DO NOT TRY TO BUILD THIS SPEC AS IT WILL GET WELL-DESERVED NERFS IN 220.127.116.11
- And everyone else who’s made this game so special to me, and who’s helped explain the mysteries of theorycrafting to me.
Be quick or be dead - An explanation on how to pilot this spec in 5 words:
GT (4 + 0): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwLzPJN
GT (naked): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKO8qEN <— ~60% clear consistency, more than enough for me to upkeep tributes
YT (4 + 0): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVujcaUNb_c
YT (naked): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf_HDmYs9Hs <— Done with bad mutators (Avg: 8:50)
Screenshot of (4 + 0) setup with all buffs depicted
However, when I decided to check out Firozo’s GT about a week ago, I was disappointed to see his use of the SR set.
Don’t get me wrong, SR set is a beautiful defensive option, but it just struck me as an unnecessary crutch.
In my biased opinion, PB builds are meant to be sheer DPS leech tanks. You survive by putting out so much damage that you can almost instantly recover from any near-fatal blow, an impossible goal to attain with the SR set.
Opting for SR set also forces the build into:
- pack of treacherous mean for elemental conversion. in other words, you lose out on a massive +3 to nether edge.
- It also prevents the use of the NB conduit with +35 chaos damage to PB
- Last, and certainly not least, it prevents you from using my favorite chest piece: Korvoran’s Jacket. This hidden gem is truly underappreciated, and underused. Not only is the proc on it absolutely monstrous, the jacket also let’s you hardcap heartseeker without using m. mark of consumption. Going direwolf not only nets you more OA, more %pierce, but also valuable (and rare) 12% racial bonus to beast.
I’ve only just finished testing the build, and just wanted to throw it out there for now. I’ll add more meat to the guide over the next day or 2.
How much DPS does this spec actually have?
Well…it boasts an “I-shit-you-not” sheet 1 DPS value of 480k before all procs.
It also stacks an incredible amount of racial damage:
- 47% damage to humans
- 12% beast
- 24% undead
- 24% cthonic
- 15% aetherials
The biggest drawback here is the lack of racial bonus to eldritch, making Kaisan a huge pain to take down.
How glassy is this glass cannon?
EXTREMELY. DO NOT PLAY THIS SPEC IF YOU DISLIKE AN ACTIVE PLAYSTYLE.
- You have no circuit breakers (except for a one pointer in menhir’s will which is L. O. L.)
- You have low phys res
- No damage reduction
- No damage absorption
One-shots are a very real threat so that means you need to constantly outmanoeuvre enemies. Of note are:
- Father kymon
- Mad Queen
- Double reapers
- Even Brother sergerius can one shot you with his fissure.
That being said, with enough experience, all of them can be outplayed consistently as demonstrated in my naked clear.
Why not use an infiltrator?
Heck no. The loss of armor absorption, CC res, armor, OA/DA, and physique brought by the soldier mastery is the only reason why I’m able to pull off a 106 cunning dump.
- %bonus pierce damage offered by the soldier class is greater than that of the infil
- UNTESTED ASSUMPTION: Constant spamming of death sentence would slow down the build
- You are too damn mobile to make use of inqui seal.
Don’t let PB fool you. Yes it’s a ranged attack, but this build plays like a melee one.
Getting up close and personal is how you maximize night’s chill + Shotgun effect of PB.
Though some may disagree mad “L2P” lee, I’d like to think that my itemization is optimal, and not very intuitive.
The most straightforward itemization here would be the one used by Firozo (GT link in “preface”) - i.e. shattered realm + barbaros + pack of treacherous means.
The next most straightforward build would be to use 3 piece harra for relevant + skills, and amazing stats like massive energy regen, and casting speed - both of which are lacking in this build. (If I’m being honest, this was the build I first tested all those months ago.
Both these setups have their respective set of pros and cons, and both are extremely viable/competitive.
However, if you want raw DPS - use the set up above.
Energy managment and alternative components/augmentsPersonally, I'm able to get by with 2x arcanum dust in naked crucible.
However, and I dunno why, ya1 and nery have both reported energy issues in their testing of the spec.
Perhaps it’s due to poor timing of energy pots (e.g. I only ever use energy pots when harp’s proc is active because I know I won’t waste harp’s 25% energy restoration), or perhaps I’m kiting too much and not spamming PB as often as they do, but this may prove to be an issue for other players.
These are the solutions they’ve adopted. NOTE - they did not apply all these changes, only what was needed to fit their piloting preferences.:
- Prismatic diamond <-- Also a great defensive pick up.
- Arcane spark
- 3x arcanum dust
- Royal jelly
Alternative skill point allocation
Obviously the one depicted in the GT above portrays my preferred use of skill points.
Both @ya1 and I disagree with this.
I’ve done the math and while the overall net gain of damage and OA gained from 12/12 fighting spirit is marginally greater, I personally don’t like the inconsistency.
Worth noting that the only reason why FS loses out here is because of the massive cunning dump which is more greatly amplified by anatomy of murder. In most cases, 12/12 FS would be better.
Casting speed is also your biggest means of sustain as you want to be lifestealing as frequently as you can.