[1.1.6.2] American dream: from 0 to beating endgame with scrap metal and bare hands (Blademaster, For beginners, Faction gear, Pure DW melee, SR75, Crucible 150-170)

1.1.6.2 Update - Crucible 7:23 min with “all-faction” setup (includes two easily farmable MI’s and one blue craft).

1 Like

Hej! Nice build and very good guide, thank you for that.

Just one question, do you have some recommendations for the devotion path?

1 Like

Hey!
I suggest to focus on survivability. Take Revenant and Ghoul first (after Assassin’s Blade) because leech is the main survivability tool. Then go for other defensive devotions like Wolverine and Solemn Watcher.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply!

1 Like

Hi Banana_peel,

Thank you for the guide. I followed it pretty close and finally was able to tackle SR60+ and get the Shattered Realm set! This definitely feels like my most powerful character. I’m curious on whether you have some thoughts on the insect slicers vs Redeemer. I have two Puncturing of Alacrity (lvl 94 and 92 respectively) Are they an upgrade or …?

Slicers with good rolls (one rare pierce affix) will be an upgrade. Puncturing of Alacrity will be more or less the same. More dmg, lower defences because of +skills loss. You can always try it yourself, just take seal of blades for both weapons.

But if you are low on mats, i don’t think it’s worth trying. Get better affixes or keep the current weapons. They are really good for faction gear.

1 Like

Thanks! I guess I will try to farm a bit more because I already changed my gear for the slicers. What about your take on blade spirit points? So far I maxed it out because they seem nice for add on dmg but I notice most builds don’t seem to heavily invest in them and I was curious on the thought behind that.

Blade Spirits are very good at 24+ points and with some conversion. When you don’t have conversion or enough points to reach 24/16, it’s a marginal investment. Blademaster usually finds a better way to spend points.

2 Likes

Got it. I only got +skills to get to 19 so I guess I’ll scrap it because I am hurting for points in other areas.

Thanks again!

2 Likes

Does it matter what faction you choose? Death’s Vigil or Kymon’s?

1 Like

It doesn’t matter all that much but i find Kymon’s to have more valuable augments.

1 Like

is this build still viable guys?

1 Like

it is, yes

1 Like

thanks mate!

1 Like

Is this build still viable?

it is, yes

1 Like

Hey man, thanks for the guide. It still works, beating SR 65-66. Combined your build with stupid dragon. Got lucky with the pants and the boots at totem farm

Thx a bunch man…

1 Like