[1.1.7.1] Alaska Nebraska | Ranged Purifier | Stronghold Fire Strike | Dungeons | SR 85 | CR 170

Update 1.1.7.1

Stronghold_5

Grimtools

Version History

Grimtools 1.1.5.1

Grimtools 1.1.3.1

Shattered Realm

SR 85

SR 75 & 76

Crucible

CR 150 170 by Slev1n NEW VIDEO

Celestials

Celestial Lokarr

Roguelike Dungeons

Dungeons Mix

Special thanks: Safarel, ArchHeretic, mad_lee, KoS9K and Ricardi0

I also want to thank all Safarel Discord Community

10 Likes

Information

Stun Res in game doesn’t match Grimtools
Because items have been crafted for Stun Res

Atack Speed in game more at 12% than in Grimtools
Because incorrectly shows bonus of Justicar Guard set

Play this build is dangerous for your computer

1 Like

OH ranged / Shield is looking good on your purifier. Not too many spells, seems fun to play. I am going to level this up. Thank you for sharing your builds.

1 Like

For those not aware - OP (omnitrio) has posted a similar build, but with a Paladin.

As someone who had recently fallen in love with this gear setup, I have taken some time to compare the two to the best of my abilities. Please keep in mind that I am fairly new to this build (and Grim Dawn in general).

With that, these are my findings:

While comparable in damage, Purifier leads by a bit. I think it’s because the AoE effect of Explosive Strike and Brimstone works really well in dealing with crowds. Paladin may give offensive buffs comparable to the Purifier, but it doesn’t have the equivalent of the aforementioned skills.

In terms of survivability, however, Paladin leads by a very good margin. It has a lot more defensive buffs gained from skills (Consecration, Haven, Clarity of Purpose, etc.) Which gives things like %armor, %shield block chance and damage, stun/freeze duration reduction, and more. Also, Vire’s Might is an additional repositioning skill if your faction augment is on cooldown. Compared to that, Purifier has a bit of DA from Temper, and while Blast Shield is very potent, it also has a fairly short active time (4 sec) and a fairly long downtime (12 sec & the skill only enters cooldown after active time has ended).

In closing, when using this gear & devotion setup, I like the Paladin more because of a more solid defense. Fortunately for my Purifier, I’ve got the Dagallon’s Set farmed.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing the build - really enjoy playing it :slight_smile:

However i am pretty new to the GD and i have some questions…

1. What do you think about using: mythical band of eternal fire and mythical combustion band instead of reign of ice and fire ? These two gives higher dps and granted skills gives decent synergy imo.
  2. Mythical pyroclasm mark instead of mark of calamitous desires ? Flat fire dmg and atk. speed seems really nice.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts about this :slight_smile:

Hi) I’ve made new version of this build https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V034by2

Mythical Band of the Eternal Pyre one of the worst ring in the game. it is realy a meme ring

Ice and Fire I use for Life Leach but in last patches was many changes
And now I use another ring, relic and augments

Update: I use Mark of Calamitous Desires because this medal give A LOT of flat OA and energy regeneration
In such build it need at least 13-15 in GT, if you have less mana regen than the play will not be very comfortable

Build Update 1.1.5.2

Crucible Speed?

If you wanna know how fast it’s in cruci
I can give you save five, 'cos I don’t play cruci

I made 5.46 in crucible, Omni will add the vid later

1 Like

Now we know how fast it can be :dizzy:

Super Puper Thanks :heartbeat:

2 Likes

hello i tryed your build dying at CR 154 sometimes i get to 159 but its really hard i guess i am not doing wrong just spamming spells and holding firestrike i really dont know …

Hi
Can you show exactly your char-grimtools?
And maybe you can make a short video with your promblems?

yeah sure there is the vid i feel very squishy in your video you facetank 170 easy
https://vimeo.com/387154332
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbMmqz2 (missing prismatic diamond)

dying at SR 65 at chunk 2 vs nemesis aswell i have the vid cant post it now i need to be doing something wrong

I carefully watched the video and GT and what can I say:

1. you don’t have 2 points in Inq Seal - this is one of the main def skill with dmg absorp
  2. you don’t take Thermite Mine on full points - this is give you additional -8% RR
  3. Searing Light must be at 6 poitns - and use by CD 'cos this skill can save of any attack (with chanse ofc)
  4. Diamond in head - have dmg absorp too
  5. Don’t use Gaze of Berenath skill - it’s useless, but then you cast it you don’t hit (and don’t have lifesteal too)

All these things increase your survival rate. The points you can take from Arcane Empowerment.

Also Mad Queen the hardest enemy in SR and one of the hardest in Crucible. You should always be careful with it and not attack outside Inq Seal. This enemy have skill which returns dmg than you hit. So when you see that MQ have turned on the red aura, stop hit.

On boss levels try to stand near the wall. Big enemies will interfere with each other and not hit you.

I am farming up to this same build as a (relatively) new player. I am missing half the items (rings, amulet, medal and belt - man I wish trading was simple enough to undertake :frowning:) and I was able to do SR 65-66 3 times out of 4 (ultimate, no potions). The 1 time I failed was because I didn’t have room to dodge Alexander’s meteors without aggroing all the other bosses. So I think the build is definitely strong enough for SR65-66.

If you’re dying on chunk nemesis, then maybe ignore them and kill the mobs to proceed. My half-finished character can feel a bit squishy too against certain enemies - but try to utilize some mobility skill (I’m sure there’s better ones out there, but I’m using Glyph of Disorder for example because it’s instant).

1 Like

Hi
Belt is very important for this build, 'cos it give super power full bonus set bonus WPS

In each build I’m using Rune of Displacement, 'cos only this rune can do this:

1 Like