[1.1.9.8] Pierce Brosnan: 4:20 Crucible 150-170, SR90, all content+ resilient pierce caster Infiltrator [c+][sr+] (+bonus build inside)

@mad_lee, nice build! Did you try similar concept, but for mage hunter build?

huh, no, Mage Hunter doesnā€™t have Blade Spirits I am afraid :slight_smile:

So @banana_peel @sir_spanksalot

I have tested Bananaā€™s spec (basically two of your specs are identical but Banana is a ā€œgreedierā€ one with slightly more damage). Did two runs:

• First run: died at 161 to meteor one shot. My bad, but was eating them before, probably shouldnā€™t eat them with lowered phys res.
  • Second run: had good mutators and was going reaaaally fast:

But died at 5:08 mark to Kuba, Alex, Korvaak. So my impressions: definitely faster, but not by much. Like 10-15 seconds faster tops. Consistency drops tho. It wasnā€™t a tanky build to begin with, balancing it into consistent farmer was not easy, itā€™s a Pierce caster after all, so no Censure, and adtch from Biting Blades + Bat is not that great. So if you are a confident pilot, you can glassify it for a bit more damage and try to outplay difficult waves.

But if you are want to legitimately farm with this build - my version is better, just because it can already do 4 runs in one blessings duration, so making it faster does not give us anything really besides bragging rights. Although itā€™s a great Lego build - it only need few key pieces that are build-defining and you can easily build around them and tune the build towards more damage or tankiness.

Thatā€™s actually significantly faster at this clear speeds tbh

At those speeds - definitely. But as I said, it doesnā€™t improve the build since it already farms at 5:30-5:45 speeds. Itā€™s better to do ten 5:45 runs then do 9 5:30 ones and die one time.

EDIT: and when you glassify it like that it feels like itā€™s gonna be more than one death per 10 runs

1 Like

Windshears dooooeeeeeee

Do you think they gonna give us more damage or you want that dodge proc? Because they give like 30% more Pierce damage if you take into account Physique conversion on Final March.

That dodge proc is freaking invaluable if you are willing to pay attention to its up time

Itā€™s also craftable.

All snippets from the same naked Cr run with budget spite.

You can just watch ~8s of each video to see how potent windshears are, especially when paired with shadow dance and dark dreams:

I think you are tad overrating it here since on the video you are playing with a super mighty spec that heals back to full hp no matter the damage with one cast, itā€™s a different story with this caster. Maybe together with green shoulders with a slow res roll from and a belgo ring it could be quite useful.

As I said, this build is a construcktor, and you can build it around key-items depending on what you have and your preferences. Bis spec will involve some impossible greens tho anyway and for realistic spec I think mine is pretty solid, Final Marches are at least on par with Windshears, imo.

untrue. your damage is greater than mine here, because iā€™m comparing a naked build to a buffed/bannered build.

your sub-6 clear speed is evident of that.

also, you should be far more resilient than my build with ulo + empyrion buff

EDIT: Why do you think I had to keep dancing around reapers?

Nope, your best naked run was 5:50 ish? Thatā€™s just 20 seconds slower than this build. And you play a game of chicken a lot in naked Crucible - never actually unleashing a full damage potential of your build, because you need to move a lot, thus losing a lot of damage. But in moments where you take stands itā€™s pretty clear that your damage and leeching ability is no match for Pierce Brosnan.

But anyway, I am not sure what we are arguing here about. As I said, you can build this Pierce Brosnan however you want when you have the key items. Windshears can definitely be a viable choice if you roll that slow roll on pants or shoulders.

Iā€™ve reached a point of balance with my set of items - build is balanced around speed and consistency and is worth posting, in my opinion. Someone would prefer to glassify it for more damage, someone would like to build around Korvoran chest, etc. etc.

With a BiS set-up using 3x double rolled greensā€¦

1. BiS: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/L2JpW5aZ
  2. Budget: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN46w3rV

Dudeā€¦just test it.

with ulo buff and aura of conviction you have about 46 - 48% phys res.

You also have inqui seal.

All I have is 18% phys res, and windshears.

Now imagine if you add that dodge proc on top your defences

very debatable.

positioning is the key to maximizing damage in naked crucible, i can promise you that.

What do you want me to test? Windshears + what? And for what reason? I have already figured out that Korvoran chest + green shoulder + Orissian ring is a faster but glassier spec. And my spec is already polished.

Test korvoran + chosen epulets + ring + windshears

The latter of which should shore up the defences in this glassier version, with a minimal loss in dps

All right, man, just because I love you:

So I did three runs with this spec https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKLmdE2:

1st run: neutral mutators 5:59
2nd run: died to Mad Queen. Your and Banana Peelā€™s spec with projectiles from Korvoran and Orissia make her aura go haywire. But my bad, could be avoided.
3rd run: neutral mutators 6:09

Very small sample, but just from piloting it it felt tankier than the spec with Magelords (duh), but less tankier than mine. I have no idea why the runs were so slow. I was trying to facetank where possible. But obviously, with less tankiness I had to move around a bit more thus losing a bit of damage.

After all those tests here are my thoughts: Bladetwister might be a trashy ring but it scales very well on Nemesis waves where it will certainly proc against couple of big guys. OA scales very well because of shotgun effect from Blades of Wrath, delaying those procs with lower OA might be an overall damage loss, but not sure.

But most importantly additional AOE damage from Korvoran and Orissia ring might be overrated on this spec as it already has pretty great aoe coverage.

Hope that satisfies your curiousity, Spanks. And my initial spec holds up! I can upload all three videos if you want, gonna take like 6-7 hours, so let me know in advance.

2 Likes

Damn. Thanks for thag testing!

no problem. Just found out that third run (the slowest) had level 2 Vanguard banner tho, so shouldā€™ve been 20 seconds faster at least.

1 Like

Well, in this case what about SB? :wink:

You can actually make a decent Pierce SB, maybe @Valinov will share his one day!

2 Likes

BTW, do we have support for pierce OFF/CT or pierce runes? Still want to play around with mage hunter.

Few words about dodge. Itā€™s a big contributing factor to the defense if stacked very high. But itā€™s no Mirror or even Ghoul. Iā€™ve made a Valdun joke build with almost 100% constant dodge and avoid proj. And i had Inq. Seal. And was still dying in Crucible like a fly.

You die to debuffs and spells in Crucible. Second threat is shotguns and meteor (projectiles). Melee attacks are a lesser threat.

1 Like