[1.0.6.1] Soul Piano: 9:30 min. Crucible Gladiator 150-170 immortal facetank Defiler [vid][g2][c+]

Just shows how sad sorcs are right now and how op Clairvoyant is. We might get it nerfed though with all those builds though, I am sure Ptiro won’t be happy :).

So you basically took part of my build but on offensive you added just half-leveled WoP, that’s it? Is that enough firepower?

Don’t worry, no one gona nerf clairvoyant set before expansion hit and after the expansion I`m planning to do a lot of spin-to-win action, so I don’t really care :wink: . Alredy leveled everyone to lvl 80 solo masteries :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not sure if it was just a fluke since it was just 1 run, but aside from reaper, everything just melted. Maybe I got so lucky with clairvoyant cdr procs. I dunno. I was also surprised and I was prepared to add Kalastor in case I didn’t have enough damage.

Decided to try this little monster out against the most dangerous Nemesis out there - Grava’Thul, what do you know, melted him without any sweat in under 30 seconds.

Added a video to the guide as well as updated Grimtools link with my current gear spec (changed boots and moved around components accordingly.

Tested this Defiler and despite nerfs to MoT and Clairvoyant set it’s still pretty strong. Made some changes to components and augments to get armor to 2k and patch up armor absorbption. Made a test run with 4 blessings 1 banner - 8:20 time. Not bad for a Defiler. Some amount of kiting and positioning versus Reapers/Grava is required tho. Same with Alex’ meteor.

Hmm. I thought my Clairvoyant Purifier would be shit with the nerfs but seeing this gives me hope. That one was hit harder tho due to seal nerfs.

Forget about Seal with a caster unless it’s 22/12 Seal with Aura of Censure and some fat ADCtH spell. I was constantly kiting with my Defiler caster, not that I didn’t enjoy it, build is pretty fun and thrilling. New Crucible makes you pay more attention to your defensive stats, which is kind of good, because in last couple of months overpowered builds with mediocre defenses kind of took over.

This didn’t age well, tho set is still very strong and binder got CT buffed as compensation. Devastation and MoT nerf were insignificant lol.

Was the nerf on seal that big? I checked with old GT (I have offline version of 0.6.1) and the absorb only went down by 10 points at 12/12 and 15 points at 22/12. Not really that big, imo but still needs testing on some squishy builds. My clairvoyant Purifier had Censure (still nerfed, harder than seal)+Seal tho :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s a small nerf, but together with a small nerf to Censure and a little buff to Crucible it puts squishier glass cannons in the dumpster. Bum rushing 150-170 with 2600 DA builds with 78% armor absorb is not an option anymore.

Seal lost like 20 absorb at max level 22/12… but its slightly more at lower levels. Combined with some -dr on censure it can be felt on a lot of builds that paired with inq. Especially when paired with certain mutators in crucible.

Famous last words, don’t you think? - assumption is the mother of all f ups

If anything, this might signify that FG is not that near as we think it is. We all expected this patch to be just AAR buffs and then we got a huge balancing shit.

Thanks for the great build. Really like playin while smashin the keyboard.
But me havin a simple, dumb problem. I cant skill the Devotion points like the build itself. Without skilling Crossroads, i cannot got further.
Tried it multiple times in Grim Tools and 2 times in the game.
Based on that,(im just dumb and) Spear of the Heavens is missing, because of one simple point. :frowning:

What is my fault?

Well devotion route is pretty straight forward in this one. Take a blue point in the crossrads, take Sailor’s Guide/Eel/Solemn Watcher/Imp. Take a red point in the crossroads, take Ghoul/Fiend/Jackal/Widow. Remove red point from crossroads at Spirit Guide in Devil’s Crossing or Coven or Steelcap District.. Take all the remaining devotions: Undying God (do not take the nod that gives flat chaos)/Spear of Heavens/Aeon’s Hourglass.

Oh hell no. I really did not know that i can reskill Devotion, actually.
Thanks…, how awkward :smiley: