After recent posted builds with Dark One set-Conjurer and Ritualist, now time for the the last member of Holy Trinity to emerges the Cabalist. And I know my religious knowledge is little vague but Cabalist sounds like a cool name. And is cool class without a doubt.
- permanent auras only, without procs and Soul Harvest
GRIM TOOLS- https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26qLW7N
Cabalist vs Ritualist vs Conjurer
Cabalist was the initial combo for Dark One and is definetely more flexible and easy for gearing. But in terms of damage Occultist offers very little of it. Wendigo Totem is nice both offensively and defensively. So Ritualist is the best class in offense, Cabalist and Conjurer have similar performance. Cabalist have monster flat damage though. Defensively all classes are strong. Maybe Cabalist is the one that requires more skills than the other two. So all three classes have something to offer
Key is Dark One set, one of the two target farmable sets in the game also two green items with cheapest possible affixes. Others:
- Weapon. I used Pandemic. One of the two weapons with mods to Ravenous Earth. Well rolled Bonespike can be better.
- Off hand. Craftable Blood Orb. Conversion+cast speed is so good!
- Belt. Used for the sweet conversion and +1 to Necro. Any affixes can do the trick, but if you rolled spirit is so nice.
- Medal. Irreplaceable for RE mod, again any affixes can do the job, look for valuable resistances.
- Jewels. Used Soulcatcher amulet, cheaper alternative is Venomfire, rings are BiS for their RR procs.
- Others. boots+pants offer lots of necessary stats. Boots also offer slow.
- Relic is Eldritch Pact for +1 Occultist and nice proc skill.
Crafting bonus is open for personal preference. I choose slow resistance.
You can play this build as piano or have spamming skill. I choose the second and use biting blades from component. The advantage of it vs Oblivion is that for Oblivion(also nice skill) you have to give up the relic slot, while BBlades is costing just one component slot. Also this is skill which have weapon damage compartment, so it’s using our big weapon damage stat. I decided to skip entirely Sigil and Siphon Souls.
Devotions: Key is to get Dying God+Rattosh for any vitality build. Bat+Ghoul combo for sustain, also Revenant for flat RR. Guardians Gaze works very fine in combination with BBlades. Also we convert all the damage from it to pure vitality.
NOTE: You can have some minor energy problems. They can be solved by putting components like Soul Shard or Prismatic Diamond for energy absorb, energy affixes on belt/medal or using Royal jelly extract like me. Also is good to have respectable number for DA/OA, which isn’t easy on this build!
In Crucible build is really solid, it have almost 100% clear rate. In my playing times are between 6:20 and 6:50. Here’s video from 150-170
In SR build can safely farm SR 75-76. Unlike Conjurer with low health pool build can’t go over 81 or so. Video from the full SR 75 run.
Leveling and Budget build
Check this guide by @malawiglenn here ☄ Collection of malawiglenn's Beginner Friendly builds
Also check my budget build with even more cheap items!