[1.0.2.1] [Battlemage][U] Warden Blitzkrieg

This build has the main focus of utilizing the Krieg’s Armament set by converting 55% of your physical damage into aether and 50% of your elemental damage into aether, then boosting aether as much as possible with physical being a side-product of Krieg’s set.

Grim Tools: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2mMKDz2

Pros:

55% Physical Damage Converted to Aether (Higher with good item rolls. Higher is better.)

50% Elemental Damage Converted to Aether (This extends to CT and your devotions skills)

75% Critical Damage

Burst Damage*

Blitz turns you into a semi-truck made of biceps

Very high cadence damage (250k with a crit, about 120k-ish without crit), but…

Cons:

First and Second autoattacks are subpar (unless they crit about 45k)

Inconsistent Damage*

Very Wide Weapon Damage and Weapon Attack threshold

• This is not a build issue, it is a cadence issue

What is so special about this build?

Krieg’s set is the only purple set that offers physical and aether damage bonuses with a decent amount of armor, which makes it prime for specialized physical/aether hybrid builds, but I took a more aether focused build while using physical damage as a supplement to boost aether damage. With the scythe, you get a natural 45% physical damage to aether damage conversion, which for being a blue, is pretty darn good for this setup (if you are lucky enough, you can get one with 50% conversion). With wrathstone, you can bump that conversion up to 55%(or 65%) physical damage to aether damage conversion.

Why does Blitz turn you into a semi-truck made of biceps?

Krieg’s Grips converts 80% of Physical Damage to Aether Damage on Blitz, which will naturally be enhanced by Aether Damage bonuses. But due to Mythical Soulsplitter, it is pushed well beyond 100% than it should… but that is only an afterthought.

Krieg’s Mask further enhances Blitz in a good way, offering -0.4 second skill recharge, and 100 more aether damage (enhanced by aether damage bouses). Plus the +3 to Blitz is very nice for this as well.

What is with the blue items?

Due to lacking itemization for physical/aether builds, I had to dip into blue items to fill in slots that compliments the general playstyle of the build, but honestly I was not disappointed with what I found.

The two Magelord Rings works very well into our favor by converting elemental damage into aether damage, which means our skills and devotions which do elemental damage (fire, cold, and/or lightning) now do 50% of it’s damage as aether, whch is further boosted by our aether bonus scaling. While this only affects one skill (Callidor’s Tempest) and three devotions (Aether Bomb, Phoenix Fire, and Spear of the Heavens), this is only half the focus of those rings.

The other half is the lovely boost of +5 to Cadence, +5 to Callidor’s Tempest, +2 to Inferno, and +2 to Deadly Momentum. There is also the side bonus of Aether Smash proccing 30% of the time on critical hit, which is super nice.

The Soulweave Girdle is pretty much the only item available that offers physical and aether with decent armor, and the +skills and passive skill ain’t bad either.

Where do I go after I finish this build?

As with most builds, you will have to adjust and optimize depending on the almighty God of RNG. With moderate luck, your resistances will be covered by at least 6% overcap, slightly less if not… but it isn’t much of a big deal.

[PLACEHOLDER FOR CRUCIBLE VIDEO]

Any chances to see this build without this crazy MI pants?

Take it, bro :smiley:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrlvLL2

In my attempts to fit a purple item onto the build, it just cannot be done. The loss of chaos resist is too strong, plus Kuba’s leggings is a much better choice over most purples anyways.

Apparently the roll back pushed my post date way back o.o

This was updated to this, right?

I remember Krieg’s Grips and semitruck made of biceps etc.