[1.2.0.3] Thunder and Lightning - Upheaval Ultos Warder [c+] [sr]

Nice build, though I hate relying on a 2nd attack skill just for the (temporary) buff that it gives. Is overall a big dps loss, inconsistent, and annoying AF to play.

Not criticizing you OP, I see this on tons of builds, its seems to just be accepted that it’s good to do this I think with no thought for gameplay mechanics.

edit: shouldn’t you give credit to: [1.1.4.1 - 1.1.5.2] (2H melee) High Voltage - Primal Strike Warder [c+] [sr] as you basically copied his build but changed out a few things in devotion tree?

there’s no particular need in that cuz I helped @Slev1n with his build and Ultos Warders vary very little :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ultos builds are old af, man. Even when I made my first build - Ultos Druid - 2,5 years ago, I gave credit to someone back then because I was the n-th person to that.

If we are to dig deep into Ultos meta, I would give credit to @Superfluff, because I think he was the first guy who posted an Ultos build with Thunderous Strike (it was Conjurer). But was he the first who came up with that idea how to play Ultos? Who knows.

I think at this point it’s just whoever posts the most min-maxed version, and Slev1n’s one is well-tuned.

2 Likes

Are you absolutely sure there’s a big DPS loss if any?
Suppose with Savagery we have 3APS and 2.85APS without it.
Theoretically on a dummy during 14s it would mean 6 Savagery attacks (2s) + 36PS (12s) attacks vs 40 PS Attacks (14s).
Add to that things like:

• Savagery deals damage too
  • OA buff
  • Slow res, other defensive buffs that help with being more offensive
  • if you add 1 Savagery attack in-between PS attacks here and there isn’t there some sort of animation cancelling going on? I don’t really know but it looked that way when I was testing it
  • stacking Savagery in appropriate moments when it doesn’t matter too much
  • you can use it to proc devotion skills (skelies most probably) in some setups

I guess someone would need to test it but I’m not so sure. Of course you don’t need to use it if you don’t want to (in campaign for example it wouldn’t make too much sense where you dispose of monsters quickly/don’t fight in one place). I don’t think it’s that annoying, you can get used to it quickly or you can try to macro/script it.

1 Like

I tested your devotions setup, unfortunately he doesn’t live with it at all, and the best time was 6.05

1 Like

UPDATE : Added new vids with Lokarr and Mogdrogen. All videos made with alternative version of the build

1 Like

Hi Slev1n, im new in the game and in the forum, also im not an english native so please be kind with my horrible english.

Can you please put the order of the skill to lvl up and devotion? I dont know which skill I must lvl first and which path I have to make in devotion area. Also im lost in the skill section, how manny points I must spent in each skill.

Thx for this build! Looks awesome.
Saludos desde Uruguay//Greetings from Uruguay!

2 Likes

Update will be soon

UPDATE 1.1.6.0 : Added new GT link, new videos. Helm was crafted to slow res

2 Likes

Any plans for a dual wield version?

Nope-CD primal still sucks

Is this the same build that had the Thor image on it?

Was the build nerfed too hard? Just got back into the game and was thinking of making this my next char, but dunno if I want another melee or not.

Yeah, it is

Primal strike was nerfed tangible but still playable

Is it fully completed build ? Or something u still missing to bis list ? Like 2nd anubar ring. And why u keepin coven storm seal instead of anubar+storm witch(u had before) ?

Its a fully complete build. I have tested anubar+witch and its worse than anubar+coven

Hi, i am very interested in your build. Can u please give us a detailed guide? Which skills to prioritize? Just curious why u need 2 main skills, primal strike and savagery?

Pretty good guide https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HW3A6ZVgh0eiLA-n9Ee7LzflQyp_hqYz
Savagery uses to get offensive and defensive ability buff, slow resistance