[1.1.4.2 - 1.1.7.2] [DW Ranged] Mortal Reminder - Vitality FS Defiler [c+] [sr+]

Upd: added … Lokarr’s kill video!

(yes, I’m having a Lokarr-killing fiesta right now)
Jokes aside, I like this build. Certainly one of my favourites.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say that this is a solid fun build after playing it for a while. The leech and damage is top notch. I play campaign, so I changed it up a little bit to get more damage. They might not be the best changes, but it seems to work fine for me! https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQOb4pV

Thanks @afanasenkov26 for posting it. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks!
I’m very glad you have a good time playing this build and had even come up with an idea how to improve it for yourself :slight_smile:

First of all, awesome build! Nicely done!

Why do you need that conduit’s conversion, when gargabol’s flame touched mod converts all elemental to fire anyway? Isn’t that basically global conversion as it is on a buff?

That conversion would be global, however, Brimstone wouldn’t be fully converted to Vitality without the conduit. Unless there is another item to convert the Chaos damage that would substitute.

First of all, thanks!
I use the Conduit also for converting 100% chaos->vit and to get a bunch of resists and more sturdiness.
Conversion on belt is not enough for it so belt is used to get some resists and stats too.
Overall, wanted to harden the build as possible :slight_smile:

True, brimstone would lose 40% conversion (assuming max roll on belt).
Also not only brimstone but also voidrouds wps.

Yea makes sense, kinda feels bad for all those player scaled pets, especially the one with vit RR aura.
Too bad valguur’s gloves have no attack speed :frowning:

PS: nice transmog!

Yes, that feels kinda sad that neither vitality pistols, nor gloves has AS :frowning:
Also, taking full Bloodknight forces you to take second green item to cover resists of look for a belt with them. Conduit in this terms is a nice choice for me.
And thanks again :slightly_smiling_face:

Flat damage on WPS are only affected by global conversion. So the conduit will not benefit void rounds.

@afanasenkov26: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p6O4jZ

What do you think of this?

P.S - I think your armor augments could use a bit of optimization. E.g. - chaos res overcap is very high

1 Like

Can’t check the augments right now but will do it asap.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p6O4jZ
Seems interesting :thinking: guess you’ve dropped bwc and some points out of temper to take RE as additional source of damage?

Yes. Vit RE does a butt tonne of damage, and global damage reduction is far superior to physical damage reduction.

RE is also phenomenal for insta-RR application (i.e. rattosh)

EDIT: Would be cool if you managed to pull off a hybrid caster/shooter using valguur’s glove for better chaos conversion, and something like venomfire or soulcatcher for RE mod.

Dark one’s might be worth considering too if you want to go more towards the caster side of things.

Hmm, understood. Will try it then!

As for playstyle, the build was designed and supposed to be a ranged autoattacker so I think I won’t go for more caster part in it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, vitality range is already pretty sketchy archetype, isn’t nice to turn it into hybrid. :slightly_smiling_face:

Btw, what do you think plays more smoothly, vitality DW ranged or vitality DW melee?

Welp, I should stop commenting when I’m about to fall asleep :rofl:
#givevalguurattackspeed

No! :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re fine homie. I actually had this belief for the longest time until superfluff corrected me with some tests he did.

Interesting question! Honestly, I’ve played DW melee vitality only in AoM and it was a death knight made by @veretragna. In FG I’ve tried by myself making a DW ritualist and it sucked. Others options (except mentioned DK) seem shitty too, and we don’t have much melee vitality 1handers.
So my vote goes to DW Ranged. When I made this defiler and tested it, I was really surprised how good damage and sustain it has. And gameplay is really smooth and pretty safe.

1 Like

This is incorrect when it comes to interactions between item modifiers for AA replacers and WPS. Void Rounds becomes full Vitality. Test it out yourself using GrimInternals to see the damage type. I just tested again and without Temper, ES or Brimstone, using the Conduit with Void Rounds you do only Vitality Damage per GI.

I demonstrated this interaction between Item Modifiers and WPS with my Fire & Cold Iskandra’s Elemancer using the N&O set to convert the Chaos on VR to Cold. You can see my in-game tooltip damage breakdown in the link below to my guide. I tested it in another thread, but the link is broken from the old forum.

This is not the case with secondary skills like Soulfire, Explosive Strike or Brimstone, but WPS skills are different.

1 Like

Just gonna tag @superfluff in this because I don’t want to spread more misinformation than I may already have.

In which case, sorry to everyone! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

1.1.5.2 UPDATE: Build is still fine, clears 75-76 without many issues.
Video below. Also added new GT.

1 Like

UPDATE: added new Crucible video with 6:19 result! It will be shown in the build section. Also updated Lokarr’s video.

2 Likes