[1.1.2.0] Rahahahaaa! - Chaos DW Witch Hunter (g3) (c+) (vid) (re-post)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV18q4n2

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aPd9DN

This Rah’Zin thread was rolled back so I’m posting it again. This time armed with the knowledge of the nerfs Crate is about to commit in 1.1.2.0 and adjusting accordingly. EDIT: The update arrived and, surprisingly, brought about some serious buffs to this build. All content not marked as edited refers to the previous version of the build. But first, credits go to Superfluff. The new setups below are heavily inspired by his advice.

GT no green - Default Rah’Zin (Aeon+Korvak setup) and Crucible 6:43 vid

GT no green - Abominable Rah’Zin (Abomination setup) and Crucible 6:49 vid (NOTE: this setup’s results are pure rng, I’ve seen it kill Alex in 1.5s (no exaggeration) and I’ve seen it struggle with chaos resistant human healers in 163 - like in this video - take 10-15s off if they don’t spawn)

For reference old vid from before the hotfix buffs: VID Crucible 4b/vb 8:24 (in the vid I use Fiend but it should be Bat)

GT gdstasher setup

INTRODUCTION:

[i]Rah’Zin had a difficult childhood. Everyone knew he couldn’t hack it in the School for Nightblades. While the other children like Venomblade and Deathmarked were nailing it on all the hardest exams, he was still struggling with the basics. He was shunned, laughed at and regularly beaten up by Belgo and Korba, the two school bullies. “Why do they hate me so?” he would cry in the toilet. “All I ever wanted is to be like them!”

Poor Rah just wasn’t good enough. While the other nightblades went smooth on their autoattacks, he had to piano 5 active skills and still couldn’t dmg for shit. They laughed at him for stacking 220% pierce to chaos conversion on Whirling Death as if he didn’t know that 100% is enough. “It’s not my fault that my parents gave me this poor-ass outfit with no oa, no da, no nothing!” he angered as his Touch of Chaos autoattack merely touched his enemies, and his energy depleted momentarily because of no regen. He had no rr. His resistances were hardly overcapped. His abysmal da had to be
fixed by force-stacking oa shred. The list of his shortcomings was very long.

EDIT: It didn’t come as a surprise that Rah’Zin grew up an abomination. Trying to make up for the indignities of the past, he turned to the chaotic powers of buff. He became stronger and much more unpredictable. “Rahahahaaa!” he cries as he saps Abominable Might from his next victim…

[/i]

PROPER INTRODUCTION

For those who missed the original thread and the discussion and still don’t get the gist of my little narrative, Rah’Zin is a low-tier dw build for players who like to be challenged. But it works. Sustain is quite good, weapon damage is great. It just - pound for pound - doesn’t compare to all the other full-set dw nightblades.

This setup is for Crucible with 4 blessings and vanguard banner. For main game you gotta get Arcane Spark and shuffle some skill points and augments like this.

EDIT: RAh’Zin set was very nicely buffed. The new Revenant is a blessing. It deals okay dmg and has less problems with rr. Some problems like very low da (offset by stacking monster oa shred especially on the Korvaak setup) and energy regen remain but it’s a solid mid-tier now.

ALT GEARING

Combo of Voidrend Talons gloves and Ravager helmet is possible but inferior to 2pc Harbinger (tested). Green setup is faster but not by what you would expect from 3 double rares. I’d really like to see some more experienced builders take a shot at this.

Relic is for oa. Serenity would be good here (like everywhere) but oa… Medal is weak af but that flat rr is necessary. Build can’t afford Manticore anymore due to DG nerf that forces Aeon on most chaos/vit builds without much cdr.

EDIT: For the Abomination setup I made an unorthodox choice of Belgo relic. Taking Abomination, DG, Revenant and Aeon is not possible and better uptime of DG and Abominable Might is imo the best deal. Belgo also gives very useful skill bonuses and does have some flat to boast.

FEEDBACK (I will maybe post this in feedback thread, skip if not interested):

• Mod to Whirling Death is just sad compared to what other dw sets offer as set completion. More weapon damage bonus, please. Also, the pierce conversion mod to WD is redundant for 90% viable Rah’Zin setups.

• Mod that modifies NHH for chaos would be a great idea here, imo.

• Touch of Chaos is cool but %reduced rr for is often of little use to chaos. Flat rr instead would be REALLY GREAT here. EDIT: Fixed by Revenant.

• Only phys dmg reduction seems very stingy here. And misplaced as the build is capable of stacking phys res pretty high. EDIT: Fixed.

• Set needs 6-10% crit dmg

• Set desperately needs da

• 5-7% more rr would be good on the CoF mod. EDIT: Fixed beyond expectations.

• The chaos res on the shoulders should be removed and the aether res doubled. EDIT: Not fixed but an addition of pierce res is very good.

• Set should be reworked to support inquisitor instead of soldier

• Chaos needs buffs everywhere: crit dmg, more %dmg and a res on this relic. Da on the other chaos relic (Eldritch Pact). Buff to Solael’s Witchblade devotion. Reverting DG nerf. Etc.

EDIT: Much has been improved in the update. The only screaming shortcoming is energy regen.

1 Like

i was searching for this today, cool one man wp!

wrote 2-3times on patch thread today, i guess fluff checking again and hope we can get some buffs coming for next patch. not high hopes on abominable might but lets see

Thx!

I was looking at Abominable Might, and it brings wd to crazy levels, but Aeon+Korvak is better imo. Maybe if the set is fixed to offer better core stats…

Aeon is obvious for both the stats and cdr. You don’t see that in gt but Korvak is also huge. 130 effective oa/da and not half-bad output for wd.

I’ve been interested in Rah’Zin but never got around to actually trying it. Sad to hear it is behind to that extent under buff/banner.

Nice build though. Just one thing I noticed. Isn’t Eldritch fire on CoF as not great for single target like nightfall is?

10 sacred strikes out of 10. God damn it, I can’t stop laughing at that title.

Of course, I have a much better Rah’Zin that does Crucible in 5 minutes but I won’t show it!

Very cool Gdstasher setup, btw, haven’t even thought of combining that scepter with this build.

we discussed about abominable might being ‘on kill’ effect makes it meh for many builds, since last i watched devs stream they clearly said that 'we are changing bloodrager set on kill effect cause it doesnt help vs boss fights so we move proc on helm slot and with on attack version…

by this logic, i dont get how abominable might stays this way since 1class system, i hope we get some cool changes sooner or later. actually any buffs on chaos side of things will make me happy.

here is something i decide to test when i have time, s&b chaos gtools
i hope it wont turn into a waste of time :smiley: any feedback on this gtools would be cool aswell

It is. But I was stingy on 1 point in NJE and Nightfall to make SS proc it. Also, not enough +1 to nightblade to make SS the proccer cheaply.

It’s better than Pox, though, as CoF affects the whole mob instantly so the chance that is procs on someone quick and starts spreading soon is higher.

Maybe should’ve bound it to RoS…

Thanks a lot. Frankly, this green setup only looks good on paper… I tested it and somehow it doesn’t matter how much tooltip wd you got… All this wd gets lost in rahahahahhahaaa…

Lol at the introduction too, just read it.

Rat’Zin doesn’t seems that strong.Even with BiS items and good pilot looks slow.And is too complicated for melee,have to cast stuff constantly.

Why did you label this thread 1.1.2.0? You haven’t tested this in 1.1.2.0, it’s not out yet. Why include a patch number at all if it’s just speculation?

I did take the changelog into consideration. And since I can change the content and not the title… Probably should’ve written “1.1.1.2/1.1.2.0” though.

Abominable Might = no Aeon+Korvaak. And instead the classic dw philosophy of “kill them before they kill you” it might be more like “they kill you before you’re halfway done with your piano debuffs let alone using all that weapon damage”

Interesting setup. I’d go for Aeon at all costs. DG is getting 4s uptime meganerf.

The only worthwhile Rah’zin combo I’ve found is comboing it with Harbinger on a Deceiver: you get some chaos RR from Inquisitor and a big double doombolt that can insta-kill some bosses. It fits in Aeon too, since doombolt is your main focus instead of autoattacking.

With witch hunter/blade though, the lack of any non-gear/devo RR source really hurts when some nemeses have 94% chaos resist. That amulet skill mod really could use some more RR to suit its intended purpose. Maybe even add some global flat chaos damage to PB or a soldier passive instead of the current conversion.

No, you should not have written 1.1.1.2/1.1.2.0. The changelog is a preview, not necessarily the final changelog. If you’re speculatively targeting future unreleased patches, you should probably post it here.

I vehemently disagree with the idea that set should be reworked to support Inquisitor instead of Soldier. Soldier has a great chaos weapon - Servitor’s Corruptor, and a chaos melee set definitely fits Witchblades.

As previous posters said, some buffs would be nice, primarily DA, flat chaos damage and some more chaos rr on Curse of Fraility mod (why not 25%, say?)

In all fairness, and in ya’s defence, I was the dummy to do it first. :eek:

Haha, I know. I held my tongue for the first couple threads but once it became a trend I got annoyed enough to speak up. Nothing against _ya at all.

I would selfishly love to see inquistor support to buff deceiver ob juggernaut build I have in flight <.<

I’ve got an ob. jug. deceiver in the works - but the OG one is the one done by valinov

Valinov has a Obsidian Jugg Deceiver? Never saw that. Made one in AoM and it’s been buffed substantially but was always missing that bit of cast speed which caused some really awkward gearing choices. Next patch should be the last thing it needs I think. I hope.

I have a new one planned for a while (I reset to start from nothing in HC), just been too busy with stuff to level and revisit it in game, so not sure how it performs now. Dying God change shouldn’t actually be a concern for it either. Really the most annoying thing I’ve had setting it back up is the RR (which has way more options next patch – I was using Black Star of Deceit which I really kinda dislike, though it hits kinda hard) and balancing OA/DA (which has a lot of options in debuffs like korvaak + bloody pox, but at some point you might just be casting too many debuffs)