[1.1.2.3-1.1.9.3*] Beginner's/budget dual pistols pierce Tactician

nice! trying it out on HC :slight_smile:

Not sure about HC, but Tactician is sturdy class! You have Inquisitor on top of Soldier-jack of all trades class.

Hey Nery few posts ago someone said ā€œSo pistols and belt are bad nowā€ . does that mean they have been nerfed since You made the build and are not viable anymore ? im still ā€œSunday player in GDā€ but yeah HC for life :slight_smile:

About this. How am I supose to remove yellow and red? The game wont met me :thinking:

With spirit guide, first one is in Devilā€™s crossing, next in Coven. Removing affinity points is same as removing devotions, costs some crystals and iron.

Ah ofc. Why didnt i think of the spirit guide :rofl:
Tyvm @Nery :hugs:

1 Like

Hi !
First, thanks for that build @Nery , itā€™s really helpful, for the first time i have the impression that my char is not an ambulant crap :smiley: and i really enjoy the gunslingerā€™s vibe that build gives.

Second, sorry if i dig up that post, but idk where to ask my questions if here.

And here are my questions !

I just noticed that some of the constellation give a skill, or something skill-like who gain experience when bound to a skill, like the Assassinā€™s Mark or Ulzaad, and maybe others in the future, iā€™m not that far.

So i would like wich constellation should be bound to wich skill ?

And also, here is an updated version of this build with the 1.1.8.0 ?

And finally, maybe some tips / ideas/link for a not-so-budget final build ?

:wink:

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum!

• Build is outdated, I am yet to update it.

• About devotions, rule of thumb is to bind your main offensive skill to the -RR devotion. In this case always bind Cadence to Assassinsā€™ mark. Passive skills should be attached to permanent auras like Field Command and not to Menhir Will. Ulzaad should go to a skill with high activation chance.

• About end game, havenā€™t seen recently a ranged Tactician, but 1.1.8.0 should improve that, so stay tuned.

Thanks for the fast reply !

For the devotions, i just found out right now how to see where to put it, there is a tiiiiiiny icon on the skill when the skill windows is open in the grimtools, so now i know !

Iā€™ll stay tunedā€¦ and you too, maybe iā€™ll be that ranged Tactician one day ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My 50 cents :

OK so i saw someone in the comments who was confused with the Harp and the Harpyā€¦
And the answer is : both are used !

I tried to do the

yellow>Assassinā€™s blade>remove yellow>Panther>Sailorā€™s guide>Harpy>Ulzaad>red>Ghoul>remove red>Hawk>Hydra>remove hawk>Assasin>purple>Azraaka>one point in empty throne

But when i arrived to Azraaka, one yellow point was missing. So i added it before continuingā€¦ but, when i checked the skills, i saw there is the Inspiration from the Harp who is linked on the Field Command.

So i guess the Harp should be done - idk when exactly for a smooth progression - but certainly before Azraaka.

Yes, the Devotion path is missing Bardā€™s Harp in the OP.

1 Like

I didnā€™t notice it, even when was mentioned, oops.

I will try updating the build, even if itā€™s not strong and reformat it, with new devotions path.

I am using this to level in a HC and a Coop game right now. I hadnā€™t looked at the thread to see what was not working anymore so thatā€™s kind of sad. 8ut hey, itā€™s still working as a leveling guide! My HC character is a8out level 50 now.

Hi nery, I tried to update grim tools for the basic build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eVL1llwZ hope it helps

edit: i forgot to change some stuff :slight_smile: now its better I think
one can use the blue shoulders you used too

Sharpshooter belt can be fun too with its flashbang proc for lowering monster DA

1 Like

Basic build Grimtools link: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1xP5Z

Hi Nery/Ulvar1, Iā€™ve tried to make some changes to the grimtools for the basic build to make it even more accessible. There is no armor augments, suffix for the leg/belt slot which should be used to fix the lower OA and cap the pierce/poison resist. I used the 2 uncommon prefixes to fix the resist in this build, but thereā€™s lot of possible variations that this can be done.

Skills-Changes: I have upped fighting form to 12/12, and moved the points from warcry to horn of gandarr to replace warcry for damage reduction (higher uptime, and damage, lower AOE). 1 point into both soldier WPS and also some into inquisitor WPS for 100% chance for WPS. From my understanding, for a gunslinger, when the WPS procs together with cadence, both guns fire (one gun doing cadence and the other doing WPS), resulting in 1 counter in the cadence counter. This results in cadence proccing effectively every other ā€œattackā€ so to speak.

Changes to equipment:
Helm: Fettan Mask for helm (literally just pick it off the floor)
Amulet: Nightstalker Pendant (the MI previously is fine as well since itā€™s not THAT hard to farm) from faction blueprint
Shoulder: Elite Solael Combatant Spaulders from faction merchant
Legs: Dreeg pants MI (for Stun resist to avoid stun affix farming + easier to farm)
Belt: Wendigo Warder Girdle (faction blueprint) or Ugdenbog Girdle (MI alternative)

Iā€™m currently building a Pierce-oathbearer tactician as wellā€¦ itā€™s not a cheap build but i guess iā€™ll just place it here since iā€™m currently still tuning it. Thereā€™s some similar pieces between the builds, and i think itā€™s probably piece-wise swapable whenever you get some of the more expensive pieces (like the rings, amulets/helm, etc).

Oathbearer tactician build GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZoQLWv2

5 Likes

very good!

Perhaps I add gunslinger tactician for my next ssf build poll :slight_smile:

So does this one still kinda suck as far as weapons go?
NO, not the build, but getting good guns while leveling is kinda hard, you get one faction, buuut that was about it.
Item Database kinda told the same story so is there a way around this?

you can shop / find random green gun with armor piercing and attack speed :slight_smile: Or just use a rifle, I think rifles are easier to level with.

Guide and budget build are updated for the new patch!

4 Likes

Thanks for the update, budget gunners are still rather rare and this Tactican is imho one of the budget character sheet damage monsters.

I always hoped that you update the build. I had crafted some possible target budget builds (e.g. Tactician, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator or with shield: Tactician, Level 100 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator) - but I never really started levelling the build idea because I still hoped that you update this one - now I can level such a build much more relaxed without keeping notes and thinking about writing a guide. :slight_smile:

1 Like