[1.0.0.9] 2H Lame Physical WitchBlade

Would you elaborate for a new player why that is the case?

attack speed, less weap choice, 2h even with recent buff will only have one component and 1 augment (augment a bit stronger but not “enough”) while dw or shield will get two components (components on 2h are exact same btw)

sheet dps can fly high on this build, even more on AAR builds; or also chaos build for example, but it wont feel that powerfull in game compared to other chars with less dps on paper; due to lack of procs, res reduction etc or even skills themselves

What is the reason not to put a single point into Zolhan’s Technique?

no good reason,you can put one in it for sure; i didnt since its internal trauma and not physical (trauma and reflects/shields is the worst), but no good reason at the end
you can put point(s) in it or not, wont change much anyway

Is it viable to go the DW route instead for a physical witchblade? Two maces most likely …

In particular what would be the best way to enable dual wield?

sure will be viable, even better talking about efficienty, just go full warborn set, DO NOT pick as second weap something with %armor piercing, drop kraken in devotion and youre good to go.

pick that purple medal direwolf crest or the blademaster talisman, depends if you prefer to keep oleron relic or BoM, both solutions has pros and cons.

also work perfectly with shield if you look for more tankiness or solo farm crucible

Theorycrafted update of the build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zRmkd2

Hi! I have followed your build for my 1st char, I wonder if this build still work until now cause i have trouble farming Crucible, on Challenger i can only go 150 and monster can ez take me down, i try lifesteal SoC but not enough to survive :frowning:

hi, im sorry but i cant really say how it performs now, i switched it to dw (warborn, beronath), mostly same as this one

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65464

150 gladiator was easy with this char, easier than with 2h version
remember to follow the updated set up offered by Chthon (in first post) and not my original lvl 85 set up unless you dont have expansion, also you can sure follow JoV build i linked just above, especially if youre looking to do some crucible alone, my builds arent made in that purpose in general.