[1.1.8.0] Chaotic Spinner - high DPS DW melee chaos Eye of Reckoning Sentinel, SR 65+

INTRODUCTION

The reason behind this build is to create a DW melee chaos EoR build. I chose the Occultist as the second class because of chaos damage support. As weapons I use two Fangs of Ch’thon. I managed to get nice 84 % chaos RR and high lifesteal 24 %. Build is good both offensively and defensively. It has DPS of 230k - 400k but is almost never at those 230k DPS. This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. Fighting Reaper is not a problem.

I have other spinner builds here. I have other chaos melee builds here. All my builds are here.

Here is a list comparing all my spinners from best to worst. All are at least SR 65-66 capable.
  1. Yugol the Insatiable – great build, cold + acid VR, use of dual damage is good, offensively good and defensively strong, ease of gameplay is OK despite using both CoF for RR and Lethal Assault for buffs

2. Aether Spinner Oppressor – great build, aether EoR, offensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little behind Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

3. Gyroscoper – great build, physical EoR, offensively a little better than Yugol the Insatiable, defensively a little weaker than Aether Oppressor, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

4. Twilight Spinner – great build, aether + chaos EoR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively noticably weaker than Aether Oppressor, defensively similar to Yugol the Insatiable, nice gameplay with passive RR

5. Yugol of Twilight – great build, aether + chaos VR, use of dual damage is good even with low RR, offensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR

6. Aether Spinner Templar – good build, aether EoR, offensively a little similar to Yugol of Twilight, defensively a little weaker than Twilight Spinner (but a little better than Gyroscoper), nice gameplay

7. Chilled Spinner Shielded – good build, cold EoR, offensively a little better than Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Gyroscoper, nice gameplay with passive RR

8. Chilled Spinner – good build, cold EoR, similar offensively to Chilled Spinner Shielded, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner Shielded, nice gameplay with passive RR

9. Aether Spinner Shieldbreaker – good build, aether EoR, offensively similar to Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

10. Spinning Inferno – good build, fire EoR, offensively similar to Aether Opressor, defensively a little weaker than Aether Shieldbreaker, nice gameplay (RR is not passive but Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

11. Spinning Freezer – good build with nice gameplay from freezing enemies, fire EoR + OFF, offensively a little weaker than Chilled Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Inferno

12. Chaotic Spinner – OK build, chaos EoR, offensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, defensively a little weaker than Spinning Freezer, nice gameplay with passive RR

13. Yugol the Hungry – OK build, cold VR, offensively smilar to Twilight Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, nice gameplay with passive RR + CoF (Curse of Frailty is still good to use)

14. Skywalker – weaker build, lightning EoR, offensively a little weaker than Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Yugol the Hungry, using Thermite Mines for RR makes ease of gameplay weaker

15. Spinning Immortal Army – weaker build, acid VR + pets, offensively similar to Chaotic Spinner, defensively a little weaker than Skywalker, nice gameplay with passive RR

GRIMTOOLS https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28bpDzZ

I use three monster infrequent items - Valdaran’s Shoulderguards, Gargoyle Girdle and Solael-Sect Legguards. You want bonuses to OA, DA and resistances. Crafting bonuses on weapons and amulet are to stun resistance.

Stats of the build

OFFENSE

nice DPS 230k - 400k

OK base OA - around 2900 OA (nice OA with Ascension - around 3250 OA)

up to 55 DA reduction to enemies from component

low critical damage 8 % (26 % with Hungering Void)

OK chaos resistance reduction from Eldritch Fire, Ravager’s Deathgaze, Mark of Ch’thon and Revenant - up to -84 %

damage from devotions - Revenant and Eldritch Fire

DEFENSE

OKish life close to 12000 HP

OK DA - above 2850 DA (Resilience increases it more)

up to 490 OA reduction to enemies from Dark Desires (skill from Rune), Bloody Pox and Annihilation

high lifesteal 24 %

OK CC resistances without Ascension with crafting bonuses to stun resistance (high CC resistances with Ascension)

capped disruption resistance from Possession

reasonably overcapped resistances

nice physical resistance 25 %

low armor - 1600

% reduced damage to enemies from Soulfire

% damage absorption from Possession

flat damage absorption from Ascension

poison, vitality and chaos damage absorption from proc on boots

healing on standby from Blood of Dreeg

+3 to all max resistances (+7 with Resilience active)

lifesteal from Kilrian’s Flame

Guardian’s Gaze

Prismatic Rage from component

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg

Chaotic%20Spinner%201

image from the game with passive buffs + Blood of Dreeg, Ascension, Hungering Void and Abominable Might

Chaotic%20Spinner%202

SR, CRUCIBLE

I play SR with camera pointed away from enemies and I try my builds only in SR 65-66 and SR 80. I play around 10 SR runs per character.

This build does SR 65-66 relatively easily. No boss is a problem. Benny is a bit slower to kill. SR 80 is tough because chaos resistant nemesis are very hard to kill and build is a little squishier for physical hits.

I don’t play Crucible so I don’t have a time number for it.

Image from SR 66

3 Likes

How many 65-66 runs did you to reach this conclusion? Chaos builds are known to have problems with Reaper, especially ones with no resist reduction in mastery and no racial damage to Undead. I am curious how your build handles it.

I always do around 10 runs. I have 28 % lifesteal and damage absorption + damage reduction, nice phys res 29 % and less damage from undead. Reaper was not the toughest to kill but aetherial heroes were in SR 65-66. Don’t really get why… Maybe some bad rolls on items and mutators. I have more problems with Reaper on elemental builds than on those with chaos or aether which is strange as well.

Whatever… Here we go again. Accusing me of things… I use camera abuse in SR 65-66 but I find that to be legit. I wrote it somewhere else. I play only in ultimate that takes around 10 hours and I do around 10 SR runs. You can do that in two days easily. And I have lots of already played builds just waiting for posting from earlier. Now with corona slowdown I have a lot of time. But if you think I am posting shit then just don’t read it I don’t really care.

What is that exactly and how does it help you in SR? I have seen people commenting on aggro abuse or camera abuse and searched for it but couldn’t find a proper explaination, just it’s a bug issue.

Point camera away from the enemies it reduces their vision range and you can then more easily pull them one by one. But even with it sometimes you will pull more of them.

1 Like

@fordprefect I will add some additional information about this bug to make it more clear. Monster’s vision except their own depends of player’s vision. The less you see them, the less they see you. You can pull them with just rotating corners of your camera, not even moving. Zooming camera on your character decrease their vision even more. You can see example on video. Sorry for putting my video in another build thread, I want to show how it looks:

You may have around 99% consistency with it if you already have experience with normal boss vision. This 1% is usually because player’s mistake. No exaggeration. That’s why I avoid to use it in my build threads in 75-80 showcase runs, most playerbase have no idea about this trick and I do not want to bait anyone into inconsistent runs.

5 Likes

Thank you for the answers, interesting method but I probably never use it purposely. Now the build looks very cool but wouldn’t it better to use Voidsoul Visage to get some of those lightning damage converted to chaos?

I find that +1 to all skills and chaos RR better.

1 Like

I played in SR now few more runs just to be sure. Reaper is easy but takes time. Grava is easier and you kill him faster. Longest time from nemesis takes Benny but he is not dangerous. The toughest are healing aetherial heroes in 1-3 chunks. If you get couple of them in the same group they are unkillable. And they are the most dangerous for killing you as well in large group. Which is strange. This could happen on elemental builds but with chaos it is really strange.

1 Like

On the whole this build is a little weaker than my aether Templar and a bit stronger than my aether Shieldbreaker. The best of the spinners I have posted is by far the aether Oppressor. The lightning spinner is on par with this one.

Also don’t forget that there is fumble and impaired aim on Oblivion relic skill.

I get it from certain perspective but I was already dealing with this many times here… There were already couple of responses from players of my builds in the threads. And although there were few them so far all were positive. I play non meta builds and try to be creative with building chars. But if you just look at the basic stats it should be obvious that this one is just fine. Though a bit inconsistent when playing it because of the huge jump in DPS from 220k - 330k.

And what is OK for a playthrough of SR is relative as well. For someone it is without dying and no camera abuse. For me it is doing it almost every time within the timer. And I don’t mind dying once or twice if it is finished on time. And player skills matter a lot as well. Maybe I am not a bad pilot. Hard to say.

Well this one is not fast in killing but Nemesis are not a problem. I don’t think I died with it in the boss room. Always in packs of mobs in chunks 1-3. Being slowed down or nulled is a death sentence often. Generally I don’t agree with that chaos kills fast. Aether kills fast. That is why I had my threads about chaos RR recently.

That maybe true with Rah’zin. I never used it. But without it chaos is not great. Aether is the king for me of all damage types with normal builds (not counting unkillable vit casters or retal and pets).

Three of my strongest builds are aether. Aether AAR, aether EoR Oppressor and aether Krieg set. But I will post as my next build tanky chaos AAR Warlock that killed Ravager facetanking first half and a lot of the second with some disenganging for cooldowns to end. But it was slow. Aether AAR was three times faster!

false. /10char

1 Like

Well I am not amazed by it. Comparable aether builds are just better.

aether casters are good by their nature (note: talking about Spellbinder mostly).
medium-level caster and melee aether builds seem to struggle after multiple nerfs.