[1.1.5.2] Rachel Jordan | Ranged Paladin | Stronghold Fervor | Dungeons | SR 85

I :heart_decoration: G&B and there are different builds in my collection

1 Like

Hey I have just over 45h in the game so I still have many things to figure out. One thing is priority in unlocking skills during the leveling process. What skills should be maxed first to have a smooth experience?
Thanks for the build and the videos.

Hi

I’ve forgotten how to leveling from the 1st without Lokarr’s Spoils and Potion of Clarity
But if you have this items and potions you choose OK and Aegis of Menhir skill. In Devotions you 1st take Bat and other like in final build

Than you go to OK’s Summon Guardian of Empyrion slill, take it by 1 point and that take Celestials Preset for max and a little bit DIvine Mandate

After than you choose 2nd mastery Inquisitor and go to Aura of Cencure also skip DIvine Mandate. If it will be difficult to play before Aura of Censure choose Inquisitoi Seal

Under effect of Potion of Clarity you maybe at the middle of Epic difficult approximately ~90 LVL

A little bit more time and you get 94 LVL
Now you can “dress up” for the final build items :star_struck:

1 Like

45h into the game means this is probably his first char and thus lack all of the items you used in the build :stuck_out_tongue:

@Diddite this build requires that you have the majority of those items used. For an easy to make paladin which is easy to level up and starting farming with I suggest that you look for my fire paladin guide here ☄ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds

2 Likes

At 45 hours my 1st char was on Ultimate at Malamouth
Where we can by Potion of Clarity

1 Like

yup but you did not have full Justice and Stronghold set then :stuck_out_tongue:

The question was What skills should be maxed first to have a smooth experience? :innocent:

My answer was to use Potion of Clarity for fast leveling and what skills choose first

1 Like

And leveling smooth you don’t do with RF one handed ranged :stuck_out_tongue: kills stuff too slow with basic items.

Did you read what I’m writte?
But if you have this items and potions you choose OK and Aegis of Menhir skill
What one handed ranged do you talking about?

Hi,

Thank you very much for your detailed answers guys. I’m gonna get this items and get on your build once I get them. I love the concept OH ranged and Shield.

1 Like

I’m in love with 1H Ranged + Shield

Did you see my Vindicator?

1 Like

Thank you showing me I’m gonna take a look :wink:

1 Like

For those not aware - OP (omnitrio) has posted a similar build, but with a Purifier.

As someone who had recently fallen in love with this gear setup, I have taken some time to compare the two to the best of my abilities. Please keep in mind that I am fairly new to this build (and Grim Dawn in general).

With that, these are my findings:

While comparable in damage, Purifier leads by a bit. I think it’s because the AoE effect of Explosive Strike and Brimstone works really well in dealing with crowds. Paladin may give offensive buffs comparable to the Purifier, but it doesn’t have the equivalent of the aforementioned skills.

In terms of survivability, however, Paladin leads by a very good margin. It has a lot more defensive buffs gained from skills (Consecration, Haven, Clarity of Purpose, etc.) Which gives things like %armor, %shield block chance and damage, stun/freeze duration reduction, and more. Also, Vire’s Might is an additional repositioning skill if your faction augment is on cooldown. Compared to that, Purifier has a bit of DA from Temper, and while Blast Shield is very potent, it also has a fairly short active time (4 sec) and a fairly long downtime (12 sec & the skill only enters cooldown after active time has ended).

In closing, when using this gear & devotion setup, I like the Paladin more because of a more solid defense. Fortunately for my Purifier, I’ve got the Dagallon’s Set farmed.

2 Likes

Build Update 1.1.5.2

1 Like

2 questions. is this your favorite iteration of the paladin? its so unique!
Also… what cosmetic setup is that? its amazing

Hey omni, is it worth using 1 jaxxon ring in one slot? I am doing contragor retal acid paladin but it is quite squishy sometimes.

Illusions

I don’t test it, 'cos Jax haven’t got my type of dmg
And difficult to say what impact will it have by WPS

In order for a build to be published in the compendium, illusion guide is mandatory! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks awesome, is it still viable in 1.1.8?