[0.7.4] Walls are not being built at all

Hi, my builders have stopped building walls. It is year 11 now, and since year 7 they have not built a single element, only gates. No matter the number of workers assigned (up to 20) or whether it’s given priority or not. I even let all other construction sites finish, so that no other tasks were given. Before year 7, they had built fences, but now it’s neither fences (wooden/stone) nor wooden walls. I tried exit the game and reload, didn’t help.

You can find the save file here:

Should I send it to the support email, too?

Best

Do they have tools?

Yes, a few of them. I bought tools from traders from time to time. Also, why would they build everything else without tools except walls? :thinking:

But good news: a decade later (or a couple of hours in game time), in year 17, my settlers miraculously decided to start building walls again (the same construction sites that have been around since before year 7). I could not attribute this behavior to anything specific - I didn’t reload the save game and did not do anything else differently than before.

This was just in time before some large raider groups arrived. So this report is kind of solved for now.

This is working for me.

When i build up my defences if stop everything from being harvested or build that i can.

I even stop production of things (except food). Otherwiese it takes decades to get walls build…
Last time it took them 13 years and 3 raids until they finally finished it… :-1:

You really need about 60 people to get something going - 30 labors and 30 builders or it takes way too long.

I have so much unbuilt wall in my city. Most of my workers are stuck as labourers unable to work and only a few ever build anything. There is nothing in my map marked for harvesting either.

I have prioritized the walls to be built. My buildings inside the city are being built and upgraded. They’ll plant trees. Some of my walls did get built but about half of the wall is never being worked on.

In my case, like I said above, they didn’t build a single wall segment for 10 years straight. Even if I prioritized the construction.

A fix for roads not being worked on is in the upcoming patch v0.7.5.

Hai, I have a similar problem, only 1 person builds stone walls, and 1 person is also involved in improving roads from ordinary to stone ones. For walls, only if you set a priority, then more people will build walls

Same issue. Makes the game unplayable once the raids get ready big (80+raiders in a party). Raiders just pour into your village and do what they want

1 Like

I have the same problem. I have all the necessary materials for construction, but builders do not want to build walls, and not selecting “priority” does not make construction a priority. The yellow exclamation mark icon does not appear. Probably the error occurs when we want to build a very long wall at one time.

I dont know if this will help anyone but i had the same issue in 0.75f!

I fixed it, it’s because i have clicked enable construction, so it wasn’t enabled. This was for early city planning. I didn’t know this at time but it tracks across EVERY SINGLE WALL piece and even if you delete it and rebuild the entire wall (to the point there were no new wall constructions left when you restarted building them) They all default to the last time you pressed the bloody button!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.