[1.1.1.2] Physical/Bleed Pet Conjurer (15:30 Callagadra)

So yeah, I’m mostly done with the build, last bump before the next major patch comes – unless I make a mod to disable the log arena, lol.

I peaked at SR59 and had to leave because Kaisan wasn’t managable in log arena (my pets literally almost instantly melted the moment it started). Log arena is tilting me way too much, so I’m just gonna relax for now. It was even managable if I got him in fleshworks, too, which made me a bit upset, because every other boss that spawned with him was easy…

It’s hard to say which I like better between the Salt/Silver and the original setup. The 8 phys res loss hasn’t made any noticeable impact yet, though, and I suspect the higher DA should be better in the long run.

I actually decided to revisit the oleron version and see if I can make it more tanky with the conduit. Turns out I can not only do that – I can actually make the build have more healing, especially thanks to the buffed Dryad.

Oleron Revisited: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrP37j2

Considering the fact that Dryad is 33% chance on attack with a low cooldown, it might even be more reliable than Giant’s Blood is. This really looks like it has a lot of potential compared to the original in terms of defensives.

EDIT: Gonna take back what I said about bysmiel’s pet underperforming, I’m just remembering things wrong after going through some videos.

Gonna try to get the title on this changed by a mod at some point to remove the version number and the callagadra kill part. Trying to keep this up to date now, and this build has managed to do way more than I ever expected it would be able to.

On that note… My suffering is finally over, fuck you log arena, HC SR 60+ FINALLY. God, that was awful.

Of course the first run I did after hitting SR60, I managed SR 65, but my excitement + nerves being so high after finally managing to make it through the hell that was the log arena made me stop for the night. Almost died twice to really bad mistakes, had to crystal once. The other time I totally didn’t stand in lava for a long period of time not realizing I was standing in lava. Nah, I’m totally not that bad. Okay, maybe.

Yellow pylon for CC res is still as important as ever. I really wish I could find a way to not need it so badly to deal with certain bosses. Mostly the trap, slow, and stun resistance. I suppose I could work in a seal of resonance, but eh, that’s not really the amount I’m looking for.

The green pylon for resistances actually is incredible. Because this build has so much HP already on the pets, sacrificing HP for overcaps is super value. It makes the pets quite noticably tankier.

The Oleron/Dryad setup is really great. It actually doesn’t even need Shepherd’s Crook! I straight up dropped it in favour of wolverine for higher defensives, allowing me to even hit 3k DA if I wish. Even with that, it still does amazing damage - more than the giant’s blood falcon swoop version even. I suppose it helps that I had Shepherd’s Crook on devouring swarm so it wasn’t that consistent of a proc – but the other devotions were way more important to proc consistently.

Maxed dryad without any other boost to my HP (via consumables/buffs) heals me for 2.3k whenever it procs, and has a 2.4 second cooldown. Between that and my familiar having points in mend flesh, this oleron variant has way better sustain in comparison to the original.

Changing to Shepherd’s Crook is pretty straight forward, but it requires a DA augment + ateph’s will, and I think that’s ultimately why dropping it wasn’t that bad as you can use 2 Mogdrogen’s blessings without it. That, and oleron is powerful enough on it’s own.

So I guess the next thing to do is to try to hit SR70+ on HC. If I can make it to 75, I’m hella happy.

EDIT: Done. SR 75 on HC achieved. https://i.imgur.com/wFVi5UK.jpg

I replaced the weapon component with Seal of Resonance + the aether res augment with Traveller’s Boon just to get some form of trap resistance while not having the yellow pylon. I also put a few points into Second Rite for vit res to keep the overcap there, and just chugged aether/chaos res potions nonstop unless I had the green pylon. It helps a bit, at least, but I really don’t like it. Usually I just feel like I have to leave immediately if I get bennjahr + something else on me at the same time even with that, but it made things at least slightly more comfortable.

If I can get the title changed to “Physical/Bleeding Beastcaller’s Pet Conjurer” that’d be great.

congratulations! uber you are awesome.

and please sent updated GT link :D.

I changed specificially for SR and using consumables for overcaps for HC safety. Wouldn’t recommend doing this all the time. Also has way more DA than you would ever need for SC because 70 DA augments are nice.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2dllJ82

So I realize this is a pretty advanced build but I think it looks very interesting. That being said, you sort of go straight into end game with the build and don’t give much specifics on how you got there, leveling-wise. Do you have a recommended way of leveling this sort of character? I am somewhat new to the game ~100 hours and this is my second character so that might give you some ideas. Also Im leveling with Lokkars set and some exp potions but the rest i am doing alone. I was able to get to act 3 at lvl 23 but shit is starting to fuck my shit up lol.

Any tips on leveling this guy?

Thanks!

What I did now was maxing Briar + Ground Slam, linking that to Falcon Swoop. I then actually worked on getting familiar so I can have 12/12 storm spirit, as well as blood of dreeg for healing (1 point hellhound + ember claw as well). Don’t forget to bind Curse of Frailty to Shepherd’s Crook.

I can’t remember entirely what else other than aspect of the guardian should be 12/12 or 10/12 at least. It’s a very slow process to level this as pets from my experience, though.

That said, make sure you buy Wrath of the Beast Tinctures from Rovers in act 2. Drinking those for bosses makes the leveling a lot easier. Also, Bolvar in Blood Grove is not fun, nor is Loghorrean. Loghorrean is actually a nightmare and I’d consider maxing Familiar just because of getting past him being a pain.

I appreciate the response. Honestly didn’t think you’d respond as no one had commented since late May.

Anyways, ya I was finding it difficult to level the player after act 3 really. I kept on dying a lot and keeping the pets alive was a struggle. I was wondering if I should’ve just leveled the shaman tree first then built in the Occulist bit after I’ve gained a few levels and got a few skill points to my name.

That being said, what about attribute points? I mean, from the looks of it, it goes Physique, spirit, cunning. Is that usually the case for most builds because I’ve noticed that trend. Plus, it appears that as you level, both spirit and cunning get leveled quite a bit via gear and scaling.

Anyways, I appreciate the response and if you could give me some insight on where to place most of my attributes, that would be great. That being said, I guess I will max Briarthorn and ground slam/ the shaman tree first and then go for the occulist bit later on. Is that a good idea?

Thanks!

Physique is generally the majority of your points, spirit/cunning to wear everything else. You get like 3 respec potions during campaign, so that can help a bit (if you have all the expansions)

Thats certainly not a bad idea. Blood of Dreeg getting maxed will help too, same with 12/12 storm spirit from Familiar. And of course, 10/12 Aspect of the Guardian if possible (12/12 being better)

I may not respond much in the coming days cause I’m gonna be busy with other stuff, but I’ll try to whenever I can.