[1.1.8.1*] Return of the poison queen - Vileblade DW Witch Hunter!

ok. that’s what i did. working great.

I went ahead and invested enough points to get all the way to wasting. blood of dreeg is a must have. also pox is really good. I forgot how good veil of shadow/night’s chill are, those are worth a few points even at the start.

Generally i haven’t been focusing too heavily on any one thing. of course i’m only level 30, so ezpz right now. I even ran across that level 30 boss hidden at the start (1st time i’ve ever found it) , and beat it when i was level 14 lol - it was a long fight though. and no start buffs for me, i’m doing this the hard way.

I figured at the start scattering the points around wouldn’t be too much of o problem. now i need to keep it focused. The only thing in occultist i figure i should keep increasing is blood of dreeg to increase the recovery.

on the devotion side i got ghoul right away. now i’ve got sailor’s guide, and now i’m trying to figure out where to go from there. my plan is to get murmur/rumor asap, to get that sweet OA shredding :slight_smile:

p.s. what are good leveling relics ? bladesworn talisman seems like an obvious choice, but i was thinking corruption, rampage or guile would work well too.

Thanks !

Yup Occultist is support mastery here. Blood of Dreeg and later Aspect of Guardian, combined with Vulnerability and Bloody pox is the main appeal. Later on you should select Possession, cause Nightblade don’t have exclusive skill.

You can try at devotions other than Murmur to get offensive ones. Guardians are for damage and Bat for sustain. Usually Sailors Guide is universal one, since you get physical resistance and more importantly move speed. I personally prioritize Bat over anything else, including Ghoul.

This 18% phys res and Possession’s dmg absorb is the main selling point here… This might be the best acid build now. Dervish is struggling like hell now with its lousy phys res, even the armor and da boost from Fervor doesn’t help. I literally couldn’t clear crucible without Courageous Tincture. But… once I took the Tincture, boom, 5:30! Derv is still the fastest!

Hey, I just noticed that Bat is not in the final devotion set-up on grim tools link. Is it just an intermediate devotion to use until you get higher in level ? i was going to try getting scorpion next and then that should allow me to get murmur.

It’s not? Can’t see devotions from my phone. Only if remember what was I doing :thinking:

Hi. Yeah just double-checked. Bat’s not used. I eagerly await the updated devotion set-up. :slight_smile: leveling is moving right along even though i started from empty stash. Just made a guile talisman and that seems to have noticeably helped. I’m trying to drop a few notes in here and there about leveling since most people don’t seem to start from scratch but use lots of wacky tricks, none of which i understand.

I too don’t understand starting with merits. , going back and forth to unlock shrines and quest, going to Crucible and etc. I always level in traditional way.

Merits are good to skip Elite. Skipping Normal makes no sense as you won’t survive in Ultimate with no gear and all res at -50%.

Yeah, that sounds good, since you can level in AoM and FG and find enough gear without being pressured. And reach respectable level. Then skip elite and go directly in Ultimate where quests are rewarded with big experience.

Starting directly in Ultimate isn’t something which I have tried and perhaps isn’t nice to be thrown straight to the wolves.

Here’s my build, about level 40 or so, in case it might be useful to someone starting out.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZq3xy42

It’s early yet, and i’m playing normal, not vet, but it’s doing really well. Most importantly - having a LOT of fun.

Not too much leveling advice to be had. guile is really useful, i actually noticed the difference. Also that miasma from chest seems to be quite strong. I’m finding the dreeg’s infinite gaze great for clearing out mobs.

otherwise, just keeping up with armor and making sure to use lots of augments on the armor to keep my resists up. Having said that resists are not even that good, but i clear fast, and even the bosses aren’t much of a challenge. However, I have NOT tried the steps of torment…

1 Like

Build updated to 1.1.5.1, thanks for the ideas to @dmt, @Valinov, @mad_lee and @thejabrixone

Video :

GT - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pbdpJZ

3 Likes

I don’t know what’s optimal here so I am gonna ask some noob questions:

• Why these pants? All they are doing for the build is helping with MR hardcapping which I imagine is not really that important. Mythical Slithscale or Barbaros seem like better offensive options and Arcane Harmony seems like a better defensive option (useful resists, damage, 100 spirit which is also damage, massive DA and crafting bonus)
  • It seems like one Widow’s Sting ring offers a bit more flat.
  • Are you sure that Iceskorn are positively better than Viperfang gloves?
  • And Occultist Conduit with -RR to Bloody Pox, have you tested it?
1 Like

The thing is lot of things are changed and I hate testing every single piece of gear, so maybe something isn’t optimal. But my build is virtually immortal now on top of doing damage, so I am happy about it. So…

1. Pants are flexible, I wanted to use acid, cause already am using other damage type gear and don’t want to harm my %damage. Also resistances are fitting.

2. Rings, wanted to use the new ones and their proc is great. The thing is in my previous test version had lot more vitality damage for conversion. Now it’s not important so one Widow sting might be better indeed.

3. LA and massive crit boost. Also craftable slot and pierce resistance. Just all round good gloves. But Venom ones are nice, nice bit of OA and poison. Debatable decision.

4. Nightblade +skills is important and more range is better than what you might expect, so I think it’s better. Plus build is already solid on RR.

but according to your calc you only benefit from elemental res on those pants

I think few runs with each pair of gloves would decide.

I agree about skills and range (is it that important tho?), but I think I would test it if I were you. Especially ince you are already using Bloody Pox.

Nice new setup. I like the Oath medal with 60 cold wpn dmg for ABB (like 140 acid to ABB mod). I don’t like the pants. You got pierce and bleed res in abundance. Last ranks to Merciless are nice, though, and good for ABB.

I do not like Manticore. Especially on ABB. What’s the chance? 23% Against single bosses you don’t got it.

Some advice. Put RoS on Tainted Eruption. Cooldown is the same. Unless you want Tainted nice and regular then on SS it’s pretty much guaranteed. This is why I like SS on Rumor.

1 Like

Thanks for your input! Actually ABB is nice procee against AoE but yeah 27% is slim chance against single target.

SS with Nightfall have AoE spread and it’s the best procer for Tainted Eruption but your configuration makes sense.

Btw I played both WH and Dervish, although WH is slower the survivability now is great. Just see ~50% physical resistance on top of Possession, health is lot more stable.

Not just that. SS has 3 strikes on single target and (one from each weapon and one from Nightfall) 1 strike on every target in range (Nightfall). In a mob there’s almost no chance something doesn’t proc, and even against a single boss the chance is in the high eighties.

SS usually goes as the first cast in the rotation. So I prefer it to carry a debuff. So that things ABB and Tainted Eruption already fall on debuffed enemies. But this is a personal preferrance with minimal real effect.

Member the times when Nery used to have cool pictures in his builds? I member…

1 Like

I have so many builds, I run out of cool pictures :smile:

1.1.8.1 Update

GRIM TOOLS LINK :arrow_right: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyXjJwV

Crucible run of 4:41!

And Moggy kill:

5 Likes