[1.1.2.4 - 1.1.4.2] AARMAGEDDON: Spellbinder

What was the changes to the fleshwarped tome and Outcasts secret that nerfed this build? The damage on the skill proc of the helmet and the lightning conversion? What was the lightning conversion before it being brought down to 30 percent?

Outcast Secret lost cooldown reduction to Devastation and dmg from the proc. Fleshwarped lost 20% conversion (it’s quite a lot). Dawnshard Pauldrons lost 5% dmg reduction (a LOT - 1/3 if its initial value).

Would you recommend decree of aldritch main hand weapon? I have both decree of aldritch and ascendants wrath… i somehow got stupid lucky and got decree of aldritch on first kill of aldritch.

Nope. Clairvoyant should be BiS. I haven’t tested Decree with Magelord rings and 2pc Clairvoyaint (chest and shoulders - head is still trash imo, and set bonuses hardly make up for the fact that Clair helmet is an item with negative stats). After the Fleshwarped Tome meganerf it might not be a bad idea to seek that conversion elsewhere.

Wrath is no good here. Did test that. Every little drop of flat to AAR is golden as it’s a channeling skill with many hits per second. Which is why Clairvoyant is still probably BiS. BTW I wish Wrath was good here because it takes forever to kill all those Janaxxias, Larrias and Alexes, and racial to humans would be really good on this build.

Do you think in current state of Binders AAR aether Spellbinder is better or worse than Agrivix ? I haven’t play lately and after nerfs ,but 0 CT builds posted in FG.

I tested Argivix right after the nerfs. It’s weak and got problems with sustain. Gotta tank up and lose more dmg and more sustain. Like going in circles. DED BLD.

The wild nerf to Anasteria didn’t help either.

Updated build for 1.1.4.1. Anasteria helmet R.I.P. But build is as strong as the original version.

It’s awfully sprightly for dead build :rofl:

But damn aether casters can always count on Devastation. And AAR is a nice filler.

The original setup from 1.1.2.4 is dead. This one is just as strong but only because of the arcanist buffs. Fleshwarped Tome still packs some punch - it turns out - but much less than before.

I think one of the best feature of the fleshwarped tome is its vitality conversion help you leech better from bat?
Also Interesting that in your setup, the WD mod from conduit will let you leech better than essence of grim dawn.

A side question, have you explored the reap spirit mod from this redesigned clairvoyant? Is it worth the trouble to max?

Flashwarped Tome still converts 23% lighting to aether when the mods zero out. Now that the total conversion on the Tome is only 30% it’s not a big loss to use full Clairvoyaint. And that set is so good.

Bat is so good on AAR, and Fleshwarped makes it real strong. I love it. And you don’t have to push global adcth too high. The only problem is in SR, when binding Widow to Aether Corruption (second best option after AAR), you can’t cast it from afar on far away mobs or ranged bosses. I even considered binding Widow to Devastation for SR.

Reap Spirit, I never tried, but 1) I’m not a big fan of single target nukes, 2) AAR won’t like interruptions so often (it should be about 1.8s cooldown on RS). Cabalist, maybe? Or non-AAR binder?

Any thoughts on that vit-> aether MI belt?

Im obssessed with it because pure Aether twinfangs lol, feel dirty when i still have vit damage in the mix.

Yeah, Chains of Ygraad, not worth it in any configuration I could find. Violent Decay is the binder belt.

First of all, there are no good affixes with acid res. There’s Incorruptible but you really want Tempest for oa or Dread Lord’s for adcth/aether damage. Needed stats don’t mix on the same affixes.

But above all you want fire to aether for Devastation. Better Bat is not worth giving up on that. Besides, what people overlook very often is that a secondary dmg type is not completely useless. Vitality damage is not zero damage. This toon has 1.4-1.5k% global vitality and 25+36=61 rr. It’s definitely not nothing.

Thats a real shame as we finally got some good MI thats not a pant, i wonder if i roll an aetherblaze proc on it would it make up the difference in devastation.

This belt could’ve been used on the ancient Clairvoyant nuker. It used Bone Harvest, and iirc had enough elemental to aether to lose Violent Decay. Or it hasn’t.

Maybe on some Theodin Marcell mace builds with Bone Harvest. Or aether Drain Essence that don’t wanna use full Uroboruuk.

Why use reckless power when the clairvoyant set converts the fiire and lightning of AAR into vitality and aether? wouldnt harbringer of souls be a better exclusive skill?

This is an old spec thats pretty much killed by the nerf on Anasteria helm. The new clairvoyant pure spirit does indeed have habringer instead for the lifesteal.

Here its easy access for devestation as well.

I don’t understand. Why would that make Reckless bad?

It would if you’re looking for more adcth at the cost of dmg.

I updated the build like 3 times since then.

I wouldn’t call Roman’s binder “The New Clairvoyant.” It’s surprisingly fast but lack of Aeon and way to Harbinger paved with points from Mirror make it extremely hard to play on those extreme suicidal setups.

Finally got some time for some grinding and updated with a new 3+1 4:37 run on a suicidal setup

2 Likes

Holy shit good job lad! \m/

EDIT Interesting thing though. How do you wear pants with 662 physique requirement having only 574 physique? :thinking: