[1.1.7.1] Har'Zin's 2H Ranged/Doooom Bolt Deceiver - Crucible Farmer with 1.600k Crits (3Buffs;1Banner)

Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of your skills, both inquisitor and occultist?

Thanks

I agree. The reason I suggested here is racial damage and OA, flat is almost irrelevant.

The amount of lifesteal on this build is great. And when you consider than Doombolt does 240% (I think that’s correct) weapon damage it’s always going to heal you to full.
Blood and Word of Renewal are also good heals. With Aeon and if you take the 2H transmuter for it WoR is up ALL THE TIME.
Armour is low, but not ridiculously low. Haven’t had any problems in campaign since I finished the build.

1 Like

I leveled DW Inquisitor -> Big mistake, no fun AND 18 deaths. From level 94, with this set up main campaign -> walk in the park (added some videos from campaign bosses).
I’m following the discussion of Harbinger-Builds in this forum for a long time. I saw it like you, either the damage output was to low or they feel not viable.

It would be worthwhile to put a point in Vulnerability for the DA shred I think.

And I’m not sure where your Vitality res is at, but other than that Arcane Empowerment should give better returns than Second Rite.

Possibly the strongest ranged chaos build out there, the synergy on this is crazy.

Awesome build! I like it.

Btw, add 1 more point to Storm Spread for 4 projectiles. Maybe remove 1pt from the 2nd node of Word of Pain.

Thank you. Good one! Added.

Vitality res is by far overcapped. Took Second Rite für +damage/a bit flat damage through vitality to chaos conversion. Arcane Empowerement means a bit more damage. I choose the lazy/quality of life way with Second Rite because i’m not always on the seal. Here is the mandatory skillpoint distribution in my view:

10 points are free. I would put 5 in Second Rite and 5 in Vigor.
Edit (thx to ya1): 4 Bursting Rounds/2 Chilling Rounds/4 Vigor

1 Like

You should put 1p in Vulnerability. Then I’d fix Vigor to to 6/10, wps to 10/10-8/10-7/10 or get Wasting. Returns from wpn dmg on wps are huge as this build wpn dmg is huge. Wasting would allow you to get more offensive augments (I guess you’re using Ravager’s Eye?) or better res (another guess - a couple of Dreeg’s 30da augments?). Returns from Second Rite are not so great. Good mostly for Doom Bolt and you don’t use v-decay from it. Or Arcane Empowerment which is never a bad investment for ranged where your playstyle isn’t too dynamic.

Sorry for the guessing game lol. So much you can do without grimtools…

Boi, this build is exactly what I’ve been looking for so long. I never saw an actually good build wich features 2 Handed ranged weapons and chaos damage. I am so eager to use that for my next HC character, can you send me your devotions, or even better, just write down the order in which you took them?

EDIT: I am blind, I found where you posted your devos. But well, you said the rest is a matter of taste. As a matter of fact, I am biased by stupid brain cells, so maybe you have a few recommendations.

+Eel, Solemn Watcher, Hawk

Sounds good, thank you!

Going for Wasting means a big skillpoint investment and one button more to hit. Now

1. i buff myself with BoD/WoR
  2. jump in on Rylok Wings (nice AOE with DA/OA shred)
  3. make a seal
  4. debuff with WoP
  5. debuff with CoF
  6. double DB
  7. spam ToC

My Auguments are:
Potent Dreeg’s Terror on the weapon -> need the pierce res/max +damage and flat damage with augument
Osyr’s Temper on ring’s/amu -> godly
Mainly Malmouth Soulguard Powder on armor -> need the res

1 Like

Yeah but BP is like you cast it twice or three times per crucible wave - it spreads and has a very long uptime. It’s not a big deal. CoF and WoP are big because you cast it on every new mob. Thing is BP is cheap. 15 stackable oa shred for 1p is best in game. Plus all the free ones form +1 to occultist. Plus it’s pure defensive. When you don’t need it you don’t use it. Only for the biggies.

Your augments are pretty standard-offensive. Something was buffed over there because when I remember when I made this build I could hardly get 2.8k da when going for Abominable and even on setups with Solemn Watcher it was far from the comfy 3k. (I got everything like you gear-wise except the medal and the boots, even components, lol).

BTW, I see no Ghoul over there. With it, you could comfortably give up on that Star of Deceit which is really poor, honest, compared to the non-myth Blood medal with oa, megaflat and human racial (nerfed, though, but still great against those voidmarked human hero mobs). I remember being ecstatic that I could finally drop that stupid Star on some other chaos builds it when Revenant was buffed. Revenant hits many targets alright. Skeles attack whoever’s closest (unless you use pet attack) and 4-6 of them provide a pretty decent coverage. Not to mention Doombolt. Or was the Star buffed?

Thanks mate :slight_smile: Now I wish there would be a way to like the entire topic lol.

You know what you’re talking about, chapeau! Took 3 point from 10/10 Bursting Rounds to BP+Wasting and Vulnerability (-45 OA/-14 DA). If i drop Black Star for Blood Sigil i will lose 3 points in Solael’s Witchfire. Which points should i transfer to hard cap it again in your opinion?

Ghoulish Hunger pocs in at 45% health, The Harbinger at 50%. I had both of them for a while -> felt redundant.

Thx :slight_smile:

I’d drop that Bloody Pox after all, I think. And Blood of Dreeg down to 16/16 (on non-acid - or without Severed Faith chest/Darkblaze set - it’s not worth it as it gives like 6 oa per point after softcap).

Hard to theorycraft from memory, lol, need that gt back asap! :wink:

EDIT: I just dusted off my old Rahbinger. I originally went for Abominable Might and did around 6:30 but it’s a build full of holes, very inelegant. So I respecced for Aeon like you and did 7:20.

Gear, I took classic Barbaros pants and Final March for oa/da and Blood medal. Devos, I didn’t take Ghoul after all. I took Hawk, Bat, Candle for 10 green and went for 4 nodes Korvaak. Skills, like you but I softcapped Bursting Round. Still 0% stun res, I thought of Wyrmscale Footpads but was too lazy to re-gear. Da is low (2930 or sth). Armor, too. Phys res and health is higher than you.

So in general your build might be better. Except the medal but it’s my very personal opinion. Blood medal is one of the very few survivors of Zantai anti-racism campaign and still got the whopping 18% to humans.

Oh, and Prismatic Diamond is now a no-brainer. It’s worth dropping that racial from Bone.

1 Like

Anyone got the Grim tools for this build? I have both sets waiting to be used and this seems to be the best thing to do

Inserted the link.

Isn’t it kind of sad we have multiple chaos relics yet when it come to chaos build. ignaffar’s combustion still beat all of them?

You also forgot the 20%rr potential from touch of chaos which would work out to…

->it has a % multiplier effect on -%RR and comes before reduced RR in the order and the multiplication depends on whether the monster has above or below zero resist.
so in your case there is a lot of RR and we can assume it will mostly calculate in the negative:
for 100 resist monster (168 - 35reduced-100resist) x 1.2 ~another 6% RR
for a 50 resist monster (168 - 35red - 50 resist) x 1.2 ~another 15% RR

TLDR. you probably have extra chaos damage from this extra 6-20 RR from Touch of Chaos. (depends on monster starting resist)

Oh, Grimtools is back up!

@ya1, could I trouble you to link your version of this for comparison?
You’ve gone the Abomination route right?