[1.1.5.0] Saving COLD DMG from oblivion - ranty thread/meta discussion

At no point should you have 4 bosses stacked on you, there’s damage aplenty to be mustered for nuking the closest one out of existence before you’re piled on. Seal is plenty enough for carrying my infiltrators through crucible from the budget tests to the silly 78% armor absorb <20% phys res variant where I don’t take ulo. The biggest benefit of seal is how it reduces the demand on your sustain for addressing minor hits and dot ticks. This greatly increases the time you stay at full health putting you out of reach of attacks that would kill a build at the wrong time if you instead had to heal off that piecemeal damage. Given that seal multi-dips on mitigation when the attack has multiple damage types I don’t think it’s outlandish to praise 190 absorb that can take 570 off a single hit.

Played Chillwhisper Reaper a little bit, so far my conclusions are that the necromancer side of the set doesn’t feel too amazing, nightblade is fine. From what i’ve seen/experienced the infiltrator side of the set is very solid, necro lacks enough RR.

Wish it had what Morgoneth set does for necro in terms of RR.

We need some cold conversion belts. We have belts that give 50% from most other damage types but almost no belts that take damage and convert to cold. Would love to see a lightning to cold conversion belt.

That will be nice but remember Gargoyle belt converts vitality to cold and there’s legendary belt with fire to cold conversion.

1 Like

There is also amongst epics:

• Mythical Skytear hat fire to cold 25%
  • Mythical Dementia offhand vit to cold 45%
  • Mythical Chillmane Mantle shoulders lightning to cold 25%
  • Dreadchill Grasp and Mythical Dreadchill Grasp vit to cold 25%
  • Mythical Vestment of Mourning lightning to cold 30%
  • Mythical Notched Bone of a Thousand Deaths vit to cold 25%
  • Bysmiel Soulbreaker chaos to cold 25%
  • Mythical Ulzaad’s Channeler vit to cold 25%
  • Dreeg Soulbearer Tome chaos to cold 25%
  • Malmouth Infermal Tome fire to cold 25%