[1.1.9.8] Pierce Brosnan: 4:20 Crucible 150-170, SR90, all content+ resilient pierce caster Infiltrator [c+][sr+] (+bonus build inside)

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZo7Wz9Z

Maybe something like this?

Oh, I do think dark dreams is BiS for pierce specs. When i was doing up my spite BM, I was actually surprised I didn’t think of using it on 1.1.4.2’s rancor BM.

Was even more surprised to find that most pierce builds run wth direwolf.

EDIT: Lol, I’m using the lvl 75 ring in the GT. Signet of the fallen is a good choice too for more CS

Sneaky way to compensate for OA loss! I like it, will test it later tonight.

Most pierce builds are melee, so Direwolf is bis for them.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62adzbEN

I suggest smth a little more aggressive. Shoulders are magic. I think other resists decently overcapped should compensate for smaller phys res.

edit: also slow res is fine here.

That’s good, but from playing this build losing 8% physical resist will definitely hurt. Build is tanky but it’s not exactly a wall like Infiltrators with Censure.

Main problem with your setup however is that there is not enough physique to equip gloves, even with perfect 12% physique roll from three craftables. :slight_smile:

Yeah i just forgot to take away from cunning and add to physique. I suggest to all you guys to take a closer look at these boots. The amount of stats they offer in many cases outweights those of Final March even after it’s buff.

1 Like

I have already used them on my previous build, they are really really good. Not all the builds can afford no phys res in boot slot tho. But I will test your and spanks setups.

Any chance of compensating slow res by some other means?

Windshears are a big defensive boost imo

If you drop both Final Marches and Harra’s shoulders and don’t equip Magelords then no, unless you equip Tranquil Mind pants, which are not exactly optimal for this builds. And crafts are all for physique obviously (and even if you craft three items for slow res, it’s still going to be at 50% level which is a bit suboptimal). I would take Windshears had they had total speed bonus instead of attack speed one.

unless you craft slow res on all items, which is kinda cheesy.

it’s more realistic to roll an “of armarsta’s flurry” on the shoulders to get slow res than to get 3x slow res crafts imo

Take my concept of apr 20 2019
and even no credits for me
:sob:

2 Likes

@mad_lee, nice build! Did you try similar concept, but for mage hunter build?

huh, no, Mage Hunter doesn’t have Blade Spirits I am afraid :slight_smile:

So @banana_peel @sir_spanksalot

I have tested Banana’s spec (basically two of your specs are identical but Banana is a “greedier” one with slightly more damage). Did two runs:

• First run: died at 161 to meteor one shot. My bad, but was eating them before, probably shouldn’t eat them with lowered phys res.
  • Second run: had good mutators and was going reaaaally fast:

But died at 5:08 mark to Kuba, Alex, Korvaak. So my impressions: definitely faster, but not by much. Like 10-15 seconds faster tops. Consistency drops tho. It wasn’t a tanky build to begin with, balancing it into consistent farmer was not easy, it’s a Pierce caster after all, so no Censure, and adtch from Biting Blades + Bat is not that great. So if you are a confident pilot, you can glassify it for a bit more damage and try to outplay difficult waves.

But if you are want to legitimately farm with this build - my version is better, just because it can already do 4 runs in one blessings duration, so making it faster does not give us anything really besides bragging rights. Although it’s a great Lego build - it only need few key pieces that are build-defining and you can easily build around them and tune the build towards more damage or tankiness.

That’s actually significantly faster at this clear speeds tbh

At those speeds - definitely. But as I said, it doesn’t improve the build since it already farms at 5:30-5:45 speeds. It’s better to do ten 5:45 runs then do 9 5:30 ones and die one time.

EDIT: and when you glassify it like that it feels like it’s gonna be more than one death per 10 runs

1 Like

Windshears dooooeeeeeee

Do you think they gonna give us more damage or you want that dodge proc? Because they give like 30% more Pierce damage if you take into account Physique conversion on Final March.

That dodge proc is freaking invaluable if you are willing to pay attention to its up time

It’s also craftable.

All snippets from the same naked Cr run with budget spite.

You can just watch ~8s of each video to see how potent windshears are, especially when paired with shadow dance and dark dreams:

I think you are tad overrating it here since on the video you are playing with a super mighty spec that heals back to full hp no matter the damage with one cast, it’s a different story with this caster. Maybe together with green shoulders with a slow res roll from and a belgo ring it could be quite useful.

As I said, this build is a construcktor, and you can build it around key-items depending on what you have and your preferences. Bis spec will involve some impossible greens tho anyway and for realistic spec I think mine is pretty solid, Final Marches are at least on par with Windshears, imo.

untrue. your damage is greater than mine here, because i’m comparing a naked build to a buffed/bannered build.

your sub-6 clear speed is evident of that.

also, you should be far more resilient than my build with ulo + empyrion buff

EDIT: Why do you think I had to keep dancing around reapers?

Nope, your best naked run was 5:50 ish? That’s just 20 seconds slower than this build. And you play a game of chicken a lot in naked Crucible - never actually unleashing a full damage potential of your build, because you need to move a lot, thus losing a lot of damage. But in moments where you take stands it’s pretty clear that your damage and leeching ability is no match for Pierce Brosnan.

But anyway, I am not sure what we are arguing here about. As I said, you can build this Pierce Brosnan however you want when you have the key items. Windshears can definitely be a viable choice if you roll that slow roll on pants or shoulders.

I’ve reached a point of balance with my set of items - build is balanced around speed and consistency and is worth posting, in my opinion. Someone would prefer to glassify it for more damage, someone would like to build around Korvoran chest, etc. etc.