1.1.4.0 overtuned enemies, loss of fun and dead builds

Point is not to make all builds 75+ viable. Many many dual wielders start to struggle in SR past 60 or earlier. It’s part of the point. Build looks alright, just a squishy dps type that is intended to struggle in higher shards.

Dead build alert, somebody call the mortician :scorv:

1 Like

He always have had that for as long as i remember. His OA reduction was buffed though, because i don’t remember it being that high.

What about his DA shred - Veil of shadow for -300 coupled with aura debuff from Blade Spirit for -300 on top?

1 Like

And your edit touches upon what truly happened. Vanilla Nemesis monsters got buffed. I love it personally. If it was this way from the beginning people probably wouldn’t have such high expectations about how far they should be able to go in SR.

3 Likes

Fabius got buffed because people complained he was too easy (the same for all of the vanilla Nemeses). Now apparently he’s an actual threat, instead of just basically being a freebie in a boss chunk.

1 Like

Fabius is very scary now.

Iron Maiden is now a stun monster. Very scary for casters. And if you focus her you can very well lose a shard because she’s the hardest nemesis to actually kill now.

Zantarin is still not super scary, which is fine, but his shotgun damage and whatnot can definitely catch you by surprise. I certainly can’t just facetank him as blindly anymore, I’ve gotten a lot more near deaths with him now and I often just keep my distance and save him for last.

I don’t know what went on with Valdaran or if it’s just because the other bosses are scary but I’ve learned not to fuck with him for too long at any one time because of enemy RR stacking in SR.

Benn’Jahr is still a little bitch but a bit less so.

Moosie is still a little bitch if you’re ranged, but his freezing is as threatening as always in melee, and if you don’t position yourself properly you can get freeze locked by his summons.

1 Like

#deadbuilds

8 Likes

I am all for the game not being a baby walk in the park - i actually am advocating strongly to make Korvaak worthy of his Celestial status, but to no avail.

The problem i see is that all those enemy buffs are adding on top of the already difficulty in SR - thus making 75-76 impossible for probably good amount of builds pre-patch.
Again no issue here, as long as the loot payout at lower shards is buffed - as long as SR efficiency farming ratio remains the same i dont see an issue if you farm 75+ or 55+ shard.

Also the stacking RR, -OA, -DA debuffs from 4 nemesis is just insane now - how are you supposed to counter that in SR?

Cool, because 75-76 is not a standard we aim for and never will be.

4 Likes

He turns into a rabid hellhound upon death. Those mines, sheesh. (Not a complaint, I like the changes.)

I wonder how often you have to explain it again until people finally get it, that ~75 is an community goal and not what you Guys official aimed for.

Also:
#DeadBuilds #ZantaiMoreEvilThanThanos

1 Like

In a crucible perspective:

Fabius can actually kill you now, even with a well-made build. I actually died once from his BB retal on a build that would hit him during BB without any issue. Same with Maiden. Scary.

Ben and Moose are the same but this is cruci where mobs are mega nerfed and players are mega buffed.

Zantarin is still the same too, tho I hate the shotguns more cause it looks larger with the new FX.

Valdaran is a big mystery. Dunno why but he’s a big threat on cruci on the builds I played since the patch.

Fabio was always scary. Turn the particle density up and you never see his Blade Barrier. Can kill you as fast as Zantie’s shotgun.

BTW what exactly did he get? Is that 250 stackable oa/da shred on his Veil of Shadows new?

Speaking from personal experience - SR75-76 farming is equal or a tiny bit better vs 3x Cruci runs. As SR is more varied than Cruci - most people prefer to farm via that route.

My argument is that if players are unable to get the same payout for 75-76 due to the buffs, then the lower shards rewards should be buffed to compensate for that. I would gladly farm 65-66 and never complain if i got the same return ratio.

Nobody is entitled to that level of farming efficiency. If you can manage it, great. If not, oh well.

What if the intent of the changes was to cull builds from snoozing through 75-76 because that wasn’t a developer target for build benchmarking?

60-61 give you same amount of chest and you already have a screen full of legendaries. Crucible is also there…

Semantics aside - Acid Dervish was gutted - from top tier to mediocre tier.

And that is the verdict of everyone who plays that build: DOOMBABY - DW Dervish, superboss killer (c+)(SR+)(g3)

Gee whiz, imagine if items of the same rarity performed comparably.