[1.0.6.1] Savagery Vindicator - 85% WPS chance, 460k crits unbuffed/unbannered

But for 2H cadence builds, WPS or no WPS, you’re still going to need to get in 2 hits before the cadence proc, yes?

I could be wrong, but as I understand it to be - there shouldn’t be a DPS loss from taking ZT unless the attack animation slows down the time needed to ‘charge up’ cadence due to the longer attack animation, and not from an increase in the number of attacks needed for cadence.

Am I missing something?

ZT takes approx 2 times more to execute its animation than regular attack. Probably maxed ZT is an increase of overall damage, but to be sure I always test it on dummy. Sometimes it’s a loss.

That wps is too good to pass up. I end up using it on all sorts of random builds, it’s that good imo.

How did you come up with these calculations? Savagery %WD stacks multiplicatively with WPS %WD. And Savagery charges don’t affect %WD either.

(165+40)120118% (Savagery WD, charges, Might of the Bear) * 175% (Feral Hunger WD) = 507% WD resulting.
Savagery charges affect WD in summary.

Alright, it appears my info on Savagery was outdated - charges do appear to affect the damage of the %WD component as you said.

Still, I think neither MotB nor Savagery charges should be incorporated into a net %WD calculation. Because if you incorporate those, why not also incorporate +% lightning damage bonuses? None of these are purely about weapon damage from a Savagery hit; they also affect the non-WD damage components of Savagery. In the case of Savagery charges, it also affects character-wide flat and +% damage bonuses.

I think only flat damage components of WPS are affected by charging, not % lightning damage, because this otherwise makes Savagery completely broken and able to reach insane 3500% bonus, and I don’t see that in real. I can see good and stable 500% WD on Feral Hunger regular hits and crits, it fits the calculation.

Oh, there was a misunderstanding. All I meant was, the notion of “net Savagery + WPS %WD” should not incorporate MotB, Savagery charges, character +% lightning bonuses, character +% elemental bonuses, etc. into the calculation.

Net damage that you see on the main screen in actual gameplay should of course.

Hope that makes sense.

Percentage damage doesn’t increase by charges, only WD and flat.

Why the void seal? You’re pushing feral hungers of the table with that and the medal.

vindicators are indeed one trick (ok, three) ponies
this looks nice though!!

How would you do the calculations dio?

@raven - void seal pushes WPS chance from 85% to 101%. I think the excess of 1% is something I’m willing to take for moar WPS. In addition, void seal has increased attack speed. As for direwolf crest…its WPS only affects DW melee, not shooter builds. :rolleyes:

@strukto - I was wrong about chilling rounds. Also, you should try the blood ragers cowl on your gunslinger. The 20% WD should apply to both guns.

One thing I don’t understand is how you managed to push it thru Crucible 150-170. My Vindicator got similiar defenses, less armor but much more phys res yet I don’t even think about going to Crucible with it.

It’s mostly because of ghoul. I facetank everything until ghoul is on CD.

I also kite when I’m debuffed so I don’t get oneshotted.

Mutators are also something to take note of. For example, if I get the -10% damage to players + 40% more monster HP mutator combination, I play a lot more cautiously as I know I can’t disintegrate things as quickly.

EDIT: Are you also using stormtitans? The damage reduction goes a long way.

2nd EDIT: What also helps a lot is knowing how long the inqui seal buff lingers even after you step away from it (~1s). This allows you to time your kiting/recasting of seal better, and therefore allows your to position yourself better.

Keep it simple.

Net Savagery %WD = (Savagery %WD) * (WPS %WD)

Everything else are just factors that result in the damage you see on the screen.

So you’d ignore the charge And Motb?

@strukto - I was wrong about chilling rounds. Also, you should try the blood ragers cowl on your gunslinger. The 20% WD should apply to both guns.

ok thanks, going to try that

Btw sir, did you think about investing 1pt into Maelstrom? If Wind Devil is used as Elemental Storm proccing skill, it can do that twice as better with Maelstrom.

That’s a brilliant suggestion. Where would you get the skill point from? Feral hunger?

Tenacity of the Boar, I think