[1.1.5.1] Demorgogoneth - 2H/DW Cold Shadow Strike Infiltrator

Hey nice Reaper Jabby … :face_with_monocle: it’s Infiltrator.

The time looks incredible and SS has found it’s home with Motgoneth set.

1 Like

Is that a stranger things reference?

Oh…you uninformed fool…:joy:

Demogorgon goes way back centuries but is better known from D&D as a Prince of the Abyss. You can see a miniature of him in the first “Stranger Things”-Episode when the kids play D&D. They named the monster after this.

Free lecture of knowledge nobody needs!

4 Likes

That’s what my grandma calls me

Great SS build, Jabby!

I think one thing tho and that is Calamitous medal together with softcapped RoS is worth exploring, imo. And Revenant is better off bound to RoS.

In case someone wants to level it here’s my cold SS infiltrator guide:

3 Likes

both posts happened to be posted within 2 days, just perfect.

Yes, but

Damn you old man… :rofl:
I thought it’s an original stranger things…

Interesting idea. Calamitous medal is BiS in spellbreaker setup for sure, but I am not sure here. OA from Shadow queen is just BIG.

Enjoy!

is there any “script” for this?

• Always have Word of renewal and Pneumatic Burst active

Maybe yes, but I’ve never used one.
Both skills are also nice for heal.

Leave sth for me to post this patch GODDAMNIT :wink:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrJoB3Z just a theoryrcraft so far whaddyathink? isn’t energy a problem? you got even less

Lol, I was trying to make one with legendary weapon though… :smile:

Energy is ok. High mana absorb and leech, no problem.
But that is because I just use ordinary auto attack when all the nuke is in cooldown. In your version, you will definitely lack in energy if you want to spam chain lightning also.

Interesting approach, if I make mine, I will just put some points on WPS though.
Fully converted anubar procs worth to try. Though its lightning part has such a high upper/lower bound values.

few questions:

• Why seal of skies when you can use seal of night
  • You can just use RoS to proc raise the dead.
  • that dagger affixes are too broken… :rofl:
  • I am not sure anymore about stormbox as supporting damage.
  • Inquisitor seal is very good for boss wave. Give you more defensive push to facetank multiple nemesis.

And as expected, further evidence that inquisitor still needs more nerfs.

Nah, leave Inquisitor alone.
It’s just expected that morg set will be better in infiltrator as it already has inherrent RR. Even trickster will be better than reaper with this set.

All the set gives to Necro is just RR :rofl:

Necro will still be a bad pair for every class that has a slightest incompatibility with it.

You asked me that on my latest Silver Sentinel. Skies = better leech both energy and life. I’d use Chillspikes otherwise. Also, got 100% cold. This doesn’t convert pierce.

But you’re right. With +5 to nightblade wps are cheap, and holding another button makes you cast SS less.

Not with a Chillheart.

How do you know it’s not legit? Prove it! Can’t hardcap NJE without. Would have to drop the whole lightning to cold concept and use two Loxes.

Don’t lose faith. It will be stealth de-nerfed in 1.1.5.2. I can feel it.

I know. But I don’t need it. I’m cool like that. I thought since you SS everywhere, why Seal?

I always forget that crippling RoS mod.

I also thought that at first. My first iteration of this build doesnt use seal, but it is inconsistent in boss wave. Then I put seal and the build become 100% consistent.
At trash wave, I only need it to proc ultos. At boss wave, I stay on the seal until I clear the whole nemesis. You will need to stand your ground anyway in boss wave.

But that maybe because I used 2H, which has no attack speed, less leech, and more prone to fumble.

Because you play 4 blessings, sir :smirk:

It’s really not. I play it in campaign also and it’s ok.

EDIT: just clear the whole Riggs’ quest with this, definitely OK! :stuck_out_tongue:

But afaik only greens support cold SS: Lox and Spectral Longsword. Also, afaik, outside fantasy affixes, only double Loxes can get both your SS and your NJE to hardcap. And last rank in NJE is worth all the trouble. What did you have in mind? Nex&Ortus? like https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2znElR2 ?

Just dropping it here to access it when I’m back home, pardon me https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EdxwbN. BTW this fantasy version with Box is real good, I like it (sub 5 viable). Quite a bit of lightning on the build except Box: Ultos, ring procs, augments.

BTW iirc you and Nery were the ones who started doing 4+3 first, right? Any tips? Switching from 3+1, I can’t handle all the freedom lol

1 Like

Told you seal is worth the point… :stuck_out_tongue:

I wanted to test N&O or 2xcrescent moon. Maybe also winter’s veil for super proc and frostburn version.

BTW, do you have energy issues with that box version?

Ahh, finally you are interested!!
Basically in trash wave, you want to herd all of enemy to the center, because there’s where you got most of the damage from beacon.

In nemeses wave, you may still want to concentrate on one nemeses first at one of the spawn point. Kill one or two, and try to herd them again to the beacons. Or just kill them in there is also ok.