[1.1.7.1] The Burn Ward - 5m Crucible Gladiator 150-170, SR 75-76 no greens caster Shieldbreaker [c+][g3][sr+]

What would be best offensive pick for the ammy here? If you wanted to speedrun and beat a record, no matter if solid or not?

Had some tests with, “annihilation”, i guess.
The one that grants you the meteor skill. Boosts judgement if i´m not wrong.

I guess Shard of Eternal Flame and pick up Canister

Azrakka’s sand amulet is definitly underrated. The proc is insanely good. Sometimes it feels like a better version of shattered realm amulet.

Any chance of an early leveling guide / devotion progression?

This is an endgame build. Something you transition to if you’re at least level 94 and got the required gear. Since this build will only work as intended with all the gear shown in the GT, I wouldn’t recommend leveling with it.

Here’s a detailed guide on leveling a Shieldbreaker, which also contains viable “budget options”. You’ll probably be much happier leveling with something like that.

2 Likes

Beyond the fact that this is a well rounded build, as usual, this one this seems to be a hell lot of fun! Might make me come back to the game :slight_smile:

2 Likes

levelled it with (dual wield) fire strike. up to a point where i realized that the spells (bwc etc) actually do more damage than my melee.

1 Like

So I should level to 94 which is a lot of hours with something completely different?

I dont think so, I’ll try to make it work with BWC from the start.

at about lvl50 I think I switched to being a caster.

1 Like

Imo leveling build and end game are different terms. Some skills can be good from level 1 to 100, some are not. Going caster is better than melee in first difficulty. You can always try BWC and if you struggle, change it to something else.

The point of beginners guides unlike end game setups isn’t to follow them directly to the letter but to find what and why is working for the author, respectively to you and after that to learn how to level builds yourself. But ultimately it’s your decision. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

If you don’t want super efficient leveling my advice is just to enjoy the game and try out everything. You can always respec your build at special NPC if something goes wrong or go back to the levelling guide.

About this build, you should have all the items for it to work as advertised and use exact devotions/skills after level 94. Or better at level 100.

1 Like

Well I just tried with BWC from the start and its going very well. It lacks a little damage on big hp single targets but melts everything else in seconds.

2 Likes

BTW is there any particular faction that we need to help in order to get specific items for the build? I haven’t played Forgotten Gods yet so I dunno much about what’s new regarding faction items.

do come back belzzz!

nope, not really. You have to farm them or trade them.

2 Likes

Lol this build does some serious damage, everything melts in half a second. When I got to 75 and equipped some of the gear (luckily I had a complete Infernal set already) I rushed Elite in like 3 hours. That’s my fastest personal record, ever. Can’t wait to get to 94.

2 Likes

Just came back to this game due to the new DLC. How does shieldbreaker compare to purifier? Just roughly going over the skill trees it seems the main thing purifier has going for it is the additional DR from censure while oathkeeper probably provides more damage. Is there any more detailed comparison/theorycrafting?

Breaker is best casters, purifier is best for ranged

There are so many Purifier builds and Shieldbreaker builds that it’s really hard to compare. If you compare casters, than Purifiers are tankiers, but Shieldbreakers deal more damage in Fire Specs. But I would say the main difference is playstyle: Shieldbreaker are very fast due to the fact that they don’t need to stay in Seal and great movement skill (Vire’s Might). Purifiers depend on Inquisitor Seal and also have less range on casters because of how Censure works. But again, Purifiers are much tankier.

1 Like