[1.1.5.2] [HC] The Immortal Army - Pet Dervish - Beginner Friendly Pet build! Super fast MC farmer!

Thank you! I ended up putting Shadow Strike on the right click… and left click lol. Loving the build as it only has 2 other buttons to press. I only have 1 hand so that makes it very comfortable to play. Lvl 95 currently. Farming for components/augments and to finish off the build.

Gratuitious Promo: twitch.tv/jaymethiel

1 Like

@Contragor, loving your Build. Easy to play (playing the fire one) and so much fun. One Question: Is it somehow viable to do shattered Realms (65-66) or Crucible? Thx in advance

1 Like

65-66 is very doable but I don’t recommend pushing it in hardcore. It’s got one flaw - low physical resistance. If we could fix that, would make the build truly OP. I tried it against Calla but no hope, he/she can oneshot you easily.

2 Likes

I’ve got a level 100 melee Dervish that I want to respec into this build for easier farming. A few questions-

1. Is it rare to get an acid affix on the Barthollem gavel? I’ve got a dozen maces at this point but haven’t hit acid yet. I’d run fire if I could get the helm to drop but see point 2
  2. Is it rare to get a fire affix on the magi helms? I’ve got about 8 of those at this point, two of which have acid, none of which have fire
  3. Can this build run Lokarr?

The drops are total RNG, just keep farming and you will eventually get a drop you are after.

I use the fire build with the Living Shadows devotion proc and it is the ONLY build of mine from 38 others that can actually kill Lokarr. It is also one my best builds that can survive farming the “Dark One” set that drops from the areas far right of the Lokarr portal.

It requires a lot of kiting for Lokarr, but with patience you will wear him down and kill him.

Other bosses and Nemesis I have no problem so far in taking down with this build are …

1. Alkamos (just pop a Hoarfrost Ointment for good luck)
  2. Moosilake (easy kill)
  3. Benn’Jarr (easy kill)
  4. Iron Maiden (kiting kill)
  5. Kaisan (LOTS of kiting, but he does die)

I don’t have nemesis status with the other factions yet, but the build is pretty sturdy and I am sure some of them will be a piece of cake and others will be a nightmare.

I did try Callagadra, but sadly she is just TOO much OTT for me at this stage. :grim_dawn:

Ziller’s Chonky Dervish seems to be the updated version of this. Skips the gavel and has 20k health. I use to farm SR 75-76 and Callagadra ([1.1.7.0] Chonky Dervish - a poison stacking beefcake)

I have managed to come up with three versions of the fire build that have fixed everything and use no double rare greens - only single rares. The affixes are mostly interchangable and none are used twice. One version doesn’t even need specific affixes for bonuses to blade spirit and guardians. I think all can do SR 65-66 easily (I have already done that with an inferior version of this build). I will test it later today or tomorrow. Also on monday I will post an acid version of the Immortal Army that is done on a different concept.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2Jkn8EV
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lV7beAO2
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9D6Aa2

From these three versions you can do more available combinations of affixes that will work. If you find a better one, please post it. Take it as a baseline. I think it is now ready for adding it to the build compendium.

Nice build indeed, just finished FG on ultimate with subpar setup
I’m still leveling this in campaigns and just hit lvl 82 and equipped the full blazeseer set.
Not as tanky as the skelemance cabalist but easier to play as you don’t have to resummon/heal your minions
I still use the EOR and the nemesis but both seem to add little compared to the guardains. Need to respect out of those when I hit lvl94
Also learned the hard way when fighting big bosses to disable shadow strike…
One more thing! Adding ring of frost to ring of steel is really nice for crowd/heros control

Edit: Finished act 4 ultimate including mad queen and hidden path hitting lvl 90, using fire version. All bosses except Krieg (which I tried to tank- bad move) were deathless.
Survivability can be an issue in some situations due to enemies agrro only on you and poor defenses and crowd control. Looking for ideas on how to improve that aspect.

Hey boyzZ, im new in the game, i finished a Vanilla game and Ashes of Malmouth on “normal” difficulty and actually have lvl 65 and did all possible Devotion Shrines there (36/47) and now starts Forgotten Gods oFc on normal diffiiculty. My question what faction should i pick in Forgotten Gods desert city if i playing this build in acid variant?
Cult of Solael :grey_question:
Cult of Dreeg :grey_question:
or myby
Cult of Bysmiel :grey_question:

And one more question how can i transfer my dmg to acid and to my pets, im new so dont know much about end game and crafting, so i beg about simply clear answers, much appreciate.

My english sucks, becouse i dont use it offten but i hope you can uderstund what i’m saying.

Regard "Piotr from Poland"

I have tested one of the setups I posted in SR 65-66. It does SR 65-66 easily, most of the time you can facetank everything. You can always kite in some tough scenarios. Grava has to be kited always. Also put one point into Vire’s Might for quick escape. I have forgotten to do that in my links.

I don’t think it matters. Check out the Vendors they have if you like something what they are selling. Farm reputation then for all of them so that you have acces to all ther augments.

I just got the formula for conduit of night whispers, however when I look at the blacksmith window the blade spirit parts are not there (1.1.7.2).
At the current stats this item is practically worthless for the build now.

Was this item nerfed or is it maybe under ‘random stats’?

It is one of the random prefixes you can get upon crafting. They have random resistances as suffixes you get as well. Check out the GrimTools link to see the possibilities here: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11247

Thanks, I just crafted the amulet and got the prefix with the blade barrier regen
Odds are 1/9 and at 250k a craft this seems like a recipe for bankruptcy

Crafting in GD is too expensive generally. It should change. That is why many people started with GDstash because of this and the greens.

Finished AOM and hit level 100
So far 1.2 M bits and 5 falied attempts with the amulet. As far as it goes your main option to get this amulet is get lucky or cheat with GDstash.
Build is good for general farming but has some survivability issues

Maybe I’ll look for a good build that can do SSF and tank most bosses to pass the next week or two. Path of farming is still on unfortunately

Try one of my versions I posted few posts above.

Wow, our Immortal Army builds may have just gained a crazy new bonus with latest patch?
My build now has 6 Guardians instead of 5 from the new (I think) stats on Barthollems Gavel

I may be wrong, but I do seem to remember having max 5 Guardians as immortals and now am excited with this 6 Guardians - AWESOME.

Apologies if this info is incorrect, my Immortal Army build has not been played for a long while, but I do recall that I only had 5 Guardians and if the Barthollems Gavel summons boost is not new, then I must have missed it many patches away.

1 Like

It is from this patch. Patch notes is published on the forum

I read the patch notes that and that is why I tried my build again. The Barthollem’s Gavel now shows “+2 Summon Limit”. Was it not +1 in pre-patch version?