[1.1.8.1*] Lightning AAR Mage Hunter no set , CR+/SR 85

Hmmm alright I’ll give it a shot. At least Sister Crimson is easy to farm. Also helps me get Eldritch nemesis with more chars. :smile:

2 Likes

Check the updated thread!

New glassier version video of 4:56!

4 Likes

@Nery Any change that you can upload this one? Would love to try it out.

a bit triggered by the lack of null but god damn, that’s an unreal result mate and very tight build! I wonder what Plasmo could’ve done with it if you managed 4:56. Probably another 4:15 build )

With Malawiglenn’s Lightning AAR Mage Hunter beginner build guide pulled off of the forum, what would you say is the best extant leveling guide for a Lightning AAR Mage Hunter build at the moment? How would you say BOG’s guide compares to Malawiglenn’s guide?

Basically, I’m just looking for a good beginner’s guide to putting together a Lightning AAR Mage Hunter as a starter character–something to help provide some direction for a starting player in leveling, gear farming, and putting together a build like this.

I guess I am also confused about why there are so many points put into Spirit in this build when the beginner guides tend to suggest putting as much into physique as possible outside of gear requirements. Does that have to do with the choices of gear in this build that a beginner/budget build might not have available? (i.e. beginner builds use physique dumps to work better with lesser gear, but this build has gear that works particularly well with a spirit dump, or something like that?)

1 Like

Malawiglenn is the master of the beginners guides but Bog’s Mage Hunter is good too.

Well physique is the most important attribute giving you both defensive ability and health. For most builds it’s worth to invest most of the points there. That’s especially true for budget builds which can’t have as much DA or health as some end game builds.

Spirit dump is something which is happening a lot recently on elemental based casters. Spirit gives you big % damage boost and covers energy regeneration too. So for end game builds it’s the best way to proceed. Furthermore Arcanist have Inner focus, which gives you massive %spirit bonus and gives you even more reasons to take flat spirit.

But leveling and end game are different concepts. Plus it’s up to players to decide. Bog’s build with Light Defender for example is gimped, cause you can reach a point where you’re over invested in defense and best way to use AAR with this Pulsing shard is to dish big damage and to utilize it’s attack damage converted to health mode.

Also check this:

It’s a joke, but you could see some cheap gear I used and different slightly defensive devotion route. But also spirit investment…

1 Like

hi, i chanced upon your build…can u give a more detail leveling guide as in which skills to take first till your final build?

Hmmm true dps king you say Nery? :zantai:

Well I have posted beginners build for Mage Hunter but not AAR.

The key if you want to level with AAR is to have enough energy regeneration, cause AAR is energy hungry. So you need 4x energy components like Ectoplasm and some energy affixes on gear. I usually find stuff like ‘‘Insight’’ that can help you. So you can start with Olexra+Fireblast from component or Words of Pain and later switch to AAR.

About gear you’ll need the green MI to work as lightning build and rush to the end of Inquisitor mastery to take Aura of Censure, devotions your priority is RR, so start with Elemental Strom and work your way to Widow. That’s for lightning AAR of course.

My build is the DPS king for lightning AAR :wink:

That’s aether Binder, right?

Yes, that one is the aether one. Pro tip btw, use non myth dawnshard so you can dump more spirit :grin:

Pro tip, skip them entirely.

Hey you are using my words against me, are you a judge/cop? :smile:

1 Like

Nah, its cool, just teasing :)). I blame the thrill for 1.1.6.0

1 Like

Best build I tried so far with my mage hunter… but don’t have perfect gear yet. The damage is awesome. But (and I know I must be a bad player and doing something wrong), I’m still always having a hard time staying alive with this class… even with my resist at 80%. Most of the time, it seems I’m pretty “tanky”, but with some monsters, I get completely recked… like with the boss in the cellar in gloomwald. I died 3 times in a row!!! Must be doing something really wrong… Think I’m gonna keep playing with my pet conjuror… less frustrating.

Lightning AAR was nerfed hard but still is great build. If you’re dying:

• check your resistances overcaps if you’re shredded
  • increase DA if you’re crit
  • If you don’t have enough sustain add Bat to Storm box.

Mage Hunter is very tanky class but different type of tanky.

I wonder if the Lightning AAR is better than the Fire AAR version? I’ve got the end-game equipment for both and leveled with Lightning (but just lvl 70 or so, didn’t touch the toon in a while).

It’s hard to say after the nerfs but previously lightning was godlike.

how is lighting aar now with the recent changes to crimson’s arcane scepter?
is lightning stil good for aar build?

AAR was nerfed actually pretty hard but weapon is somewhat better, cause it gives you more versatility when it comes to gearing, you can change one ring and still reach full conversion for example. Build should be good enough.

Build is completely remade in 1.1.8.1. All-round version for Crucible and SR.

Build

GRIM TOOLS :arrow_right: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAmGeDV

Crucible run of 4:34!

SR 85 video:

Moggy the super boss+ Crucible naked with extra spawns:

5 Likes