[1.0.6.0] Nature's Avenger - A Phys/IT Titan - the 2h reign begins - Gladiator 150-170 in 11 min

It’s not gonna be Archon that’s for sure. I find Warder far more versatile and stable. Archon needs a bit more work on this set imo

PS: you’ll get just ONE Paladin from me you hear? Just one

With Forgotten Gods around the corner i thought if it would be good to change something about the build:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxgBl52

Dropped Crab (i’m not sure how important it is) and wraith + some hp to get Ulzaad and some stun + slow resistance. Sadly i had to drop 1 point in Oleron. Not sure if this is better. What do you think?

Looking forward to play this build with FG and I haven’t followed the last changes… Is this build still strong?

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yesterday this build (from the OP) cleared 150-170 +Extra w/o banners and with buffs two times in a row. Gladly, all these nerfs missed Avenger.

Good to know, I enjoyed the build very much! Same devotions and skill setup of the first thread, right?

Inviato dal mio ANE-LX1 utilizzando Tapatalk

Crab’s “shell” is a pretty decent proc and the constellation as a whole does help both defensively and offensively. But i’m sure that the new devotion setup that we’ll see soon enough is closer to the one you posted. You can drop % phys damage node from Dire Bear to get the top node in Oleron, it doesn’t affect the setup and it would be a noticeable improvement, IMO. Then again, you can ditch Bear altogether and give up on the top node in Oleron and get Arzakaa as a bonus.

I think i will try this configuration:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p2535myZ

i bind Azrakaa proc to Savagery, but i’m not sure to what i’m binding Blind fury now. Maybe instead of sailor’s guide one should use panther for extra % crit dmg and OA.

This build seems easy to play, maybe trying it in FG
btw is this build updated for fg?

my not so hardline/scientific dummy testing:

(assassin’s mark always on doomforce)

blind fury - savagery, shifting sands - devouring swarm = 36s
blind fury - upheval, shifting sands - savagery = 33s
blind fury - savagery, shifting sands - upheval = 30 s

Nothing else really spams blind fury or shifting sands quick enough imo.

Edit: its early so correct me if I’m wrong, but putting shifting sands on upheval gives it a 10% proc chance per attack, right?

This is one of my main builds. How do you like the changes you’ve done to it? Shifting sands that much better?

@Superfluff, is this viable in 1.1.1.4?

I’m not Superfluff, but the Avenger’s set did get buffed in 1.1.4.0, and I’m pretty sure that some iteration of this is still pretty viable…

Judging by the GT link in the OP, he doesn’t seem to play/update this build anymore, though; so you might have to do some amount of adjustments yourself (probably starting with the class combo: since this build’s publishment, the core set got tailored more towards Archons – who should deal a bit more dmg than Warders due to Celestial Presence etc.)

That being said, for at least main campain & roguelike dungeons this setup should still be fine, too – and definitely fun to play :wink:

Thanks for the reply @Cinder.

Sorry that I couldn’t help you any further :see_no_evil:

One thing I actually found in my theorycrafting-archive just now was this Archon setup I cooked up in expectation of levelling one goint into the FG expansion (I wound up starting with a Shieldbreaker instead, though, so I kind of forgot about it). It was directly based on the OP’s build & might at least be a start in case you’d like to try going into that direction.

@Cinder, I love 2H phys builds, but levelling one is a pain in the ass. I think I will go S&B warlord. I played this game from beta to release. Stopped playing coz of game performance issues. I will start from scratch again. I will try the performance boosts on the recent patch.

Yeah, Warlord is a pretty solid choice for a starter, too!

For levelling – and endgame too, tbh. – 2h Forcewave (transmuted) would be a pretty good choice in my experience, especially if you rush Celestial Presence afterwards :slight_smile:

:arrow_right: starter version by malawiglenn

Yeah, I was already taking a look into it. Might start with 2H spam then change to s&b later.

@Ysengard I also have budget spin2win and Dual wield cadence warlords too if you get “bored” with forcewave at level +90 :slight_smile:

Leveling with 2H spam forcewave is a breeze though :slight_smile:

@malawiglenn, honestly I’m already looking at the compendium builds and your beginner builds and I’m torn which warlord I will use. I preferrably love 2H phys builds, but endgame wise thinks that S&B would be better like Symbio’s build.

I think using your 2H spammer or spinner then transitioning to S&B later?

Yes that is a good idea. I can also make a S&B warlord similar to Dragon’s pre-Krieg death knight. I will upload it in the sketches later today. Then play by your stash. If you get many Ocavius pieces continue with spamm forcewave or Aegis, if you get many Justice set pieces go with fire blitz/forcewave, if you stoneguard set go with retaliation, if you get warborn set pieces go with DW or S&B cadance and so on :slight_smile: