[1.1.6.2] I Can't Believe It's Not AAR! - A collection of Tome of the Arcane Wastes builds (Elemental Deceiver, Aether Mage Hunter, Vitality Cabalist)

I just tested my Deceiver in SR and I cleared SR80 without dying. Your version is seriously lacking in damage from devotions. I don’t think Pyran’s is a good idea, especially if your intent is to be tankier. Horns of Korvaak is just way too good with this build and Fateweaver’s Raiment gives you a ton of defenses.

No, I disagree. Mine is a lot sturdier. And damage output is not a problem. Your build is made for good pilots (low health). Mine is for bad pilots because I am a bad one :smiley: Mine has 1900 Hp/s regen and when giant is up, it is 3300 Hp/s + seal and bat. More life also.

1 Like

Sorry, man, I think Plasmo’s Deciever is a bit tankier. He has a lot more physical resist which is more important than armor for a caster, some additional leech in form of Hyrian proc and he dispatches of monsters much faster. Plus some impaired aim from Word of Pain.

1 Like

When I look at that low DA and life… Maybe for a superb pilot it is true. But I would get massacred with such a build. With bad mutator of -100 DA he must be critted a lot in SR and with that life…

1 Like

3 in 1 better than coffee :smile:

Really sick builds, vitality one is star of the show. Not Oblivion or BBlades but Arcane Tome. And the conversion :ok_hand:

1 Like

Plasmo’s deceiver has 0% stun res at default and only 30% with auras and procs active. Isn’t this a huge risk for a tank?

I’m not an expert on endgame stuff but just from playing the game I know your build can be solid as hell, but that lack of stun res can screw you over cant it?

he has 30% stun res, it’s a enough for a build like that from my experience. Of course 50% would be better for SR, but 30% is enough.

1 Like

Is 30% stun res enough for a build like that because the damage output will neutralize most threats before the low stun res presents any real problems?

Is this what Plasmo means to reference when saying Duchy’s version is seriously lacking in damage from Devotions, and that Pyrans is a bad choice? Maybe less damage means less tankiness despite the tanky numbers looking good with Pyrans on paper?

I could see that… I know at any rate HP regen and total HP aren’t great frames of reference for build survivability on their own, as gorgeous and fun as they are… and armor rating/absorption as well. Gotta be able to put out damage otherwise it becomes a war of attrition, so the real challenge is to find that perfect middle ground of damage and defense…

Maybe that’s why Plasmos build is tankier, though it may not appear to seem that way on paper to the noobier pilots like Duchy and myself. So maybe not entirely a matter of literal piloting, but rather a matter of understanding the mechanics and all their interactions…

1 Like

With 0% Stun resist you can be forever chained by enemies. 30% usually prevents that. Plus stun reduced the duration only, it’s different not only from standard resistances but even from slow’s mechanics.

In Crucible Ulo buff covers your stun. In SR non boss waves stun and other CC are common. But little bit of a skill can make you avoid it. Or of course nuke everything :wink:

I like Duchy’s idea of Pyran, although Mage Hunter with Devastation will be better fit. Maybe even Sorc. Wait I am going off-track.

Speaking of defense, both builds are somewhat squishy. Plasmo tactic is to have better offense leading to defense. Bat and Hyran, Seal and 2 Heals are actually pretty decent. If you add Ghoul that’s even more solid. Health regen is working mainly on shield builds(tanks), where you can’t have much life steal but you mitigate lots of damage. I use health regen as main survival stat at my BwC spammer. But without compromising the damage. That’s the important part if you are using regen.

Speaking of skills, Plasmo is amazing pilot, so you can count on him to time his skills and play what will be impossible for some players :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I see, well thank you for that. It was very informative. I am glad to hear that a significant element is the piloting, but still, at least with me even after all this time, I still realize there is more to learn especially about Stun res. I have been improperly evaluating my own builds based on Stun res under 60%, no matter reduced duration or not.

I need to pay better attention to that pesky stat!

1 Like

I love the Vitality Cabalist one! I would probably set mine up like this. A bad pilot needs his Ghoul!

30% is enough for crucible, if you want more for SR the boots can easily be swapped for ill omens (they might be better anyway actually).

Health regen generally isn’t good enough for staying alive in crucible or high shards, better to rely on physical resist, armor and most importantly adcth. Something like Ghoul is great, Behemoth not so much.

As for Pyran’s, it’s a very fragile set which seems to be at odds with his goal. Fateweaver’s Raiment offers so many defenses it’s just too good to pass up.

I’ll fully admit it’s a fragile build that’s designed for crucible and not for SR, but I don’t think going for health regen and giving up all the damage procs is a good idea. Ghoul, Phoenix and maybe even Scales are devotion options to improve survivability a bit.

1 Like

Once again i’m amazed of your imagination @Plasmodermic. These builds are very sick. Also im very surprised that the best of them is the vitality one

2 Likes

Hello sir i want to ask you where you found the tome of arcane wastes(im farming all day and i cant get it)

thanks you!!!

Its a random drop so why should it matter where he found it? Its just RNG :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forum btw

Perhaps you can trade for it, see here Grim Dawn Legit Trading Threads I have four of them, so if you want I am willing to trade with you.

oh i see thank you…i didnt know im new to this game!
by the way can i get it from tyrant hold ventor who makes legendaries?

Tyrant hold smith is crafting only low level legendary items, you need to go tho blacksmith Bella Fald in AoM area, here: https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Tomb_of_Herald_Mathis

and regardless, it will not be worth it. Easier to just farm totems, rougelikes etc

Hi, I got question regarding Vitality Cabalist build.

How do You manage to add points to Oklaine’s Lantern and Rattosh the Veilwarden?

After putting points in all other constellations I’m still missing 3 points in Eldritch affinity and 1 point in Order affinity, and I can’t add any points to Oklaine’s and Rattosh. What I’m missing here?

Great build btw having a blast playing it!

@Classical_Bets :

Green
Bat
Fiend
Blue
Tsunami
Wendigo
Sailor guide
Solemn watcher
Panther
Remove blue
Hawk