[1.1.4.1] Indra – Cyclone Shieldbreaker, God of Thunder. Crucible 5:40. [c+] [sr+] [vid] [g3]

I will start theorycrafting on sorc when I get home from work. Shieldbreakers can fuck off. I hope spam bwc will still work great with it.

Should be good. I’ve tried infernal knight spam BWC purifier with 26/16 mines and 2x herald of blazing ends. The damage of BWC is quite insane. It needs a bit more oomph on single target damage though and with this thermite mines revamped, I think it can do just that…

EoR is converted by gloves. Additional passive elemental RR might be huge, especially with some skills having half fire/half lightning damage.

is there a guide of how to level i am new btw thanks

Okay, sorry for the long wait for my answers – had to get some sleep first. I just felt like I couldn’t get any proper rest if I don’t post this first yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

Dropping Flashbang is probably a great idea – this build already has way to many active skills for a proper EoR build :slight_smile:

About Canister I’m not as sure (I tested specs like this first, before I saw your Electrician sorc) and it only did cruciblie in ~7mins :confused: maxed Hellfire Mine is terrible though, so that might have been part of the problem

Thank you! As you can see in my above GT, I actually tried Empyrion’s Mercy before (but without Canister). And I’ll definitely try some of the more EoR-focused versions of yours and x1s with Canister now; however, Stormheart also converts the majority of our Fiend proc dmg, which pushed this build’s cleartime down like 40 seconds from ~6:20 to ~5:30, which is huge.

:cry: but I like Shieldbreakers…
I kinda wanna try one with IK now though :smiley:

I have a leveling and beginner guide for Shielbreaker

It does use other skills for damage though.

Should be easy to make a 2-handed spin2win shieldbreaker with some faction rings and the faction weapon Blazerush: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p8M6y2

1 Like

Sorry, @lan3rd, this is a fairly end-game-focused build post, so I haven’t planned any big sections on levelling yet :confused: I can share some of my own experience of levelling this char, though (which seemed to have worked out ok).

Click me
  • the first few levels I did with Vire’s Might, a little like malawiglenn’s build; however, after I had enough skill points to rush a fully maxed Eye of Reckoning, I actually moved all points to that (because I thought it was a cool skill and I wanted to try it). With a few Augments with energy regeneration/Ectoplasm components, it works very nicely (Good AoE & dmg reduction; but lacks some single-targed dmg).
  • For devotions I went for Fiend (on EoR), then Solael’s Witchblade (on the Guardians/BWC); then I made my way towards Ulzuin’s Torch.**
  • I went for a maxed out Celestial presence right after that; kind of like this.
  • after that I started with Demolitionist & went for a transmuted Blackwater Cocktail & Thermite Mines. When dying became a problem, I put more points into Ascension & Blast Shield.
  • at some point during Elite/Ultimate, you might notice that killing heroes & bosses will become more difficult. I just sat throught that until I could equip my endgame gear, but for anyone else I would probably suggest switching to malawiglenn’s build at that point.
  • last but not least – and this is very important! Follow any general tips for levelling you might find in guides like those of malawiglenn – like using good faction gear, augments, components, items with +to all skills (if you have/find them) etc. etc.

**Since the above build now needs fully levelled lightning devotions, it might be a little more time-efficient to switch to a lightning build (maybe with this weapon? The affixes wouldn’t matter too much I think). Only do this if you feel comfortable with building a char more by yourself. It can be a lot of fun though!

…I totally did a big section on levelling now, didn’t I. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

With experience pots, one get the devotions up to high rank pretty quick after a devo-change.

Compared to the time it will take to get the required gear for this build, the time to get the new devotions up to rank is no big deal :wink:

True. But whichever build you pick shouldn’t really be controlled by those factors anwyways, because either way, enjoyment should always outrank efficiency when it comes to beginner builds – at least in my opinion. :slight_smile:

yeah that is true, and at the end of the day I think one should focus on getting the playstyle in place first and not the details. Like does it matter if it is lightning spin2win or fire spin2win? I do aim for all of my beginners builds to be reasonably efficient, e.g. should be able to farm rogue dungeons etc in Ultimate with almost no issues. Killing and surviving is part of the fun too imo ^^

Yeah, that’s definitely the point at which my grand ideal of freedom starts to crumble :stuck_out_tongue:

I am, after all, saying this on a build thread of mine that features 5:30 crucible clear times, too. :smiley:

Ok, here are my results of testing your suggestions, @x1x1x1x2 & mad_lee:

1. dropping Flashbang is indeed very nice for QoL/dmg in Crucible. In SR I kind of needed the extra CC (died ~twice as much without it; I was playing in a very reckless speedrun-oriented fashion, though, too, so that might have been part of the problem).
  2. Dropping Canister Bomb was not part of my testing (yet), but I focused a little more on its impact during further cruci runs, and its DoT tick whilst spinning seemed to help a lot in boosting overall dps, even (or especially!) against tougher opponents (EoR has some single-target-dps issues, as you might have noticed).
  3. @mad_lee’s Empyrion’s Mercy version (extra skill points in Flame Touched) tested at around ~6mins (with >6min runs probably possible).Unfortunately, EoR by itself seems to still be a very mediocre skill (after playing with it for a while now I would estimate the clear speed of a fully dedicated EoR SB withouth the support of converted mines/Canister Bomb to be only at ~7mins, maybe at 6:30 :frowning:
  4. I think you were right though that full %aether conversion is probably not needed in this build. Since supermaxed Soulfire is fairly important for this build, maybe the a ring slot could be upgraded? :thinking:

tl;dr: EoR is still a meme skill, Zantai please help this build needs a buff

Also: Video of SR is now available (8:22 clear)

thank you som uch i needed just the first skills

Glad to help!
And sorry if I accidentally drowned you in information… you just caught me a little off guard with your question :smile:

This build looks really good so amazing job. I’m just curious though, can it handle some of the celestials?

Hi @FCHatred – thank you, and welcome to the forum!

Honestly, I have no idea if this build can beat celestials, since I never tried…

Before I consider testing this I will have to see how badly the Cyclone set gets nerfed in the Hotfix that was announced to probably come down this week :confused:

If the build survives well enough, though, I will definitely check out good ol’ Ravager & Co & let you know how he handled them!

Thanks!

Ah, I see. I decided to go ahead and make it seeing I had all the pieces. Here’s hoping it doesn’t get nerfed too bad or else I’m going to be a tad bit upset haha. I guess I should finish leveling up and enjoying the brokenness as much as I can. Once again thanks for the guide!

Yeah, +1 to this…

A friend of mine once had a build nerfed literally 20mins after he put it together, he practically went through the roof :smile:

Eye of Reckoning builds have already survived 1-2 rounds of nerfs already, however, so… here’s hoping!

Patch notes just dropped and was wondering at first glance how much this will effect the build? I’m still new to Grim Dawn, so I can’t really tell myself.

Well, we lost 5% resist reduction on the mines, some lightning damage on Canister Bomb and ~2% physical resist, which is actually quite a moderate nerf all things considered :slight_smile:

I tested it only once in crucible afterwards (~6:10 without being properly warmed up), but I think it is defnitely still a tier 1 build. Maybe it lost some of its god-tier status, but those ranks never hold the same build for a long time anyways :wink:

I’ll do some more testing this weekend to see if the BiS setup might have changed a bit with the patch, but I think you can very safely still stick with the current one for now and be absolutely fine.

1 Like