[1.0.0.6] Warborn Gunslinger Commando - The Pistolier

Somehow missed this thread. I made a very similar build a while back, never finished it (level 80 I think). Gear is almost identical, Blademaster though. My devotion setup was slightly different too, going from memory though. It was a fun build, maybe I’ll finish it up. (could post more details if you like)

The reason your kill time was slower with 2H, by the way, would likely be because of all the procs you get from gear with this setup. Sheet DPS is misleading, actual damage is significantly higher.

I’m using this build and have one question. I’m a N0Ob player to Grim Dawn, just wondering, what skills do you use to level up quickly? I have a Warder tank that used Swarm to level and at 40 spec’d out of it. So, I was curious if you did a similar thing for this build?

Thanks!

I can’t remember the exact details, but I think I went melee with a 2H to start with using Blitz/Falcon Swoop and Blade Arc, then switched to ranged 2H Cadence/Assassin’s Mark with BWC/Falcon Swoop when I had enough skills in Cadence line.

You could switch to pistols at 50 when you have access to Havoc, but there aren’t many decent Physical based pistols before then.

I think with most builds, even the ones that are less optimal, you can generally switch to the end-game spec by level 50 at the latest.

I guess I’m hard-headed. :smiley: (read: ID-10-T)

I’m using pistol and shield, or rifle / X-bow, to level up, trying to stay “in character”. I have some semi-decent low-level gear and will be able to DW by lvl 20. I’ll grind it out. :wink:

Off-hand, sword & board, for when I’m overrun.

nice job I have been keeping my commando at relatively low level content before progressing on because i couldn’t see/theory-craft any gear options. was waiting for someone to post something like this.

things/enemies this build should avoid on ultimate?

i know this build is old, but can I translate this build for Korean Grim Dawn Community in Naver? I had fun time to play this.

Sure, go for it :slight_smile:

thanks i will let you know

The Korean GD Community in Naver

Even though it is Korean, here is what I did.

My version by GrimDCalc

• I used Kilrian Soul to boost Attack Speed and Vitality Resist
  • 16 points of Vindictive Flame
  • Not considering Weapon Switch Situation
  • Since I have no BoM with 3 Cadence, I have to use alternative - 5 Blackwater Cocktail
  • About resist, I only kept min 70

This build is fun, but I am worried about the expansion which could alter this build too much (I am talking about Inquisitor).

I think the expansion will render most current builds obsolete :slight_smile:

It will be interesting to see what options there are to improve on the Cadence gunslinger, I’m not really up to date on the new skill trees yet to understand what is possible. I’ll be playing Purifier before Tactician though :cool:

Thanks for the credit, I hope the Korean guys enjoy it as well ^^

Any updated in malmouth for this build boys?.. Its Viable for this expansion?..

Running this with 2p Warborn (still farming for shoulders), with DD sidearm and havoc, and a couple of different gear/devotion setups. Resistances almost all capped, (Bleeding and Piercing at 87% and 82% respectively), 1939 armor, 8.9k health. Getting REKT by Ultimate Fabius. Any advice?

I don’t have time to play GD at the moment so I haven’t been able to update this build for the expansion.

You are probably better off going with Tactician now though if you want a Cadence based gunslinger, in which case check out JoV’s DW Tactician crucible build.

HP is a little low, but DA is probably more important with regards to Fabius. Ideally you want at least 2k, but nearer 2.2k to not be critable - I forget the exact value.

Other than that, make sure you keep Flashbang and BWC up, and use Oleron’s Might and Bloodthirster as necessary for DR / sustain.