[1.0.0.7] Trozan's Spellbreaker, Frostburn damage based close-range build

In your latest devotion tree, you have the viper but you do not have the chaos crossroads devotion selected and nothing else is giving you the 1 chaos needed to build into the viper. How do you do that in game or is it a bug with the calc?

Edit: I just figured it out, by the way thanks for the guide! I started using it at the start of elite and i flew through elite and ultimate in no time on my first character. It make ultimate a complete joke.

Great build man, I’ve always been a fan of cold builds, and it’s nice to see they’re starting to get some love from Crate.

What do you think about using the Nemesis relic? Asking because the game doesn’t want to drop the blueprint for Iskandra’s relic, and I’m not sure if I should keep using Deathchill or craft a Nemesis.

In case if anyone else has the same question, completed constellations can sustain themselves if they give the requirement colors, so you can remove the point from Crossroads afterward.

I would not make Nemesis, if you look at the skill trees, a great majority of your points are on the Arcanist side, including your main attack.
I’d just keep trying or ask someone else to craft it for you.

all casters are really strong right now…

I did try Nemesis because I hadn’t found Iskandra’s Balance yet. Nemesis is pretty solid except for one huge issue - the summon gets completely wrecked by strong bosses. Against Fabius and Sentinel I would say Nemesis had ~20% uptime.

Yeah, it doesn’t seem to last long against some bosses.
I have it on my TSS character and it’s actually surprisingly decent after its buffs a while ago.

It can kill non-bosses by itself in a couple swipes and adds some supplemental DPS against stronger targets.
I noticed it didn’t seem to take damage at all against most enemies, which made me wonder if it wasn’t immune against most damage types.
But it did die pretty fast against some bosses, yeah.

Great build Weyu. I had a Trozan Spellbreaker following the Exiled Starcaller build. It was very fun but I prefer your version for the massive cold and frostburn damage. It seemed odd at first to use the epic Eastern set but overcapping TSS and Frozen Core gives massive DPS.

Glad to hear it.
This build does passable damage, but I still think Arcanist casters are somewhat weak compared to most other skills, so I hope they’ll buff their main spells (PRM, TSS and AAR mainly) to be more in line with the others.

Of the 3, I think TSS is the most versatile/“best” right now, but both PRM and AAR have big energy issues and PRM requires too many points and does too little damage for that investment.
AAR is decent for single target but I think it’s probably beaten by the Shadow Strike builds, which shouldn’t be IMO.

So I hope a future patch or the expansion will buff these skills, since I like playing all 3 types, especially PRM.

Where do those proc chances from the main devotions come from?
cant iven find patch notes of elemental storm and whirpool beeing 85% and 100% on attack…

The chance of devotion procs depends on the skill its attached to. Higher CD skills have higher devotion proc chances.