[1.1.4.1] The Thunder Hyena - Bonemonger Based, Lightning PS+Mishmash Hybrid Caster Vindicator [Bonus Ultos+Rakajax build]

The Build

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62aEWpE2
Screenshot with all permanent buff + Word of Renewal, Deadly Aim, and Sitting on Inquisitor Seal.
DPS shown is Primal Strike

Build Feature

Upside:

• Insane cruci clear speed
  • Colorful and unique gameplay
  • Super Massive AoE

Cons:Downside:

• Grand pianist style, hard to pilot
  • Energy issues in campaign, bonemonger need a frickin flat energy regen!
  • Not for the faint hearted
Build Overview

Another continuation of the bonemonger build. I decided to make a separate thread for this as this build is kind of unique in its way and have a vastly different gameplay.

Concept is simple, integrating Thunderous strike playstyle with bonemonger proc-fiesta build. This build has 3 full blown damaging skills in form of Primal strike + Storm Totem + Storm Box. Though in main campaign it has energy issues (DAMN NO ENERGY REGEN SET).

The build convert all aether to lightning and 30% of pierce to elemental. Bonemonger’s proc is still quite damaging and give a decent sustain.

Defense is minimal: Crazy lifesteal, 21/12 Inquisitor seal, 15/12 censure reduced damage. Yup that’s it… :stuck_out_tongue:

Equipment Choices

Craftable item is only helm, craft for stun res. Get as max Pierce>elemental conversion as possible, get min 100% aether>Lightning conversion.

Core Items:
Bonemonger Set.
Main / Off Hand: Mythical Raka’Jax. [Support ranged primal strike, support storm box, super good stats, relevant plus skills]
Rings: 2x Mythical Glyph of the Storm Witch [Converting Aether > Lightning, high OA, nice res, nice proc, relevant bonus.]
Medal: Luminari Commendation. [Pierce>Elemental conversion and relevant skill bonus.]
Belt: Mythical Storm Shepherd. [FG shaman belt. Converting Aether > Lightning, high OA, good stats overall.]

Supporting Items:
Gloves: Cindertouch. [Converting up to 30% Fire>Lightning, Damaging procs, good stats overall]
Pants: Feralmane Legplates. [We need that plus skills to primal strike. And nice stats overall]
Boots: Mythical Stormtitan Treads. [We need that plus skills to primal strike. And nice stats overall]
Relic: Ignaffar’s Combustion. [Inquisitor RR relic. Get completion bonus for Aura of Censure]
Movement Rune: Use whatever you like. I use Rune of Ultos’ Arrival currently.

Devotions

2-handed style Lightning Devo with aetherfire

Aetherfire > to Storm Box of Elgoloth
Arcane Bomb > to Primal Strike
Hand of Ultos > to Storm Totem
Raise the Dead > to Aether Corruption
Spear of the Heavens > to whatever permanent buff
Ghoulish Hunger > to whatever permanent buff

Gameplay

Keybind:
LMB: Primal Strike
RMB: Point to Move
Mouse scroll up/down: Aether Corruption
Keyboard 1: Movement Rune
Keyboard 2: Storm Box of Elgoloth
Keyboard 3: Storm Totem
Keyboard 4: Inquisitor Seal
Keyboard 5: Wind Devil
Keyboard 6: Word of Renewal

Standard procedure:
Always have Word of renewal active
Summon wind devil, always cast it when it’s ready
Summon inquisitor seal below you
Scroll up/down, to summon continuous supplies of RR skeleton
Cast stormbox to enemy horde, always cast it to different enemy when you have it ready.
Summon storm totem on your side, always cast it when it’s ready.
Then hold your primal strike button while casting while mashing your stormbox button to different enemies.

Due to the nature of wake of bones’ proc, you always want the enemy to be in front of you.
Keep an eye to your energy. In some cases, you want to drink energy potion.

Build Performance Crucible: Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:30 clear time. As usual, this is a NO BANNER run.

Cruci is kinda hard in 1.1.4.1, it will take some practice for you to be able to overcome this build.
In 160, 169, and 170 wave, you want to always isolate your enemy and kill it as fast as you can. Killing one nemesis before the other come will help you a lot.

Shattered Realm:
Haven’t checked yet. Will be painful because of energy though.

Again, BEST BONEMONGER IS ELEMENTAL BONEMONGER! :smiling_imp:

BONUS: ULTOS +RAKA'JAX BUILD Crucible: This is an experimental build to see if the same approach is working in ultos set + rakajax:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gGrLv2

The build is still a hybrid caster with full all in investment in Primal Strike, Storm Totem, and Storm Box. Clear time is almost 10 sec lower than bonemonger PS, but highly inconsistent and squishier due to less leech. Might need to have bat somewhere but I am too lazy to redo the build. Maybe later

Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:20 clear time. As usual, this is a NO BANNER run.

2 Likes

GRIMTOOLS IS BACK AGAIN? GOD @Dammitt THANKS!

Damn, I put an awesome build and all you do was giving dammit a thank you!!!

Thanks Dammit! I hope you still enjoyed your vacation… :wink:

Good job utilizing the return of GT. That’s everything I want to say.

No, I am kidding :wink: Wow that’s a crazy creative build. Bonemonger used on unorthodox way. That piano build requires Hungarian rhapsody number of keys and feels glassy. Idk how you manage to play it! Btw next build you should try is Thermite mines Purifier with Bonemonger and cyclone off hand.

Thanks Nery!
I actually have. You can just switch empyrion offhand with cyclone in my bonemonger purifier build and it will be less pianist but a bit slower cruci clear.

It’s slowing the time? That’s interesting . Anyway you make quite interesting Bonemonger builds. I tried the set once. It was DW melee aether Spellbinder. Vitality to aether was very nice. Also MoT+MoE combo on melee feels weird :slight_smile:

It’s similar, like 10-15 sec difference. It’s a bit trade off, cyclone is good with thermite mine but it lost it’s phys res make the stat density of empyrion looks much better. Empyrion also make flame torrent much more damaging. Harder to play but more resilient.

Aether spellbinder with bonemonger have been in my head everytime, but haven’t got ideas to deviate from the obvious theodin.

Go CT spam then surprise everyone if it turns out better than Agrivix :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool hybrid. How do you deal with the lack of attack speed?

Also, how did you manage to upload smth to GT? :slight_smile:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2M7Yl0Z
Not sure, energy reg is a nightmare with bonemonger. Maiven’s sphere absorb a loooootttt of energy. Hmmmmmm…

EDIT: this might have some potential as mage hunter. hmmm

Yea as you can see I am not pursuing much attack speed here. I have a lot of buttons and skills and procs, PS just to feel the gap between me casting storm box and storm totem, and it’s doing a lot of damage with that high OA and crit damage.

Also, dont you realize that this is most likely faster than traditional full ultos or ultos + sparkthrower if someone make it run with banner? :stuck_out_tongue:

GT has been fixed madlee.

It’s been a long time since a good pilot tested traditional Ultos + Sparkthrower of GDstashing setup. But you might be right, ranged auto-attackers (even the likes of Vindicators with Primal spam) can’t really hold a candle to casters or hybrids.

I know, I just can’t upload any of my current chars to it since GT is still 1.4.0

I know, I am bad pilot. :smile: My Ultos Vindicator with Sparkthrower of GD stashing do 7 minutes in my playing. But I lose like 20-30 seconds at least with lag and low FPS while recording.

So Ultos with good piloting can go probably close to 6 minutes with my build. It feels very strong against everything except Grava. [1.1.3.1] Lightning 2h Ranged Vindicator, Gladiator in ~ 7 minutes

I think it probably had some room for min-maxing for squeezing out those extra seconds. First thing that comes to mind: Runecaster’s of Scorched Runes. Or maybe your build is already min-maxed, I actually don’t remember.

I added link to my previous post. You can min maxed it and play it to see if it’s good, GT is working now. Btw I am not that bad as builder, so piloting probably will affect build much more than gear or devotions. So please look it and say your opininion :+1:

Hey, you are a very good builder, my man, I like your builds!

1 Like

Even then, you guys need to remember that my run has no banner.

BTW, please don’t belittling yourself nery, your build is good, your beginner guide is good. We all are learning here… :slight_smile:

BTW, just got an idea, maybe ultos+raka can be good with a lot of skill point to shaman, making use of storm totem and stuff. Hmmm

2 Likes

Raka Jax don’t have attack speed. Probably will be better with Light Defender with turbo charged Storm totems and box, Primal Strike as nuke. Problem with Ultos for PS/Totems is the fact you need Ultos gem, which occupies the amulet slot and thus you can’t take conduit for Storm totem.

Let me check. Honestly, this looks interesting:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqOo592

Just checking the ultos+rakajax build. Clear time is as fast as 6:20 without banner, but inconsistent due to less leech. Might need bat somewhere but I am too lazy to redo the build. Might revisit when interested.
Grimtools:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gGrLv2

Video with 4 buff without banner:

6:20 clear time. As usual, this is a NO BANNER run.

2 Likes