-order option… i need to buy this game so i can have the right to criticize it :smiling_imp:

I dont think this game will fail… we trust in Crat3 that’s why they need to release it ASAP so we can bash and mold the game to the meet needs of the community…

Edit…

Its time to abandon Grim Dawn development… this game needs all of Crate talent to truly succeed… Zantai needs to join jump on board and be active in this game and not play or work on it halfheartedly… Grim Dawn is done… time to usher 2020 towards a brand new game!!!

They look great, love the atmosphere allready.:hugs:

the screenshots’ atmosphere feels nice. like the feeling you get when walking in european-style countryside.

reminds me of that beta village survival game - banished -. however, we still haven’t known what kind of crisis will happen in the game. either economic & social challenge, invaders, or natural disaster?

Banished is long out of beta now.

And we do know Ulthar gets killed by some wolves. :sob:

1 Like

I tried to zoom and use my crystal clear glasses and I see they are using a modified version of the titan quest engine but with some touches if Cairn smh :expressionless:

Your crystal clear glasses seem to have a smudge as you are, in fact, wrong. Medierra confirmed long ago it is in Unity. Wherever that post is… maybe medea can find it.

Pretty easy since it’s in the OP of this thread. :rofl:

“Medierra :“new” project, which is about 2 years old now, is a town-builder done in Unity though… then we’ll be starting something else soon”

Okay, a bit more info from FB. In a reply to a question about the round building - it’s the town centre.

Oh!.. Just imagine a goth take on Tropico!
Machiavelli here i come!!!

by beta, i mean the latest banished update is the 1.0.7 beta build specifically made for the modding community, since the modders are what keeping banished alive and add contents that should’ve been in vanilla banished in the 1st place.

anyway, there are other newer medieval town builder games that has succeeded banished out there. hopefully the wolf threat is a sign that crate’s town game can make dangerous beasts a significant threat to players’ towns. such as beasts harassing/killing hunters/woodcutters/farmers.

Yeah, well, Banished is a pretty good effort for one man. I haven’t played a lot of it. I get so far and then just come back to GD.