[1.1.4.0-1.1.9.1] The Undead Shinobi of Cairn - PB Reaper, Gladiator in ~ 6 minutes

The idea for mind control was really strong for him in PvP against a pet build, in theory using the mind control on the pet to make it attack its master lol. In actuality, not sure that would work but it would be awesome if it did.

I aspire to reach the levels of experience and knowledge of the long-time players here. My goal is to develop a vast collection of really strange endgame builds. You guys are already helping me get there! First with Gambit (now level 87), now with Lord Gaara (currently level 47).

I have a lot more learning to do, so im usually reading how people post their builds and trying to emulate that in future posts, although I’m unsure how to title mine since lets be honest, my builds wont pass the “C+, SR” titles since they cant achieve these outcomes.

Many of my characters are honestly designed around supporting other players on their journerys through the mid-game, which is my favorite part! As such, they are not “complete” builds, in a sense- not level 100, not optimized for DPS, but rather very task oriented- healers, debuffers, decoys, meat shields (not the item lol).

Ill have to title my build collecton something else… The Oddities of Mid-world; a collection of bizarre wanderers waiting to assist in bridging the gap between early game and late game for the next era of GD players amid this tumultuous period of Veteran difficulty discord!

Exactly, better to invest in the modifiers instead since their damage per “energy” is higher. Also using Ravenous Earth for trash is good idea. I can also recommend using those talisman relics one gets from the Lost elder quest, they are dope and work as second energy potion. Other than that one can invest in phantasmal armor for energy absorb, as many ectoplasms one can fit into the char, focus prism in amulet and 2nd Owl node.

1 Like

Nice take on the PB Reaper! Have you considered the new Lunal’Valgoth’s Waistguard+Moosi Pauldrons for crazy conversion? In contrast to malawiglenn’s budget version of the build, they might actually do a good job for you in the damage-department – that is, if you are ready to

join me on the green side…
V1_UX275_CR0%2C0%2C275%2C120_AL
(credits to Killjoys: 2016)

All stupid pop culture references aside though, you could even get some decent energy regen with an ‘of Meditation’ belt or ‘of Insight’ shoulders (unless, of course, you want to GDStash yourself some ‘Stonehide of Kings’ pieces, which would be ok too I guess :P)

2 Likes

nooo not the green side of the force :open_mouth:

Maybe as alternative version can work even better. I am not part of no-green mafia :smile:

Moosi with stun can be better than Ragadabadu shoulders and belt, yup, nice suggestions.

No shoutout to @superfluff? :wink:

Great build, PB is the coolest skill in the game imho. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I kinda missed that build :sweat: PB indeed is really cool skill.

Kymon’s Chosen or Black legion? Which is better?

If you already selected Necromancer as class, you can’t choose Kymon. So Death’s Vigil all the way.

hello. i have to ask a question. i’m at this point on the devotion build and i can’t proceed to complete the constellations as the guide has them

so i wanted to ask you, being a noob, do u have to add the devotion points in a specific way?
like now i can’t add points on any of the constellations in the guide. maybe something changed with a patch or am i missing something?

so can someone explain to me?
the build has 10 eldritch points in total after building this constellation which gives 3 bonus eldritch and requires 10. so shouldn’t you have 13 in total? or the requirement should have been 7 and then you’d have 10 (after getting the bonus from the complete constellation)

i am really lost, i can’t proceed with the build’s constellation setup

It is self sustaining. You must take another devotion with green first to get to 10, then after completion of latern remove the one used to get it

and how am i supposed to remove one single constellation? :x i thought u can only reset all your points with a potion?

You could visit spirit guide. First one is in Devil’s crossing. After you beat Log at any difficulty check Coven’s refuge.

Other one is in FG start area. And you have in Crucible as well. They allow you to remove devotion points one by one, costing small amounts of gold+aether crystal.

Have you tried the same build but with WH and if so how does it compare against reaper?

Actually will update build soon. Reaper it’s really good and I think it’s better than WH, passive RR, damage reduction, more health etc. But Demonslayer it’s good set and Witch Hunter it’s strong offensive option.

Btw you’re Ronin but do you want to become Shinobi? :wink:

Build updated for 1.1.6.2! Still is one of my favorites all time. Thanks to @mad_lee and @Plasmodermic for our discussion previous patch.

New GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9Lwol2

Crucible 150-170 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm6FkLb9whc&feature=youtu.be

SR 75 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ-lX-18D1Y&feature=youtu.be

I wonder if I can fit Scales with Wendigo? :thinking:

2 Likes

You can, here is a build that I worked on but never got to publish: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zY73vN

It’s not as pretty but you can work with it.

Nice work on Reaper’s polish, looks insanely strong! One thing that I would experiment here is reallocating 25-30 points from Spirit to OA because you have quite a bit of crit damage so it might scale a bit better than extra ~80% damage.

Performance looks great :slightly_smiling_face:. But the build… Low OA, DA, barely capped resistances, only Stun and Trap Resistances are capped, pretty low RR, only 15% Physical Resistance, 40 health regeneration (Dying God is taken :open_mouth:). It would be crushed instantly, but no. It perseveres and crushes instead, SR, Crucible, whatever! Are Phantasmal Blades with Demonslayer SO MUCH powerful? Or what? I see and do not understand…

1 Like

PB blades works fine only with Demonslayer really. You have racial bonus and extra projectiles + extra Blade Spirit summon and daamge to them, so nice combo in-between them. Vitality builds are almost always tanky by the way and I have Bat+Wendigo as well as inbuilt leech from PB, so incredible sustain.

Dying God is must for every vitality or chaos build.

Thanks, that looks great! In my build OA is higher than GT and I need the extra spirit for energy regen anyway, you know how hungry PB is.

Scales map looks very good too, although my build have pretty low DA and pierce res, so I hate to give up Tower. Maybe defensive prefix on the belt+Scales will bring better performance.