[1.1.3.0] Pyro 5:09. cruci 150 - 170 (Shieldbreaker) (c+) (sr+) (g3) (vid)

bat cocktail anyone? the vampire’s version of shrimp cocktail

1 Like

Maybe Molotov wants to drink human blood :vampire:

I don’t have problem to proc, i will try, but vire for me is an escape mobility.

Thx to John_Smith added video, 5:14.

Wow.

One question, why are you using Time Flux? I mean I know it’s for the spirit but it’s a ring that you don’t need anything from, not the res, not the skills, not even its main selling point - slow res (you got 75% overcap)

Also, investing in Big One without the Amplifier gun (the one with cdr) - when can get you Big One twice as often - is not that great imo.

Yeah, whilst fiddling around with different gear options for this build, finding the BiS ring options felt to be very difficult…
I actually really like 2x Ice & Fire rings, as they provide some much needed heals for this very glassy Shieldbreaker build (especially with the cold->fire conversion of both Warpfire and Pyran’s Vestments).
The Band of the Eternal Pyre seems pretty interesting too, as you can achieve 90%+ lightning->fire for a supermaxed Heavy Ordnance; toting two of those makes me feel very squishy though :confused:

For reference, my current setup(s) (heavily inspired by SirSpanksalots Blightlord SB build - kudos to that crazy pyromaniac):

Crucible spec
SR spec (still a lot more efficient in Crucible because Mortars but hey)

U got it, i didnt notice that. I changed the ring for Ice & Fire. I tried the gun with 6 mortar, but it was a fail for me. IMO is still with better piloting and for fun viable.

For rings, u can chose the 2 ruby rings for the spiral, or Ice & Fire ring, i changed the ring, so it dmg and heal too. I lose too much resist if chose the ruby set.

Don’t forget if u use 2 Ice & Fire ring u won’t get the 2 proc, rather the chance will be higher.

Oof, I can hear the nerf hammer coming. What a cannon!

I would recommend siphoning some points from Clarity of Purpose to overcaps such as Divine Mandate, Celestial Presence, Presence of Virtue, Blast Shield, Agonizing Flames. You have so much OA and DA shred that it really doesn’t scales that well at this point. But stuff like Divine Mandate/Celestial Presence/Agonizing Flames and (maybe, dunno how it scales here) Heavy Ordance is real damage.

Noooo! I am faraid that too. Frankly for shieldbreakers there are ulzuin and this set and thatt’s all. Dunno virtue, that is another question.

After soft capping doesn’t really count. And i use ascension defensivly, so i need that high OA for some mobs, Heavy Ordance it just for the higher chance for stun.

Vindictive flame at 25 + the 40hp regen and 100% hp regen give us bunch so that can be defensive wich helps a lot.

It really does count. You probably have around ~3500 OA with Vanguard banner before Ascension. Add Flashbang DA shred and Seal of Annihilation DA shred and your effective OA is around ~3800 before Ascension. Honestly, from my experience after 3500 OA doesn’t scale that well. So wasting 1 point for 1% OA seems suboptimal. Divine Mandate scales crazy good, 3-4% of crit damage per skill point. That’s huge with your OA. You could also squeeze out ~8-9 more RR which always scales well, especially when you apply Viper rr from Vire and Blazing Eruption.

Also, 12-12 Temper just for DA seems rather suboptimal as well. :stuck_out_tongue:

They scaled very well, what i said ascension for defense cause for dmg absorvation. So i don’t waste any time. Second i like as more tanky than a crazy dmg dealer.

Are you sure about that? I thought I heard Mr. Z say something different on a dev stream one day (might be wrong though). Either way, there seem to be a lot more of those Ice&Fire-projectiles floating around with 2 of them on so doubling up should increase my survivability, right?

@mad_lee, regarding possible nerfs: true, this build might use a little toning down in the damage department; however, this build (and Shieldbreaker stuff in general) is such squishy glass cannon-y mess that a nerf to their dmg might just ruin their survivability :confused: maybe if Crate finally fixes Demo to have decent options for defense? :stuck_out_tongue:

I totally agree with you on your arguments regarding skill point allocation, though; more RR & Crit damage definitely seem to improve Crucible clearing speed (unfortunately, my video recording software is currently broken, so I can’t argue with exact numbers at the moment).

Heavy Ordnance feels kind of weird, tbh.; as I mentioned above, you should on paper be able to reach like 96% lightning>fire with 2x eternal pyre rings, but I couldn’t feel a huge difference between softcapped & overcapped HO during testing (should in theory be ~150 additional fire damage). Spanks runs such a setup on his BiS’d Blightlord SB, though, so maybe I’m just an insensitive fool that should fix his video recording software and follow some actual numbers again :sweat_smile:

Just watch the video,hail to John for that time.Build looks so fun and who to really know,that Mortar is so powerful as skill!

Mate, Ascension should be overcapped (you have it at 12-12). I was talking about Clarity of Purpose, nod of Ascension.

Just try overcapping Divine Mandate, Celestial Presence and Agonizing Flames. If anything, you should take points out of Thermite Mines and put it into Celestial Presence, because it’s an instant passive RR.

Checked only on RR% every others just work independently. It can work.

I have only 22 cold and 68 lightning. IMO not worthy.

May be, i will try. Still the time won’t change too much.

Yeah, you are obviously completely right.

But - unfortunately - you walked straight into the min-maxer’s den of madness the minute you posted such a crazy efficient bordering-on-broken build :joy:

So I’m afraid we are now going to shave every last hair on that pyromaniac body of yours - just for aerodynamics sake, of course. I swear, this is no fetish.

:sweat_smile:

I mean John made 5:15 out of this non min-maxed spec and it wasn’t his best possible run, I think with proper min-maxing sub-5 minute time is more than possible. And we have very little time before the inevitable nerf hammer.

Also, good metaphor with body hair, rofl.

But if you shave the body,what will keep Demo warm in the cold and cruel winter,when the fire show will be nerfed? :sweat:

But on this build is inevitable to avoid that sort of comments,cause this set is so good offensively and is new on top of that.

@mad_lee

Just for u, i changed the skills. :smiley:

1 Like

the set is super. but how do u think about taking arcanist with OFF - 100% fire RR at lvl 12. And we have devastion too. throw fire everywhere…