[1.1.7.2] The Melee King - maximum damage DW pierce Cadence Blademaster (sub 5 min Crucible, SR75-76)

If Crate started removing everything there’s too much mumbling about…

That is not true. There are builds like Runebinder, Venomblade, etc, which got no business in naked Crucible. Possible to clear, ofc, but not really to farm unless to really sell their souls for defense.

DA meta was over long ago. It’s not a recent thing.

That’s not true. Meta was 3+1 for the longest time. It was based on the principle of tribute sustainability. That principle was slightly compromised in 4+3 now as you come out 1 tribute short after 3 runs. 4+1 was never a thing - outside exotic concepts that couldn’t sustain energy otherwise - because you come out 5 tributes short meaning you gotta do 1-10 almost every run.

Honestly i dont see the point of mentioning the tribute shortage as long as 99% of the speedrun builds are stashed.

Sure but a standard was created in order to compare and discuss builds. That standard was based on a principle that just happens to accommodate for legit players, and it stuck despite 99.9% legit players can never dream of sub-5. It doesn’t change the fact that such a standard is needed.

This is also why this discussion continues. If T1 beacons are made useless, ppl will have a hard time trying to keep using beacons at all because of tribute sustainability.

Very true, therefor i think tributes should server a different purpose that actually helps a player progress with his build rather than just creating additional circumstances for a build to function.

Imo speaking about Crucible buffed I tried my beginners builds and I can’t beat 170. Even Dark One without other legendary gear can’t do it. And that’s with buufs+banners and vitality build and me as experienced player.

Unbuffed will be curse to most builds and players. I agree such drastic change will need massive balancing, doubt it’s gonna happen at this point of development, no matter what players will say.

That was way before they started posting builds. But every Crucible player did it and unless you’re Spellbinder it’s almost impossible to beat it without cheesing it to the point nothing hits you. Fumble, debuffs and bigger damage. Hell even in early Crucible you can be stripped by Arcane heroes. So Crucible have gone long way to allow such diversity as now…

Well there are two ways of balancing the thing. Either devs tone down the enemies in Crucible, either they take a decent build that can do naked consistently if piloted properly, check the times in which it can do the full run, and further adapt the other sets, skills, etc. to that. I think the first way is the easiest one ofc. and further based on that they can buff or nerf other builds that are over or underperforming. Doing this, not only that the balance will be 100% objective, but also the run will be 100% build and player skill, not other 3rd party dependencies (buffs, banners, beacons).

Bump for 1.1.6.2

The build feels more or less the same in Crucible meaning it is a little stronger in SR now.

2 Likes

Hi, thank you for this build.

1.1.6.2 Grimtools link doesn’t work. Can you please update?

Shoot! Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed.

Hey Banana, wouldn’t Iron Maiden shouders with +3 Cadence and one Bladetwister ring be worth it?

It’s a viable option as well as Zantarin shoulders. It’s just that belgo ring has overwhelming stats for the build.
Not to mention it’s much easier to farm Chosen Epaulets.

What about Fleshwarped shoulders? They also give +3 cadance

Fleshwarped will work yeah, even faction shoulders will fit, probably. This is where you have the most freedom.

A little update with 1.1.7.1 version (new MI, better rolls on previous MIs):

Max dmg Belgo is still a tad faster because of WPS buffs.
If you are running SR, don’t forget to swtich from NJE cap to War Cry.

Another update, credit goes to @mad_lee for insisting on Blade Spirits. Half the credit is taken back for no taking LA in his version.

The title will be changed appropriately.

2 Likes

After testing various melee builds i can now confirm this is the fastest melee in 1.1.7.2 (after the Ellena’s amulet was taken down for cold).

1 Like

i was hoping to see if you have a 1.1.9 update for this build sir? or is this build still kicking even on 1.1.9?

As far as I’m aware not much has changed, only the weapons got buffed. Maybe I’ll try it again sometime soon

1 Like

thanks ill be waiting sir:smiley::smiley:

Tried it again and have nothing new to show, the build performs the same.

1 Like