1.1.4.2 Dervish Dunefiend Build

My two original builds were not up to scratch at all. I got a lot of help from this brilliant community and especially for the User ya1 who is a Genius. He helped me change many of my armour pieces and amulet. I had low Stun resistance and low OA. He helped me turn this build into a Good one. Thanks ya1 and thank you Fimbul.

I would like to share my Dervish Dunefiend Build. She does an insane amount of Poison and acid damage. The Eye of Reckoning skill is 350K Poison and Acid DPS. I use Night Chill for -32% Poison and Acid Resistance to Enemies and Celestial Presence adds 31% Poison and Acid Resistance to Enemies. Shadow Strike deals 200K Damage and is bound to Rumour which gives -30% Poison and Acid Resistance to Enemies. Scorpion Strike is bound to Twin Fangs for Life Steal.
This is a very fast moving and fun build to play with.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28e6G7V

Hmm. If I had to give one suggestion, it would be that investing into both Righteous Fervor and Eye of Reckoning is not wise.

Both of them are usually a main skill you want to be as close to 100% up-time as possible. So heavy investment into one is a loss to the other.
By going for both you’re losing a huge amount of skill points that could be spent on things that boost that main skill.

1 Like

You are totally correct. I redesigned the Character. Thank you for your insight. i was an idiot to argue against you originally as i was inebriated.

Using RF with WPS and EoR at the same time is REALLY weird indeed.
And a lvl 95 GT with sub 10k HP being the “most destructive character” doesn’t really say that much. You gotta give us more proof than that :stuck_out_tongue:

So you don’t use EoR at all vs Bosses? Why even use it at all then?

Belt, gloves, pants and possibly other slots definitely have better options imo. Also 0% stun res and no ascension, wtf?

I dont see any reason why going RF with passive nodes when U using Denefiend. If U max EOR+Soulfire and Shadow strike+NJE+Nightfall U are pretty much done: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/q2m6GJ0V U dont need to use any other damage skills besides those 2. Both skills gonna heal You, Eye is spamable and reduce enemy outgoing damage, Shadow strike gives you reposition and CC+ hit like a truck with low CD. I dont see much room for using default weapon attack like RF with Dunefiend set.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your insight. I will give it a go and see.

Also 0% stun res and no ascension, wtf?
Yes. wtf! i was drunk building the character.

Helle Fug,

I leveled a similar build on HC recently. Atm on the phone so no link.

Few tipps:

1. Only Eye of Reckoning! You don‘t need Righteous Fervor to stay alive against bosses.
  2. why? Because you need to use proper components in your weapons. 2x seal of blades do the trick. You only need lifeleech because of your absurdly high attack speed.
  3. Use other components. Why? Your armor absorbtion.

Maybe i have a few other suggestions later. Didn‘t look at devotion yet. As I said I‘m on the phone now.

2 Likes

Thank you for the tip.
You are totally correct. I have changed the build to your suggestion.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BnO4K2

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRO4DKN

best that could be done with that gear, afaik

Charging up Fervor for defensive stats is not such a bad idea. It’s a pain QoL-wise but for a lacking set that is Dunefiend it’s a pretty good idea until you got all the best gear with top rolls and max everything. Problem with the op build was that he maxed Fervor as a dmg main skill which makes no sense since you can’t Fervor and EoR at the same time.

1 Like

This is interesting, i like your devotions. This forum has taught me how bad i actually am at designing characters.

The next step for this build would be finding Pants of the Tranquil Mind and a good Basilisk Mark of Readiness, Attack or the Dranghoul as acid has zero really great unique medals (Direwolf Crest is ok or Mark of Lethal Intents). Also, Meditation relic would be better especially in a combo with Belt of Deadly Means. As for the shoulders, I like Mantle of Dreeg but for EoR probably Radaggan shoulders with stun res would be best. I like the choice of gloves here.

I’m a huge fan of Pestilence of Dreeg amulet for all things acid. Once you get the blueprint its a good idea to save up some mats to roll (ideally) Plague of Rot or (also) Plague of Shattered Souls affixes. Sadly, in legit game this ammy is hard as the affix pool is bloated with many affixes that make no sense.

2 Likes

You have an encyclopedic knowledge of this game. You must be the resident professor on this site. I am very grateful to you for giving me such professional tips. I am sure have all the parts you listed to fix my build and make it proper, that you listed as i have played about 5000 hours. I will get back in a few hours when i kit my Character out to your specifications. Thank you very much again. OA is the Characters weakness.

Thanks again ya1.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28e6G7V

Welcome! :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The Character you helped build is certainly a good Character. She was able to kill Lokarr in one to two Minute. I must now move onto a bigger challenge for the character.