[1.0.0.9] [Saboteur] The Grenado Gunslinger [Caster/Gunslinger]

Your life would be much easier with additional +1 or even +2 to arcanist, not to mention that warpfires -20% fire rr means a loot.

Phys resistance is really good there is no doubt about it, specially against hard phys/trauma hitting enemies like maiden or Mos, but that’s not all that makes sigebreaker superior, you get +1 to soldier and really nice shotgun skill that can be used in rotation with greanado or w/e other skill you chose.

I could say that even with ulzuin chosen you can take those 40 pts from grenado and take something else, its not about that :smiley:
Point is that no matter what you cant make grenado spammable and if you want to play grenado build you will end up using few spells on rotation or waste time hoping that UC will proc CD reduction. I just dont think that chance to double cast it ~1/3 of the time is wort so high skill point investment in case of that commando setup, if your plan is to do crucible with it.

You can get much more than that with phys to fire component for weapons ie enchanted flint, fc bolts,… Also some weapons have phys to fire conversion that will further convert int trauma to burn.

Weapon conversion works on spells? I know it will work on weapon damage part, but does it work on pure damage?
And yeah, I thought about warpfire, but with good half of damage on grenado being lightning, I decided to leave this pistol. +1 to Soldier is simply nice, when you use 6, at most 7 skills. And granted skill seems useless on this build, since I don’t focus physical or weapon damage.

Yes it does, you should inform your self bit more about it. Also you are forgetting that phys and int trauma dmg from siegebreaker granted skill can be also converted to fire/lightning or w/e and since its shotgun type of skill is really great for procing devotion abilities.

Something doesn’t quite sit right with the Devotion panel, missing one point in Ascendant i/o to reach Owl constelation… Either im a total noob and im missing something or there’s an honest mistake. Could you double-check that?

Trying this build, still early days but fun with the lmb and rmb grenades, works surprisingly well even in act 1 veteran. But I’ve been thinking about damage conversion. Goal is as much physical to fire as possible.

30% barrelsmith set
10% amulet (like alazra’s ruby)
10% ulzuins chosen (doesn’t work on auto attacks sadly)
20% two components in weapons

That makes 70% conversion for both skills and 60% for the auto attacks. Did I miss something? I checked out my whole GDStash collection and this is all I could find. Bit sad that 100% conversion seems impossible.

Sashalonex, you use 1 point in Ascendant Crossroads to pick up Owl. Then Owl provides 5 Ascendant and you can remove the point in Crossroads.

Yes I believe that’s right.

IMO the fire conversion amulets aren’t as good as the beronath amulets that provide +1 to all skills, especially since this build is point-starved. But early game use whatever you have :slight_smile:

Glad to see others trying this build!

Weirdest build i’ve tried so far. Love it =)

Could you please add this build to grimtools? Imo way better than grimcalc.

While alazra’s ruby (and the empowered one) lacks some +skills I think my build will end up with something like 80% of points spent in demo skills so the lack of support for the other class won’t hurt as much. I’m thinking of making it an elementalist because I can’t get what I want from the demo tree without leaving me short of getting the nightblade skills. All I could afford in shaman is heart of the wild and oak skin (I like armor) and maybe grasping vines, then the points run out.

It’s there buddy :wink:

Yes this build is seriously lacking in points. I can’t wait for the expansion to fill out all the abilities I want.