[1.1.4.2-1.1.6.2] Completion of Holy Trinity - Dark One Cabalist -150-170 / SR 75 viable

Woah! That’s neat, I wouldn’t of thought to try that.

Thanks for the kind and well explained response!!

1 Like

Vitality to chaos conversion on the belt is 50% on average, so rolls are random from 40% to 60%. It’s hard to find belt with 60% or close, so don’t worry.

About Ritualist, there’s posted one actually. I played it and liked it a lot, so kinda took some of it’s ideas. :sweat_smile:

Skills - main one you should max is Wendigo totem. It’s excellent skill for sustain and support but with Dark one set deals some damage. Ofc max devouring swarm for RR. Other passive skills should be taken as well.

PS, Welcome to the forum!

Lunal Valgoth belt convert chaos to vitality. Not sure if there’s belt that do the opposite. :thinking:

Try verify your files or maybe it’s bug, no idea :thinking:

@Nery hey, is Biting Blades that much of a source of damage that it’s worth investing into all that flat DMG from witchfire ? Is it not worth investing into max Pox or another vit damage source in Sigil? Thanks!

Yeah damage is nice, plus BBlades+Guardians+Relic proc is nice combo. Sigil will make my build too much piano and Pox is support skill, not damage dealer.

I was in the process of getting the gear for this build (have the set and most of the rest, but a few pieces missing). Does anyone know if this is still viable after the recent changes Crate made?

• Dark One’s Gift Set: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 150
  • Dark One’s Hood: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 50
  • Blood Orb of Ch’thon: added matching bonuses for pets on the granted skill

One of which doesn’t really matter, the other being nerfs.

Well the only Dark One change is to Wendigo totem, which is Shaman skill and this build is Necromancer+Occultist. And even Shaman side is not probably Nerf, since Wendigo interaction causing lower damage done was fixed.

Blood Orb was buffed after this build was posted, so should be viable still at this patch.

1 Like

Ah yeah. Fucking brainfart on my side there!

1 Like

No problems, it happens. Hope you’ll enjoy this build! :slightly_smiling_face:

Build is updated for 1.1.6.2!

New video:

New GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeRkpEN

And tag @malawiglenn too, to see this build :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sub 6 min cruci, needs nerf!

Sub 6 means average build :stuck_out_tongue:

Few months ago I wouldn’t imagine Dark One Cabalist can do that.

it is fine line between average and broken in this game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know Biting Blades is now the most op component active but I agree with @mad_lee here. Cheap SoC should be better than points in Second Rite and maybe even Soul Harvest. Especially since cabalist lacks the most broken element of Dark One - the Totem heals.

SoC have nothing of a bonus here. Soul Harvest gives small boost and also can life steal through my big WD. But maybe SoC is better, at least for SR.

Soul Harvest, okay, it’s also got %vit.

But Second Rite:

• for 11p gives you 50 vit and 48 vit decay /s for 70% wpn dmg in BB . That is about 70 more dmg for BB (times the number of BBs).

• For 13p you got 17-6 SoC with over 220 vit and nearly 100 vit decay /s. And you can deploy two SoC, each dealing dmg separately (tested). That is over 300 dmg (times 2). Meaning you’d have to be able to cast eight BBs per second for Second Rite to make up for no SoC. Dmg alone, SoC should deal more.

Ofc math theorizing isn’t always right, and extra button is always bad. But that’s the numbers, and imo SoC is worth that button. Since you got no need for vit res, Second Rite really gives too little for such a generous investment.

BTW Nightbringer Dark One conjurer also got no mods to SoC, and it’s good there. On the margin, since you’re not using SoC, wouldn’t Bonecrushers boots be better?

1 Like

but you got some neat conversions for Destruction mod. I think it’s still worth it.

Hey Nery,

Your Cabalist build inspired me to make two similar Vitality-RE builds:

• A Ritualist: with very similar item choices but with more focus on OA/crit damage and being tonky via HP and % HP healing instead of pumping up ADCTH + flat dmg for Biting Blades -> my guy also uses Acid Purge in place of Biting Blades as a spam skill.

• An Oppressor: not as similar in item choices and definitely on the ‘squisher’ side relative to the others because it doesn’t have as much sustain (as Wendigo totems or your ADCTH stacking) but boasts crazy high close-range/single target DPS from the 4 beefed-up :grimacing: Guardians of Empyrion

So far I like the idea of the Ritualist more and it feels more like a total package than the Oppressor, that and the fact it has like -180% vitality RR :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Dude it’s so painful to watch breaking Dark One set and not get that proc but helm for RE and Guardians is very juicy. Oppressor have nice CDR boost but lacks the punch other Dark One combos have. I am interesting in it’s results.