[1.1.9.8] Pierce Brosnan: 4:20 Crucible 150-170, SR90, all content+ resilient pierce caster Infiltrator [c+][sr+] (+bonus build inside)

%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

*when you ran out of ideas for build pictures like 5 builds ago

Bonus build is at the end of the post

Foreword

The idea for this piercing magic was born when I was testing different variations of a well known Pierce Blade Arc Blademaster. Looking at Mythical Nadaan’s Reach I thought that the concept of a pierce caster is worth exploring and given that successful pierce casters have been done before, (like this pierce rune Infiltrator by @Plasmodermic), I decided to make something worth playing myself.

Update 1.1.9.8 - Return of the King!

So Zantai was really in a good mood and granted pardon not only for one toxic builder but also to the whole archetype: Pierce casters got their toys back which means this build is alive again! Both Nadaan sword and Treacherous Means belt got their global Elemental to Pierce conversion back that means that this prototype Pierce caster is back with vengeance!

Build is extremely durable and can take on any challenge in the game (you gonna have to kitefest Callagadra tho). Plus it’s relatively cheap and some pieces are interchangeable!

Update 1.1.7.2 - Builder’s Rebuke

Sigh, Crate completely ruined conversion on Nadaan targeting this build among others. Pretty sad.

Oh well, had to rework the build and make it a bit stronger than before. And it’s easier to gear now.

Update 1.1.7.1

Decided to add Attuned Lodestone to the build - proc is just too good pass up.

Update 1.1.7.0

Redid this monster with some new gear and devotions. Unfortunately, Vengeance relic has to go in favour of more stable Serenity option. Build is an absolute slayer tho and is even faster than before.

Update 1.1.6.2 - part 2

Vengeance relic is here to stay! Build is insanely fast now.

Update 1.1.6.2

So after a little bit of drama with Blade Spirits Conduits this build comes back to life! Modernized this spec a bit and made seperate versions for Crucible and Shards 75+ (Shattered version is still perfectly capable in Crucible).

The Build

<<<<GRIMTOOLS>>>>*

*Rolls on green pants are mostly irrelevant, but try to get ones with some stats. Try to get Slow Resistance on either pants or shoulders or medal.
**Craft for slow and stun resist
***You can drop Shadow Strike if the build is too much piano for you

Heart-piercing questions

Pierce Storm Box? Pierce Biting Blades? What is this dark sorcery?
Actually, most of the damage in the build is done by Blade Spirits. Everything else is for support damage, proccing and sustain
Why so many points in Storm Box then? Can’t you invest them somewhere else?
Storm Box deals decent damage, and with more investment it has higher aoe damage for better proccing and DA debuff that amplifies the damage from other skills

Why not take Chillspikes? They seem to have more damage, plus component gives OA
Initially tested with them, damage is indeed a bit better, but ADTCH is low because of low weapon damage
How crucial are green pants to build’s performance?
I’d say they are nice to have, but build works perfectly fine without them if your pants patch stats/resists that you are missing

Gear/Skills/Devotions/Leveling

Core of the build is Nadaan’s Reach sword. Everything else is interchangeable, just gather enough %damage, stats and resists. The combination of gear that I’ve used is pretty much optimal here, in my opinion.
You can invest a couple of skill points into Horn of Gandarr or/and Shadow Strike if you are prepared to play the piano: it might help in high Shards and with mobility.
Devotion map is somewhat standard for two-handed Pierce builds albeit a bit conservative.
For leveling check out levelin guides on these forum. This is the endgame build and it works the way it was advertised once you equip core build items/skills/devotions at level 100.

Stats

General (before Deadly Aim)
изображение

Defense
изображение

Videos

1.1.9.8 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:16 run

1.1.9.8 Shards 75-76 7:10 run (no short rooms)

1.1.9.8 Ravager 1:34 kill

1.1.9.8 SR90 5:45 run (one death)

1.1.7.2 romanN1’s Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:50 run

1.1.7.2 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:42 run

1.1.7.2 Shards 75-76 8:29 run

1.1.7.2 Shards 75-76 9:43 run (one death)

1.1.7.1 Plasmodermic’s Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:29 run

1.1.7.1 Shards 75-76 7:26 run

1.1.7.1 Shard 90 boss chunk (couple of deaths)

1.1.7.1 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:51 run

1.1.7.1 Shards 75-76 8:26 run

1.1.7.1 Shards 75-76 7:54 run (one death)

1.1.7.0 Slev1n’s Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:35 run

1.1.7.0 Crucible Gladiator 150-170 4:55 run

1.1.7.0 Shards 75-76 9:30 run

1.1.7.0 Shards 75-76 9:35 run

1.1.7.0 Shards 75-76 12:58 run

1.1.6.2 Double Armored Mutator Crucible Gladiator 5:28 run

1.1.6.2. Crucible Gladiator 150-170 5:16 run

1.1.6.2 Super glassified max damage version Plasmodermic’s insane 4:30 run

1.1.6.2 Vengeance Shattered Spec SR 75-76 10:14 run

1.1.6.2 Crucible Gladiator 5:12 run w/Vengeance relic

1.1.6.2 Crucible 5:34 run

1.1.6.2 SR 75-76 13:24 run (few deaths, Shattered spec)

1.1.6.2 SR 75-76 11:34 run (no deaths, Shattered spec)

My fastest 5:07 run

Plasmodermic’s super fast 5:09 run

Average Crucible Gladiator 5:45 run

Faster Crucible Gladiator 5:32 run

5:44 Crucible run with a “budget helmet” (cowl of the blind assassin)

Shattered Realm 75-76 11:54 run (with few avoidable deaths)

In Conclusion

Shout-out to the builder’s community and especially to @sir_spanksalot and @Plasmodermic who were one of the pioneers of utilizing pierce Blade Spirits setup on their Spite Blademaster.

Bonus Build: Guy Pearce (6:30 Crucible, Pierce Rimetongue Infiltrator)

<< GRIMTOOLS >>

I actually tried it just for the memes, but it works. Somewhat tanky too. Worse in every way than Pierce Brosnan tho.

Videos

6:12 Crucible 150-170 run

20 Likes

No guns 0/10

4 Likes

By God, do I love biting blades

Lead us to glory, o’ seal of my heart.

@mad_lee:

IMO adcth is lower for chillspikes* for 2 reasons:

1. You don’t get 100% penetration like you do with BB. You also don’t get the boomerang effect
  2. Lower CS + overall lower WD

Hate puns unless there is some extra cheese in them, in other words get an upvote :cheese:

You sure Harra is best here? Korvoran chest with decent rolls on Chosen Epaulets and an actual ring instead of Bladetwister might be better.

1 Like

that’s exactly what I said :stuck_out_tongue:

But lee hates greens. Using that pair of pants probably brought him to the brink of an aneurysm

Nice 2H Blade Arc build… actually 2H Blade Spirits/Biting Blades caster :dizzy_face:

Nice idea and results!

And first time I am seeing Malmouth Blade seal in end game build.

I mean… Chosen Epaulets are easier to farm than any Purple. That must be taken into account, i think.

1. Zantai actually nerfed them to shreds so Biting Blades are on suicide watch :grimacing:

Ring is indeed pure trash, but Harra’s combo is pretty good. The moment you unequip Harra’s Chest you lose 150 OA, something I have no idea how to compensate for. And shoulders offer insane amount of defensive stats that green shoulders just can’t roll (so we are going to be missing at least slow res and phys res).

EDIT: But you guys can offer your gear combination setups and I might test them later.

1 Like

Compensate it with raw damage from korvoran’s proc. that shit is nuts. It does such an amazing job at aggroing.

If you haven’t tested it, it might be worth doing 1-2 runs with it.

If you really want OA, just switch the medal to direwolf

So throw together in Grimtools what you think would be a better setup and I will test it. You too, @banana_peel. This build is pretty flexible when it comes to gear choices.

But don’t you think Dark Dreams is bis here due to added VoS radius? It’s a caster faster all.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo7Wz9Z

Maybe something like this?

Oh, I do think dark dreams is BiS for pierce specs. When i was doing up my spite BM, I was actually surprised I didn’t think of using it on 1.1.4.2’s rancor BM.

Was even more surprised to find that most pierce builds run wth direwolf.

EDIT: Lol, I’m using the lvl 75 ring in the GT. Signet of the fallen is a good choice too for more CS

Sneaky way to compensate for OA loss! I like it, will test it later tonight.

Most pierce builds are melee, so Direwolf is bis for them.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62adzbEN

I suggest smth a little more aggressive. Shoulders are magic. I think other resists decently overcapped should compensate for smaller phys res.

edit: also slow res is fine here.

That’s good, but from playing this build losing 8% physical resist will definitely hurt. Build is tanky but it’s not exactly a wall like Infiltrators with Censure.

Main problem with your setup however is that there is not enough physique to equip gloves, even with perfect 12% physique roll from three craftables. :slight_smile:

Yeah i just forgot to take away from cunning and add to physique. I suggest to all you guys to take a closer look at these boots. The amount of stats they offer in many cases outweights those of Final March even after it’s buff.

1 Like

I have already used them on my previous build, they are really really good. Not all the builds can afford no phys res in boot slot tho. But I will test your and spanks setups.

Any chance of compensating slow res by some other means?

Windshears are a big defensive boost imo

If you drop both Final Marches and Harra’s shoulders and don’t equip Magelords then no, unless you equip Tranquil Mind pants, which are not exactly optimal for this builds. And crafts are all for physique obviously (and even if you craft three items for slow res, it’s still going to be at 50% level which is a bit suboptimal). I would take Windshears had they had total speed bonus instead of attack speed one.

unless you craft slow res on all items, which is kinda cheesy.

it’s more realistic to roll an “of armarsta’s flurry” on the shoulders to get slow res than to get 3x slow res crafts imo

Take my concept of apr 20 2019
and even no credits for me
:sob:

2 Likes