[1.1.2.5] Advice needed for Belgothian's Blademaster

Hi,

i’d like some advice for my Belgothian’s Blademaster, i played around a lot the past few days and i have slightly different versions. I need some advice how to further min / max for endgame. I tried some super bosses but getting hit for 17k lightning damage … dead

Current Version i’m using:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jlP8qZ

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRoJQ4N

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2Gzv7GN

First Version without without Mythical Windshear Greavers:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo4vdGN

Thanks & Cheers,

exactly what superbosses were you trying to kill? if its cala then you need way way more armor. tbh your gear is pretty good. maybe roll some better green boots though? and use the new will of blade amulet instead its pretty uber.

Your devotions are a bit different from mine, i hate ulzaad with blademaster personally. It only has like a 45% uptime. still your setup look pretty good.

I find mythical final march boots are actually really great, get a pair with good slow resist, aether resist and 5-6% phyical resist so you can ditch green boots (just my opnion). the physique on the final march boots lets you take more points out of physique and dump them into cunning and the defensive ability is really nice too.

Craft some pretty great pants with armor bonus on them. if you get a good roll they are amazing. i think mine have like 135 cunning on them, 10% dodge and 3% armor bonus from angrim (4% with good roll).

Depending on the super boss you will have to change your devotions up a bit. if you want to kill calla you will need alot more armor, around 4500-5k imo and alot of life steal and some regen maybe. superfluff posted an alternative devotion layout which takes lizard and tree of life which is amazing for self healing.

The Ravanger is giving me a hard time and Mogdrogen hit me for 17k lighting damage. Haven’t tried the Mad Queen again (last time was ~15 versions before). Also that fat green nemesis guy is hunting me when i farm eldritch essences lol. But i managed to kill him a couple of times now.

I’ll see if i have some mythical final march boots, they seem to fit pretty nice. I was using the will off blade most of the time before but tried to get more defences with contuit of night whisper. Thanks on the gear, this is my fist char and i pretty much no lifed the past two weeks for most of my gear.

Lets see what i can do about the pants

you have done pretty well considering this is your first character.

Btw you need ALOT of armor to kill ravager on blademaster. honestly at a bear minimum 4k armor and you need to stand completely still when you kill him, if you move he starts casting way more shit.

The fat green guy is kaisan and he is an absolute pain for pierce blademasters due to his 102% pierce resistance, the fact that blademaster has no real flat absorb to mitigate some of the damage from his magical attacks and not being able to lifesteal of his crystals which is pretty absurd imo. Try not to stand in the ground aoe he casts and when he summons the crystals take at least 1 of them out.

Mogdrogen you need massive elemental resists, mainly lightning (~60% overcap) he debuffs you for an enormous amount. Tbh mog is alot harder for a blademaster than ravager at least from my experience. I still cant kill him solo yet i have soloed ravager and calla on ultimate.

Mad queen, pop a vilescar ointment (the one which gives life leech resist) and use a poison resist potion. Mad queen can also debuff your poison for a massive amount, i think she can debuff for up to -60% also.

The will of blade amulet has been buffed and its pretty OP now. But even better if you can get a cutthroat kaisans burning eye amulet. You dont really need any more than 12-13k hp on a blademaster unless if you are tackling high shards in shattered realm. Also you should softcap veil of shadow in your skill tree.

You need a lot more flat pierce damage & OA for moar ADCTH, Lethal Asault (need Nidala belt for Acid & Cold to Pierce conversion) & Deadly Momentum would be nice.

No need for more Blade Spirits (Night Whisper modifier) on AA build , OA and crit should be chosen like Peerless Eye of Beronath , Ultos gem for easier Mog fight

Max AQC instead of Belgo Shear , 12/12 MA should be enough, then max Anatomy of Murder

You need time to get familiar with Ghoul proc & Blade Barrier timing, Damage Reduction is a must for Celestial fight so pick Oleron Blood

Mogdrogen : 86-89% ( at least 70% over maximum) Lightning resistance, > 100k damage with at least 10% ADCTH , good timing on Circuit Breaker , you should be fine. If 150k-200k dam with > 15% ADCTH you can let Lightning res at 80-83% (still > 70% over maximum) but remember on Phase 2, you may wait for his mobs appear again then ADCTH them to surrvive

Ravager : need 80% Vitality res (at least 12% over maximum), minimum 3000-3200 armor (Machinist augment is great for Pierce build) , Golemborn boot is should be picked, OA should be around 3200-3500 , so Reaver Claw will help you

If you feel still hard , then pick Lifegiver ring and 12/12 Blade Barrier, more comfortable but killtime will be affected

ive tested dozens of different setups and I didnt notice any real improvement taking amastaras quick cut over belgo shears. it would be nice to have them all but then we would be over 100%wps and our wps will get diluted. Amastaras really isnt that amazing, dummy kill times were no better than having maxed belgo shears. But I noticed a big difference when i took markovians advantage to 22/12 especially when using 2x belgo slicers, the proc hits extremely hard and puts a brutal DA debuff on enemies.

You don’t really need ABB for pierce BM unless you are starved of OA which is unlikley, those points are best spent elsewhere.

With my setup I can kill a strawman in around 10 seconds. Beautiful damage, the thing i love about blademaster.

I think you are right about needed 70-80% overcap on lightning resist for Mog though, thats probably why i couldnt take him down yet could solo calla and ravager.

Thanks for the detailed answers! Valueble information here! I’ll try to incooperate this. Also good to know that i might need different setups for different bosses. Those reductions to resis are nuts.

Sadly i don’t have those lvl 82 boots sitting around, also not that specific Kaisan’s Burning Eye. I tried to craft some boots and got some nice ones but still not perfect for me (Slow or Aether is kinda hard to hit?). 15 Mio iron gone lol. Guess it’s time to farm more materials. :smiley:

ive tested dozens of different setups and I didnt notice any real improvement taking amastaras quick cut over belgo shears. it would be nice to have them all but then we would be over 100%wps and our wps will get diluted. Amastaras really isnt that amazing, dummy kill times were no better than having maxed belgo shears. But I noticed a big difference when i took markovians advantage to 22/12 especially when using 2x belgo slicers, the proc hits extremely hard and puts a brutal DA debuff on enemies

Yes, both great , but from 1.1.2.0 patch , Zantai said :

Animation of Belgo shear takes time to finish when AQC is nearly instant , after that I prefer AQC more

Side effect of having many Procs is latency, I prefer permanent OA & Cunning from Anatomy of Murder than 25% chance DA shred proc

No no, we need flat pierce converted from Acid/Cold from LA (via Nidala belt). Then combine with flat pierce converted from Deadly Momentum (take advantage of 100% armor piercing), when they both activated, we can reach 200K damage with ease, huge buff not only for Belgo Strikes , also other skills, even devotions …

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/1-0-2-0-belgothians-slaughter-100-cunning-0-spirit-dw-blademaster/40730

for what it’s worth it has somw answers for Crucible, SR and Callagadra (which can be easily adapted for a quick Ravager kill since is easier). Don’t care for Mog much :slight_smile:

Yh i’ve stumpeld across this guide but … OP green items are OP :smiley:

For now my reskill looks like this:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDzdPz2

New boots, sadly not good enough resis. :confused:

I dunno why but grim tools say i have 2% less phys resist than ingame. Its 33% phys resist and 3321 armor rating now.

With that lightning res, you just wanna play with Ravager ?

To Ravager : beside phys res & armor, Vitality res should be capped (at least 12% over maximum)

More Ravager mechanics : Ravager made easy (tactics & vids)

Dropped another Belgothian’s set item, worth rerolling in another slicer and use this instead of Redeemer of Malmouth? Also got a Mytical Reaver claw sitting around. Damn i need four hands for quad wielding.

First, keep your build enough fundamental defense, then min/ max whatever you want, then pick the build that gives the best killtime

Most tankiest thing i could do with tree of life devotion:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNY4394Z

Need better boots/pants maybe ring …

2.7k OA / 3.1k DA / 3.1k armour rating / 31% phys resis with everything up

yeah ive never really gotten into the deadly momentum thing with blademaster, its just more tedious and requires a big point investment imo, but yes it will make your dps higher if you dont mind juggling two different main attacks.

Plenty of pierce blademaster builds don’t take ABB, some of the best blademasters ive ever seen don’t take it. And what is Nidala belt? dont believe ive ever seen that item nor is it on grim tools. you’re gonna have to stack alot of conversion if you ABB to be effective at all. I prefer tinkerer ingenuity belt and tree devotion for amazing self healing, if healing rain procs at the same time as the belt proc if you hit 40% hp your self healing is just hilarious. 42% dodge, almost 3900 armor, all resists 30-50% overcapped and still melts stuff, and thats just my regular shattered realm build.

I prefer belgo shears because its a decent aoe cleave and it’s fairly quick, you need alot of point investment into amastaras to make it worthwhile and when you are tackling high shards those points can be best spent elsewhere.

Anyway dances will just experiment with all the different advices hes gotten ill wager and find what best suits him, theres more than one way to skin a cat.

Nidalla belt : https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/7984 (As you can see, conversion ratio is big)

Lethal Assault is same concept as Deadly Momentum, with conversion we have 2 wonderful flat pierce damage sources. Especially we can keep them 100% uptime (but we have to consider them as Auto-attack replacer like Belgo Strikes, so keep them hit all the time)

Yes, different scenarios require different tactics, Ravager & Mogdrogen require less defense than Calla & SR, and we both know that big single damage is integral for big single target like Celestial , and we still use both Belgo Shears & AQC , not a problem

Dont worry about AQC point investment since we have 2x Bladetwister Ring , then we even more Pierce RR like this : https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2E1Kz72 (setup for Ravager)

yeah your setup is vastly different from mine. but im still happy ive soloed shard 80 several times with my setup.

personally i like keeping things simple, i would rather be more focused on movement and the fights than juggling a dozen different abilties on my hotbar. but more complex setups can often perform even better with a good player (one who isnt an oldie like me) behind the wheel.