[1.1.4.2] - Blightlord? No. BLAST lord Shield breaker (Cr+, Naked viable, SR+)

No, there was just no other way to get DPS.

What I try to do is kite in a circle with the enemy being on the inside, so the AoE from the mortar will still affect them. If that fails (i.e. I’m too low) I just gotta run and re-setup mortars again. What’s very effective is waiting for the nems to charge you and then blinking behind them so they are forced to run into the mortar fire.

The turn animation also slows them down a bit.

I also try to tank a little using ascension + phoenix + blastshield where possible.

EDIT: Another really good trick is to also try and bait out their attacks. Run into their attack animation and then immediately run backwards. This will make them swipe at the spot you just were. If you can get a good rhythm going, you can have them stay rooted to a spot near indefinitely. Works best with SS because the re-engagement potential on it is just insanely high.

So, something popped into my mind - Valinov once mentioned that if you put on items which give +points to player-scaled summons and summon them, you’ll summon a higher level pet.

Right. Intuitive so far.

However, if you take off these items and swap them out for something else AFTER summoning these pets, said pets won’t ‘lose level.’

We were discussing specifically about blade spirits, and I was wondering if the same mechanic would apply here.

Can I wear 2x lifegiver signets to summon 26/16 guardians and then swap it out for my original items?

Also, will this apply to Celestial Presence?

Looks quite slow, but at least makes your eyes happy seeing all this shit flying on the screen. :smiley:

This actually made me really curious, because I didn’t pre-select my arena. I just went for it.

On one hand, crucible of the sands has lots of covers and chokepoints, but it also gimps mortar’s damage.

On the other, crucible of the dead is wide and open, which would intuitively make you think that kiting is near impossible.

However, I found that to be false.

While the timing can vary quite widely depending on mutators and spawns, the fastest I cleared it in was 10:46, with the slowest being 15 minutes or so. There were 2x reapers and a freaking maiden so I couldn’t use blink (move too far from maiden and she blitzes).

And if maiden so much so as farts at you with her cadence, you lose like 300 armor or something, which is terrifying when paired with reapers phys RR.

Anyhow, I’ve uploaded this YT video on a 11:20 clear in the OP:

//youtu.be/Q4-phUyn6e0&t

Ok. Just cleared SR 75 with this guy. Will record a video tomorrow.

Couldn’t equip arcane tome. Required spirit: 652 (724-10% reduction)

only 641 spirit in this build. Is there something I overlooked?

Yes. I used spirit/cunning/physique bonus on serenity - mine has a 4% spirit bonus. That could be the discrepancy. Though 1, or 2 more points into spirit isn’t going to affect anything

EDIT: changed GT to show correct spirit values. Thanks for pointing it out!

Well, well…

It really doesn’t look like much in gt but those results! Congrats. What about some good old fashioned 4 blessings + vanguard banner action?

BTW anyone called dips on Mask of Infernal Truth/this book and medal/conduit/Anderos gun maxed mortars? Or the lightning mortars/boxes with Dread Mask of Gurguthsomething/Stone of Halakor/Cindergloves? This build like triggered a relapse of my mortarmania. I can’t wait to try out the new 100% phys to fire/lightning conversion. :rolleyes:

Yeah. In one of the threads, someone asked what people thought of mark of calamitous desires*. And I said, ‘mortar is going to become super viable now.’

We then theorycrafted an example of 7x mortar purifier.

The only reason why I didn’t do it, is because it seemed too obvious :rolleyes:

I’ll PM you what I’m working on next though.

I’ve had enough of this bickering on my guide, so I’m going to shift gears entirely and share the updated version of this build:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YNnjx3pN (thanks to ptir for his suggestion)

Cleared crucible 170 naked in 9:20.

//youtu.be/aclqEL8_xSM&t=

Let’s just stop going at requnix. I’ve already provided him with a full list of levelling guides, and it’s clear that he’s simply unwilling &/or incapable of reading/understanding them.

In essence, his request for a levelling guide has been met, just not catered to his personal desires.

I don’t think it’s possible to reason with such individuals, so I would like to request that we stop talking about him.

The horse has been beaten dead.

New thread here to continue the off-topic discussion, preferably with less salt.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=722806

I appreciate you, Jiaco.

Thanks for the amazing build. What should I prepare if I want to challenge the gods? I’m a little bit dull and I can not press a lot of buttons and move rapidly like you do in other builds.

Sorry for my poor English and thanks again for the build. So much fun!;):D:cool:

UH…I haven’t tried killing the Gods yet? :eek:

I don’t really get any kicks out of killing celestials…but I’ll try my best to help.

Which set-up are you using?

Thanks for your reply. I am now going with your updated version(YNnjx3pN ).
Sorry, I cannot be able to post links now.

It’s ok if this build can not kill them. I will still love it. :D:D:D

I’ll try your KING OCTAVIUS build. Looks quite safe to kill some tough guys

King octavius was done by the n00b named ya_.

His build is clearly inferior to this one. :stuck_out_tongue:

Just kidding. ya_ is an amazing crafter/pilot.

I’ll have a think about your request, and I’ll edit this post when I think I have an update.

P.S.: welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Tried killing the Gods. Got killed by the Gods. :eek:

But I do think it’s possible to do so if you cheese them.

Anyhoo, all that fiddling around made me improve the build a little more. So the GT link has been updated.

It’s OK. Thanks for your try. After all, this build is so much fun ,strong and easy to play during the main quests and crucible. If this can kill the gods easily, it will be nerfed!!!:p:p:p

I’m a little concerned that the set bonus gives RR to Summon Guardian of Empyrion. Shouldn’t it be modifying Celestial Presence? Are we confident that’s working correctly?