[1.1.5.2-1.1.9.0] SpellBreaker through Olexra is Flash Freeze. 100 SR. 150-170 6m. 75-76 without death, full of provocation arena

Very cool indeed :smiley:

so the 55% freeze res debuff stacks after multiple OFF?

this is huge to be honest, even bigger than this crazy TSS that i just saw.

b-b-but everyone tells me OFF is a bad skill. impressive build

1 Like

Seems REALLY cool and gives a lot of inspirations too! Although it requires very specific gear setups; any alternative to the green belt? Let’s say I compromise the weapon by an easier pre/suffixed one (looks kinda obtainable), I don’t think I can afford an optimal or even suboptimal green belt that would fit to the build.

1 Like

ofc sub-optimal but https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9077 seems like a valid option

2 Likes

I like it! Once I find a minor version of the weapon, I will try the build and maybe leave my observation on it. Thank you!

Dude. Bad ass!!!

So, to get this straight:

• The -fire rr from Olexre does NOT count for the (1st) olexra itself, right? (Thats why no one skills absolute zero)
  • The modifier -55% freeze resist DOES count for the 1st olexra, right?
  • That´s why its best to add another Olexra shortly before the enemy is mobile again, in order to get a -110 % freeze resist for the 2nd attack, right?

And it was indended for Crate, since no changes in the patch for this build except the rings.

@AlexGoldFish_322 What are other choices for the rings?

Mythical Ruby set or Mythical reign of ice and fire i suppose. Or Alkamos
@AlexGoldFish_322, is it true that OFF can proc hourglass only with 20% [from GT]? If so, isnt this a vast flaw and we should proc it with CT instead?

Alright, got to lvl94 now and did some dummy testing with off.
If you apply a double-off (via time dill.), the dummy is NOT frozen for a longer time.
So neither freezing nor, presumably, fire rr does stack on OFF.

Hey, is there any update after the new patch?

no, I’m working on other builds

1 Like

nothing changed for the build this patch , no items changes or anything . the ring rings were maybe nerfed

1 Like

EDIT: Please note, it has been found that this post is not 100% accurate. Please see continued discussion below for details.

Hi all,

For any interested, I leveled a fresh character in 1.1.8.1 using this build as a guide. I am happy to say, this build is still works and is super effective.

Also a note, it is critical that your night’s chill skill is overcapped to 20, anything less and some bosses do not freeze properly and you get gibbed.
EDIT: This is false, the issue was actually the random mutator on the rift. If you get an “unstoppable” mutator, the bosses will be immune to freeze and you might as well retry another rift.

Second note, it is pretty important to get the exact belt MI “of Winter’s Storm” to achieve this level of overcap on Night’s Chill, which is very hard. As a work around, the Chillsurge ring can be used to reach the overcap and play the build properly. It is sub-optimal but still pretty good.

https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/11202

Here is my char.
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1zOjZ
I did move a few points around into frostburn damage just as a personal preference.

Thank you AlexGoldFish_322 for the very fun build!

1 Like

How is Night’s Chill in any way relevant to freezing the bosses? It doesn’t decrease freeze resistance.

1 Like

I’m not sure to be honest, but can confirm the build went from 100% unplayable at 19/20 (most rift bosses would not freeze), to 20/20 being able to pull all bosses at once every rift, freeze them all and never dying. Over and over. ATM it is the fastest clearing build I have by a good margin.

1 Like

Does this suggestion mean no other class than spellbreakers can use mage hunt set for this freeze affect? :frowning:

So I am doing more and more tests, and you are right Salvor, the night chill is not doing it. I went back to 19/20 and tested, over and over, froze fine. I even turned Veil of Shadow/Night’s Chill off completely, and still froze fine on rift bosses.

But something is going on, because before I ran 10+ 65-66 rifts and almost every time but not always, bosses did not freeze. And i’m not talking “certain bosses”, like it’s a sure thing that Commander Lucius doesn’t freeze and is general a pain to deal with (his Devastation can 1-shot you due to low armor/physical resist in the build), also Moosilauke seems immune.

I’m talking bosses like Kubacabra, Grava’Thul, Valdaran, Benn’Jhar, Fabius, Zantarin, Iron maiden, Aleksander, Reaper, Kaisan, etc would not freeze in most runs, but in other runs they sometimes would.

I present evidence - this is all from a single play session today, over a few hours. See in this clip, all should freeze but Lucius. They don’t, and I get blown up (piloting not the best, sorry film done just for testing):

Especially notice that Azaleon did not freeze. But now look in this clip, in the next rift, he does freeze and the rift is easy:

Here are more clips of successful 100% freezes:

But in this clip, I literally have 2 Fabius in the same rift, one freezes, the other does not! Notice the OFF debuff icon under the boss names, also it is plain to see the frozen one is not attacking and dying faster (due to resist and DA debuffs on OFF), while the other who doesnt freeze has much more HP due to no freeze/no debuffs:

Sorry for the confusion in my first post, I’m just not sure what is causing this discrepancy? I’d really like to get to the bottom of this. Any ideas?

1 Like

You can’t freeze bosses with Unstoppable mutator, it gives them additional CC res. Check mutators there: https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/The_Crucible

For permafreezing you have to cast Olexra two times in row as fast as you can, it should be binded for Hourglass devotion.

2 Likes

That’s it, I just tested. Thank you!

You essentially play Russian roulette when you open a rift - if you get the Unstoppable mutator, might as well restart now.

Yes the double cast is critical. It can be a bit tricky, as Aeon is a 20% chance to go off on hit. That means its best to pull all the bosses, as it gives more chances that the devotion procs with the extra hits and lets you do the 2nd cast for the perma freeze. If you single pull bosses, it can be difficult to get that 1/5 devotion proc to go off.

1 Like