Despite Beronath’s and retal DE nerfs, it is still strong and nice to play so I decided to make a build with it. Credits to @x1x1x1x2 as the first one who made retal DE build and to @kos9k for making this setup.
- Helmet - BiS for phys retal builds. Unless you have legendary version, you may use the epic one;
- Armor - 3 pc of Dawnguard’s set for massive retal bonus and resists;
- Weaponry - despite nerfs, I still consider Beronath very good option. As for shield, it is also BiS here; these affixes are best or nearly best but what you actually need is its mod to DE;
- Boots - may be replaced with M. Stonetreaders but these ones have more flat retal damage;
- Belt - huge amount of resists, flat retal;
- Rings - very good here but may be replaced with well-rolled Creeping Rings or Opened Hand/Closed Fist;
- Relic - yes, it’s Reckoning. Yes, I’ve tested Absolution and results were more than minute worse.
PROS AND CONS OF THE BUILD
- Very simple and very tanky build, capable of doing the majority of game content (except some superbosses);
- Very safe gameplay - you can just stand in the middle, hold RMB and watch everything die.
- Some gear (helm and shield) is very hard to get.
CRUCIBLE - my fastest run is 6:14, may be better with some better piloting, I think. Also, never did >7 mins with this build.
SHATTERED REALM - 75/76 FULL RUN