[1.1.4.2-1.1.8.1] Shieldbreaker from A to Z, including end game, budget build+leveling guide

The Serentiy in the Grim tools shows defensive ability 3% increase LOL. But that makes sense if you get lucky and get the increase to phy, cun, and spr. Thank you.

1 Like

HI, lost my previous chars because of PC issues, restated using your build. have modified it a bit due to the MI drop from father Kymon. It has served me well but need some guidance to improve it. i now that i need to update my rings / amulet but what should i aim for
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRkPA4N

Nice to see my budget build idea come to live :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes I dis this build with your ideas after you left the forum. I think it’s working well.

Yeah I was just tired from all the patches killing my builds :wink: I played Diablo II like crazy until like a month ago

1 Like

I saw your video from YouTube and then your profile went missing. I was actually worried what was going on. Hopefully everything is OK. But now I am worried about my profile, it’s all connected with Google. :sweat_smile:

Yes I have to think about how to do guides and videos without google I think

Are you coming back to GD? Your guides and support was amazing.

Comming back? I already have 3 level 100 characters from my new restart :smiley:

Making new guides, not sure. First step would be to update the new ones, hopefully after 1.1.7 patch

2 Likes

I have a lazy man’s question, is this still viable in 1.1.7.1 with the same exact skills/items/devotions? im talking about the budget version

1 Like

Amulet definitely needs replacement. And to be honest Shieldbreaker have better options than EoR but usually needs specific gear. That’s why I’ve settled of building EoR SB, it’s cheaper.

1 Like

i just really really want to play EOR again, its the most fun for me. Im searching for EOR builds and i want to make the build from scratch because i love doing that, i couldnt find good budget ideas posted that are up to date. And this seems good im just concerned about the changes, for example dying god got nerfed, and one of its nodes(which this build doenst put a point in) got added 4% crit damage, should i take that node?

For EoR build it’s best to go DW but you need for that dedicated medal from end game build as you see. 2H it’s easier to achieve. You need Kraken devotion, that’s big boost. But because build can’t convert much of other flat damage types I went for DG. Korvaak it’s also an option, hmm. Last node isn’t mandatory, goal is to have proc for attack speed/crit damage and first few nodes for OA/DA.

For EoR build, I have to look also physical Warlord with shield, should also be an option. Tottaly Normal Shield is available in every game and there’s blue shield THIS which converts elemental to physical.

2 Likes

what if i still want to play fire EOR is this build still viable?

More or less viable, if you have the medal for end game version, DW version should be strong!

is this build viable for the current version of the game?

1 Like

I’ve done even more Vindicative Flame focused Health Regen version with crazy greens recently
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/wV1vMjzZ

• only one Alladra’s Spellblade, one weapon with VF skill modifiers
  • maxed out EoR / SF / VF / UW
  • Lightning conversion made up elsewhere
  • 1.4k - 2.8k Health Regen

However I didn’t like it immediately after starting testing and that’s where the story ends :wink:

1 Like

but you like it after getting up to speed?

I know this is the dw version, but is 2h classic EoR at all viable for endgame Crucible with Infernal Brimstone? I remember loving it a year ago and been picking up Grim Dawn again and wanting to give it a whirl.

1 Like

Infernal Brimstone is cool, although it lacks flat fire and physical to fire conversion, tough call between it and SharZul. But 2H should be still good, you’ll be hitting tougher.