[1.0.3.0] DW Melee Witch Hunter - iwishiwasacaster v1.0

It doesn’t matter how good a build is if you can’t pilot it efficiently.

Thanks for the guide.

Any updates on the leveling guide?

I am particularly interested in whether you would suggest siding with Kymon’s Chosen or Order of Death’s Vigil in Normal difficulty? What about Elite and Ultimate difficulty?

Many thanks.

You need to side with Kymon’s Chosen. The build uses one of their augments on the amulet.

Whether or not to side with them before Ultimate is up to the gear you have - side with Order of Death’s Vigil if you need one of their pieces of gear.

I’m leveling this build and I have sided with the Order and I haven’t used anything from them until now (level 81), so I don’t think it really matters until Ultimate.

EDIT: If you really want to side with the Order you can start by choosing Kymon’s, get Revered with them, buy what you need from them then on the next difficulty side with the Order.

EDIT2: As for leveling, I’ve been leveling as a transmuted DEE dot caster (there should be several guides on the forum for this class combo, including one that is gladiator crucible viable, basically just rush Abomination), then I switched to this build around level 60 when I found Venomlash.

Many thanks. Would you also be kind enough to also post the order in which you spent your Devotion points?

Guardians Gaze updated with added acid damage now. Would that be something to consider?
Maybe instead of Toad?

Love this! thanks for another great build

any alternatives on shoulders? im sided with the order and dont feel like making a new character and farm like crazy

what to use as LMB if i dont have the shard of beronath yet?

Use DEE-build till you got some, since neither really has any.
Or go with basic attack if you feel like it does the job.

Hmmm I just realised that Deathguard Shroud now has its Cold > Acid conversion removed. In this case then would it be better to switch to Venomblade jacket for some extra Pierce > Acid?

Since we are using the set helm anyway, there is not much loss in terms of dmg.

Or maybe the Myth Venomancer’s Raiment?

I know this is an old post, but I’ll answer that for anyone seeking the answer. You will lose out on a lot of dps even with the aura up, should you choose to take the M Venomancer’s Rainment. There is also a good amount of bleeding resist on the M Stealth Jacket. The upside is a better energy regen on the Rainment, which is not really needed in this build.

I’ve come to make a similar build as my main. I do recommend farming a putrid necklace with a somewhat good prefix and suffix. No need for the both of them to be rares with perfect high rolls. One rare suffic or prefix is enough with a serviceable magical rarity of the other.

I still don’t quite understand why, but you are better of with the Nidalla’s Outbreak relic. I’ve tested it over and over again and come to realise the significances of the DPS increase. Training dummies, main campaign, or crucible. All over the board you are faster. By a margin of around 10-15%
I’ve given that relic the shit in the past in dual wielding WH’s builds. The flat acid damage increase from Malediction is almost the same as having an extra dagger. The 250-300’ish & damage increase to acid and poison is also insane. With a very fast attack speed it seems implausible that Nidella’s Outbreak would outperform those bonuses… but it just does. Test it yourself on a dummy at least (with a putrid necklace).

With the 45% elemental conversion on the putrid necklace and the 30-36% on the cowl and the combined 80-100+% vitality damage conversion on the daggers. The undying oath relic becomes amazing.

Having around 2.8k DA is a bit on the light end with a melee build and the low pierce res is dangerous. I recommend people to ignore armor absoption completely in leau of patching out their resses. The small dudes die almost immediately, the danger is the big dudes punching our face to smitherins. With our paltry 1.6k-1.8k armor having a few hundreds of damage going through of the 5k damage or something damage, is not what is going to be out death. Holes in our resses will, however, present a bigger problem. Turning that 5k into 10k and having it crit on top of that is way more dangerous. Overcapping resses (by at least 20-30%) is prudent in the Malmouth DLC and the later stages of the crucible.

Cheers and best regards from Zoppy.

Is this build still viable or anybody knows an up to date equivalent?