[1.1.1.1 - 1.1.5.2] Dreeg's Acid Fisting - Venomblade Dervish - Caster/Melee Hybrid High Dmg Setups (c+) (sr+)

Damn mercy, never got Rusty I see. Welcome back!!!
PS: don’t forget about my build also… [emoji14]

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

You’re late. Check op. :wink:

Updated with a proper 1.1.2.4 no-green setup.

Thanks for mentioning, I’m going to update my setup as well;)

I think you could get this time now with the new no-green setup, no MI. With adcth from Revenant and Yugol you can fly safe with even less defense.

Also, I’ll be putting together an updated supergreened version tomorrow. Hope you could try it out. Pretty sure it will be better than the previous one. So… maybe the first build in FG to go sub 5?

ya1, how do you think this build still holds up? Also any thoughts on changes that would make this even flashier poison fx wise?

Green version is stronger than ever. I did 4:50, John_Smith did 4:44.

Loss of mods to Fervor is sad but not gamechanging. The no-green version lost 18 aether res from Spellbreaker belt and this kinda killed this setup. Blade Breaker Sash is the replacement but low aether res gotta be fixed somehow.

I haven’t figured out a viable way to use Treacherous Means belt and Mediation relic - the deadliest combo for acid now - on a no-green setup.

is revenant better for Resist reduction than manticore acid spray now?

It’s not technically better but generally more convenient for builds that go up to 8 points in red anyway.

EDIT: I’d say Acid Spray is better as a proc for Dervish, but because revenant gives ADCtH and attack speed it’s the current top dog for autoattack builds.

Revenant is better. Both nodes and proc. Manticore nodes give some dmg boost but it’s nothing compared to adcth, speed and racial from Rev. Manticore’s rr is bigger but it needs a good proccing skill. Revenant can be bound to any skill and still be consistent as rr source.

Did this build get hit as hard as Dmt’s dervish ? Would you change something after the last patch ?

It’s not really the build that got hit. Both nightblade and oathkeeper got nerfed and environment got buffed a lot. Venomblade lost quite a bit of damage and was nerfed all round, too. Mine more so than Dmt’s because mine was focused on max damage.

I haven’t updated mine since the ridiculous change to Spellbreaker belt that wasn’t even reverted even though Pack of Treacherous Means was revived. I guess I would do it like this now: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EbrPbV.

But no-green Venomblade isn’t all that great now. Good Zantarin shoulders would really help.

Updated and bumping thread to your unread tab! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

But it was already unred, acid is clearly green

The green plague is alive.

You hate green plagues, but you use both amulets’ skill, you use Guardians’ eyes and even your avatar have green background color. So you’re the green man! :stuck_out_tongue:

Updated for 1.1.5.2

1 Like

I’ve been leveling an acid/poison dervish and am approaching lvl 94 … so end build is right around the corner. I’ve toyed with both DW and EoR, and currently am running a DW (non-mythical) venomblade EoR hybrid that greatly needs a few tweaks which will come soon enough as I level into better gear.

How does this build compare to other recent (1.1.5.2) acid/poison dervishes with respect to damage output and survival ability? I don’t do Crucible, and instead have tinkered a bit in SR (but not to any great level height). Any insight if you have experience with more than just this one version would be appreciated.

I wouldn’t bet my life on it but I think this it the fastest no-green acid build. Survivability is ok. I did SR77. The concept isn’t tanky but it’s about how you put it together. This last update of mine, I think it’s pretty balanced.

1 Like

Random question: I’m working towards this build as an upgrade to a certain other Acid Dervish build of ill repute from outside the forums. Is using the full abomination tree really a good idea? Chaos damage and Physical conversion to Chaos on the Chaos half of the tree seems like a bad idea compared to, say, getting the last node of Yugol. Is it really worthwhile?

You can never say with 100% certainty that changes like these have positive effect. But I did test it in Crucible and the dummy and ran the numbers. ~73 flat acid from Abominable might with about 80% uptime is better than 100% acid +3% spirit from Yugol and 5% crit from Torch. That is because almost every source of dmg on this build is packed with weapon damage for that flat. Also, Venomtongue Mantle taken for that end also helps with Eye of the Guardian proc.

50% phys to chaos doesn’t matter because maximum phys to acid we can get outside Fervor is 48%. And Fervor’s 100% phys to acid overrides global conversions.

However, you can stray from this exact build in whichever way you want. I would probably go for 6th Yugol, change Eel to Sailor and choose other shoulders - Dreeg set shoulders, Raddagan or Zantarin green shoulders. The main issue with this build is lack of cc res.

Thanks. At the moment I’m probably going to go with crafting CC resistance on items as my way of mitigating the CC weakness, although at this point the final items for this build are mostly aspirational for me (still don’t have mythic vileblade set, so at the moment I’m using found gear).

Is Mythic Alchemist’s Mantle worth consideration in the final build for the Righteous Fervor bonus? It seems to give decent DPS and defenses so far.

Also: any updates/possible considerations for 1.1.6? Patch notes didn’t seem to affect it much, but I’d like to be sure.