[1.1.7.1] Conjurer of the Dark Arts - 6:30m Crucible 150-170, "naked" Crucible, SR 85+, all Celestials, no greens immortal Conjurer

In its final form it should be one of the best HC builds ever. But you gotta have all the exact gear and basically replicate grimtools from op.

1 Like

Agreed, Fevered rage adds so much fun that, even if some crucible packs become pretty risky, it should be the default choice in a solid build like this one.

Had a L64 toon from way early from I bought the game so decided to convert him into a caster.
reached L100 even with mixed gear, the guy does well in HC as far.

Are there any resources for this guide that would outline what devotions to take in what order, ideal gear to use while leveling, what skills to focus on first, etc? Or can anyone provide this information here? I’d really like to use this build, but it’s my first character, and I’m a bit clueless.

What devotions should I take, in what order?
What skills should I focus on maxing first/the order of skilling them?
What stats on gear should I be looking out for? Vit damage/decay/resists?

Sorry if it’s an annoying question, I just can’t seem to find the information anywhere else.

Look for leveling/beginner/faction gear builds posted on this forum.

While it’s not an exact replica, I believe the builds are similar enough. I have a levelling journal in mine which revolves predominantly around the necromancer you can use.

Instead of devouring swarm (which I used in the early phase of my guide), I would use bloody pox with fevered rage, while maxing out vulnerability.

P.S - welcome to the forum

So, I wanted to ask: this build performs really well and I’m super happy with it, but are there any bosses it simply cannot kill? I saw the Ravager kill, but what about Lokarr? Or Callagadra?

Lokkar would be super easy, he is a lower tier boss than Ravager. Callagadra will require some focus and some amount of kiting, but I don’t think it’s going to be hard. I might try it with this build later.

I killed Callagadra with this build. Requires some getting used to the fight and a lot of kiting. :grinning:

I also changed devotion bindings: No Dying God proc, Raise Skeletons to Bloody Pox and Bat to Devouring Swarm. No pharma used. Really bad piloting skills on my side and some unneccessary panic, but it worked… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Decided to have a little fun with this beast with the new meta Crucible Banner setup, result is 5:50 run with Fevered Rage, not bad, I guess.

1 Like

How does this build perform in 1.1.5.0? Based on the patch notes, I could only identify two minor nerfs due to changed devotions. Or did I miss anything?

I feel no difference. Still facetanks everything. :laughing:

I didn’t see any nerfs to it, what are the ones you are talking about? Because it actually gained some OA from Rattosh buff and it’s still pretty much unkillable.

Solemn Watcher: reduced % Defensive Ability to 4%
Raise the Dead: reduced All Resist Reduction duration to 1s
Revenant: reduced % Attack and % Cast Speed to 4% and % Damage to Undead to 10%

I missed the Buff to Rattosh - and I wasn’t sure if I missed anything else

ah, nay, those will not affect the build’s performance in the slightest. Fastest runs in I did with it in Crucible relied on Storm banners for flat rr and in one on one battles in Campaign or SR there are always enough skellies up.

Tiny loss of DA can be compensated by crafting two and not one item for %Physique. Or can be just ignored.

What’s the new off-hand for Wendigo Totem called? Can’t find it in stash. @Valinov

EDIT: Posted it in a wrong place, but still ok I guess. Need to test it for this build.

Maybe it’d be interesting to someone: that’s how my toon was looking before hitting 94
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwmE5n2
Cheap(ish) components, minimum of augments, a few items could be exchanged for pristine better greens - trying to save those damn Ugdenblooms for “the final form”. The toon himself is in the middle of ultimate Barrowholm. Leveling was easy, died just once in the very beginning (ate double hero boars’ charge).
Thanks for the build!

1 Like

does the new buffed guardian’s gaze work at all with the build?
is revenant taken mostly for the rr? I’m assuming the 6% adcth doesn’t do anything for it?
also are there any modifications for HC to make on the devotions?

Just tried this build out yesterday. Probably my favorite caster. I love how it feels facetanking 4 bosses and how your RR stacks up to start chewing through enemies.

1 Like

GG will definitely work, but it doesn’t fit this devotion map. Besides, we have Bat, don’t see why we need GG.
Revenant is for Racial damage/damage reduction and RR, yes.

For HC just don’t use Fevered Rage probably and be sure to balance your resist augments according to your resist rolls on gear.

Thanks, man. Try it with Fevered Rage in Crucible if you haven’t already, it’s hella fun.